Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Undercover Boss C4 Thursdays

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2010, 11:34 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Undercover Boss C4 Thursdays

Did anyone see the Viridor episode tonight!

Ooooh - that bloke calling him all the names under the Sun is in a spot of bother methinks!!!
Old 12 August 2010, 11:50 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he would be at the beginning of the show until I saw the context. I think he'll be ok, the boss seemed an ok bloke and think he knew it was just banter.

The bloke who got it worst was the one 'running' the old plant. He didn't look best pleased at the end when all was revealed.

Being the soft sh1te I am, I shed a little tear when he spoke to the guy with cancer at the end.
Old 13 August 2010, 12:29 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
I thought he would be at the beginning of the show until I saw the context. I think he'll be ok, the boss seemed an ok bloke and think he knew it was just banter.

The bloke who got it worst was the one 'running' the old plant. He didn't look best pleased at the end when all was revealed.

Being the soft sh1te I am, I shed a little tear when he spoke to the guy with cancer at the end.
Yeah - just watching that bit right now
Old 13 August 2010, 12:42 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wow - Tell you what - If you haven't watched this series (esp this episode) then you should IMHO.

I feel enriched. Thought provoking...

Mark
Old 13 August 2010, 12:48 AM
Lisawrx

Originally Posted by jods
Yeah - just watching that bit right now
It was just so moving.

I must say, I don't even think that what the boss offered was just playing up to the camera. He even looked emotional. What a kind gesture.
Old 13 August 2010, 07:44 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

That entire show is a bag of ****e from start to finish....

Oh look here comes a new worker called "Bob Smith" and he's an entire camera crew with him... it feels staged, the only way it works is if you place the boss alongside a few lower down the food chain oinks as they're too thick to put two and two together!

That fat twonk that drove the truck was a real 100% carrot, at the end when given an opportunity to travel to Berlin (or wherever) his response was "I'll go anywhere you want me to mate" FFS what a chav, I bet the boss had a quick rethink after that exchange...

Anyhow it's all to self serving for my liking, almost an ego fluffer for the boss... wear a disguise, work at the bottom of the food chain for a week, get slagged off, have the company slagged off and then the big "DA - DAAARR" I'm actually really important!

And they can't be that ******* great boss's as their "recovery plans" following their week of work are bollox, utter bollox... "best practice workshop to be nice to customers - a trip to Germany to look at a weighing machine - a few quid for a new kitchen and a flaming holiday" Jesus H Christ, if I was a board member I'd be looking for Steptoes head in a basket!

Other than that it was alright
Old 13 August 2010, 08:09 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Sounds like 'Secret Millionaire'. Ok it might have worked on the first series when people didn't know about the programme but all subsequent series where the secret millionaire gets introduced to a job at a worthy cause or someone in need.... Zzzzzzz
Old 13 August 2010, 08:22 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
Sounds like 'Secret Millionaire'. Ok it might have worked on the first series when people didn't know about the programme but all subsequent series where the secret millionaire gets introduced to a job at a worthy cause or someone in need.... Zzzzzzz
I really hate that ego stroking bile of a programme... "Hi my names not Bob... it's actually Rupert and I'm a millionaire!" *waits for praise and admiration from oinks* "I'm so minted that I'm going to make you look absolutely worthless by giving you a cheque for FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS so that you can buy a new kidney!" *awaits more praise and snivelling from oinks*.....

I'm awaiting the "Dear Rupert, take your cheque and shove it up your ****...." type response
Old 13 August 2010, 08:49 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
I really hate that ego stroking bile of a programme... "Hi my names not Bob... it's actually Rupert and I'm a millionaire!" *waits for praise and admiration from oinks* "I'm so minted that I'm going to make you look absolutely worthless by giving you a cheque for FIVE THOUSAND POUNDS so that you can buy a new kidney!" *awaits more praise and snivelling from oinks*.....

I'm awaiting the "Dear Rupert, take your cheque and shove it up your ****...." type response

Oooh, you're SUCH a cynic DCI!
Old 13 August 2010, 09:50 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

DCI is on the ball here, nothing but cheap ego stroking advertisement.