Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Can someone please give me a job

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2010, 05:17 PM
andycal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can someone please give me a job

As the title says...i need a job asap as you can see im getting desperado now, So desperate im posting it on here. Iv been made redundant and all the open vacancies i ring have already been taken. I normally work in factorys as a flt driver but i will do anything (well allmost anything).
The missus is doing my head in. So could someone point me in the right direction of a job or give me a job .
Im in birmingham.

No your a poorpa or bum replies either
Old 25 June 2010, 05:26 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.jobsite.co.uk

http://www.monster.co.uk/

http://www.mybirminghamjobs.co.uk/

Soz, can't offer you a job but good luck!
Old 25 June 2010, 05:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I found ringing companies direct to be the best approach, these job-sites are all well and good but in this climate most of the jobs have already gone by the time you apply for them.
Old 25 June 2010, 07:44 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Get yourself registered with people like REED at least you may get some temp work to keep you going until you find something. Good luck.
Old 26 June 2010, 05:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I can't help you except to say you have to keep trying. Not much good I know but I can at least wish you good luck.

Les
Old 26 June 2010, 07:06 PM
Xx-IAN-xX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I found ringing companies direct to be the best approach, these job-sites are all well and good but in this climate most of the jobs have already gone by the time you apply for them.
what he said , get round all the industrials sites in the area your willing to travel and leave them all your cv if you can't talk to someone there and then
Old 26 June 2010, 08:25 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Please dont think I am being rude here but about 8 years ago I Was in a similar position, I went to Dominos Pizza to work.
£6 PH + £1 per delivery + tips, I used to make about £12 an hour. It was last resort for me so I had to do that but I dont know if people are aware how well it pays. Of course if you are driving an Impreza the petrol costs might be a factor.
It might keep you ticking over until a more appropriate job comes along, plus they are always after drivers.
Old 26 June 2010, 08:51 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

£12 an hour for a temp job whilst you find something better is excellent ..
Old 26 June 2010, 08:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

try www.reed.co.uk it lists job from most of the agencies and also employers direct. I got my current job there

you can set all sorts of perameters to suite what you want how far you are prepared to travel.

Make sure your CV is up to date and interesting to read and readable of course.

Good luck!
Old 26 June 2010, 09:09 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in a similar position two years ago. I just wrote a letter out pointing out my positive attributes and what i thought i could bring to a company, and just edited it slightly each time to suit the company, google is your friend. did about 50 letters got 3 interviews and 1 job

not saying it will work, but im an hgv driver so its not a massively different job. dont forget that most building sites have a reach flt on site and work is definatly picking up on building sites, find local building sites and say giz a job.

Good Luck
Old 26 June 2010, 09:35 PM
97TURBO
Scooby Regular

I have been looking for a new job lately and have to say i would hate to be in you're position of needing a new job. Most of these agency companies need shooting, half the time they string you along and you then find out the job was already taken.

Also, if applying to bigger companies, how soon would you expect to get a reply?
Old 27 June 2010, 12:04 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 97TURBO
I have been looking for a new job lately and have to say i would hate to be in you're position of needing a new job. Most of these agency companies need shooting, half the time they string you along and you then find out the job was already taken.

Also, if applying to bigger companies, how soon would you expect to get a reply?
Some agencies are total frigging cowboys I took a job with an agency with the understanding it was 40 hours a week, so I signed off only to find out on the Monday I would be working anywhere between 1 to 5 days a week.
Old 27 June 2010, 12:22 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may be worth considering doing any job (as Tim says) in the meantime. It keeps you in work and once an opportunity turns up to do something you would rather, I think it would look good to a potential employer that you carried on working, personally I'd view that as a good work ethic.

Also, if you are open to going down a different route, if you can afford to start lower down the ladder you never know, you may find you enjoy a new challenge and are good at it. If it's something you can progress in, you could find this a positive in the end.

Try shops, delivery driving, warehouse work etc. If you wish to progress and do more than the standard job, push yourself and show willing, if you are happy to stay at a certain level there is no shame in that, it's a job and so long as money is coming in, the worry is lessened. Plus depending on what you do, you could possibly consider re-training or doing a course in something you may be interested in, doors could be opened that you may have never considered or been able to go for.

I wish I could help, but I do wish you good luck in finding something soon. Fingers crossed for you whatever path you choose.
Old 27 June 2010, 08:37 AM
andycal
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the possitive comments guys & girls
I fancy doing something for myself so i might do a window tinting course as there is nobody near me doing it...scoobynet members discounts (once i start getting good at it)
I realy didnt think anyone would read this thread so thanks again for the good vibes.
Old 27 June 2010, 11:19 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well i am surprised you can't get a job doing flt work,Birmingham is loaded with industrial estates,if you sign on to an agency i know what work you could most likely get but it would only be for the summer,and that's working for the council doing gardening/cutting the grass in parks etc.Ever sometimes see guys in the streets with them petrol strimmers.My mates son did it for the summer while off from college,not bad money either..