Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cameron reminds UK public to turn the clock back ‘30 years’ this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 30 October 2010, 08:55 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameron reminds UK public to turn the clock back ‘30 years’ this weekend

http://www.newsbiscuit.com/2010/10/2...-this-weekend/

Prime Minister David Cameron today asked the people of Britain if they wouldn’t mind turning their clocks back ‘an extra 30 years’ tomorrow night.

‘By Monday morning I confidently predict our entire country will be waking up to November 1st 1980,’ said Mr Cameron. ‘We’ve done all the necessary groundwork – some of it essential such as laying vast amounts of people off, and some of it frankly less enjoyable such as getting Spandau Ballet back together.’

Mr Cameron, sporting red braces and clutching a Filofax, said he was excited about the coalition’s plan for mass revisionism, which has been dubbed ‘The Great Leap Backward’. He was flanked by the Deputy PM Nick ‘Cleggers’ Clegg, wearing a multi-coloured jumper, a ‘Frank Field says Relax’ badge and carrying a portable telephone the size of a shoebox.
Old 30 October 2010, 08:58 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

probably nearer 50 years is needed to undo the labour damage
Old 30 October 2010, 09:00 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
probably nearer 50 years is needed to undo the labour damage
You were never around when the tories were in power then?

Tony
Old 30 October 2010, 09:02 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are about to be dragged back to the dark ages .......... where the NHS no longer exists, where the workhouses were the only place for the disabled, where the gentry will lord it over the minions, where ill health amongst the poor is rife, where if you can't afford you don't have!

Welcome to a Tory Britain!!

Last edited by pslewis; 30 October 2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 30 October 2010, 09:04 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Shame we can`t go back to before 1900, when the Labour Party didn`t exist.
Old 30 October 2010, 09:07 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
We are about to be dragged back to the dark ages .......... where the NHS no longer exists, where the workhouses were the only place for the disabled, where the gentry will lord it over the minions, where ill health amongst the poor is rife, where if you can't afford you don't have!

Better than a world where job dodging scroungers live in a bigger house than me, all paid for them by us through our taxes.
When I work all the hours under the sun to keep a roof over my head, while they sit on their asses watching their 90 inch plazmas we gave them money for.

Yes there are loads of deserving people on benefits, but a hell of a lot more who aren`t.

Plus whats wrong with if you can`t afford you don`t have?? Surely its that **** backwards, stuck up, stupid ****ing idea that got us here. People borrowing waaaaaaaay too much and not being able to afford it.

Last edited by Jimbob; 30 October 2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 30 October 2010, 09:09 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jimbob WRX
Shame we can`t go back to before 1900, when the Labour Party didn`t exist.
So true, and you wouldnt have had a vote unless you were a land owner or very wealthy! Oh look, isnt that a little backwards??! (see what the tories did for us then? )

Tony
Old 30 October 2010, 09:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Better than a world where job dodging scroungers live in a bigger house than me, all paid for them by us through our taxes.
When I work all the hours under the sun to keep a roof over my head, while they sit on their asses watching their 90 inch plazmas we gave them money for.

Yes there are loads of deserving people on benefits, but a hell of a lot more who aren`t.
Not just Labour that did this, the Tories chose to ignore it for nearly 18 years, it wasnt quite all plazma's back then, but they had enough to enjoy themselves with (laser discs etc).
Of course if we had a decent imigration setup we probably wouldnt have as much of an issue as we do now (I shall let you guess who cut that right back, and no it wasnt Labour).

Tony
Old 30 October 2010, 09:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

State Schools under the Tories:-

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch...ldren/work.jpg

You have all been 'had' by the Cameron bandwagon ....... I did warn you!!
Old 30 October 2010, 09:14 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Is that you on the right Pete?

Tony
Old 30 October 2010, 09:16 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I'm the little one at the front with ricketts
Old 30 October 2010, 09:18 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
So true, and you wouldnt have had a vote unless you were a land owner or very wealthy! Oh look, isnt that a little backwards??! (see what the tories did for us then? )

Tony
You mean, give women the vote, allow house owners to vote, set up the initial NHS (yes it wasn`t Labour). Most reforms were done by the Tories, but Labour being the Communist liars they are lie about everything.
Old 30 October 2010, 09:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well hes right about Spandau Ballet
Old 30 October 2010, 09:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Will you give over
Old 30 October 2010, 10:13 PM
scarey
Scooby Regular

We are about to be dragged back to the dark ages .......... where the NHS no longer exists, where the workhouses were the only place for the disabled, where the gentry will lord it over the minions, where ill health amongst the poor is rife, where if you can't afford you don't have!Welcome to a Tory Britain!!
erm..well yes this is normal

or would Labour have bought me a Porsche if they'd got back in?
Old 30 October 2010, 10:19 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Ah the rose tinted spectacles.

Thatcher did as much damage to Britain as Labour... they are all politicians and only interesting in feathering their own nests.

Both Blair and Thatcher became millionaires by being PM. In Thatcher's case that was no mean feat on £28K a year. !!!
Old 31 October 2010, 09:28 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

And your point is ?

I thought you were wealthy enough to rise above such irrelevances.

dunx

P.S. Another monumental Labour screw up, and the "political trolls" are out again.
Old 31 October 2010, 09:47 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

You mean, give women the vote, allow house owners to vote, set up the initial NHS (yes it wasn`t Labour). Most reforms were done by the Tories, but Labour being the Communist liars they are lie about everything.
I think you need to check up on your history, especially about the NHS, you have taken in too much tory bs
It was a LABOUR government that thought of and implemented the NHS back in 1948, and no, the tories didnt think of it, if anything they were against it (as they still are with their attempts to ruin it with their middle management policy )
BTW, tories = Facists

Tony
Old 31 October 2010, 10:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Oh I see there is more middle management wastage under a tory government i never knew that , tell me another one
Old 31 October 2010, 10:21 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Who removed the matrons and put this middle management in?
There you go atleast the matrons knew what they were doing
The Tories have never, ever been pro NHS, just imagine what life would be like if we didnt have it, no insurance, no treatment, try that when your having a heart attack......

Tony
Old 31 October 2010, 10:33 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

You mean, give women the vote, allow house owners to vote
Now im only partially going to give you that, mainly because they put the vote forward in 1928 for the reform, they didnt do anything else otherwise, the rest was championed by the Liberal Party (for like 60 years ) and we could bring the suffroget movement into this (Emily Davidson, hunger strikes, chained to railings outside 10 downing street etc), but we wont

Most reforms were done by the Tories.
The above was done under pressure to gain voters (you can look it up if you want?) but anything prior to 1928 wasnt a full reform.
We could bring the railways into this, the tories reformed that very badly, sold off anything they could (BT, BR, BA etc) and had a new word for it, "Privatisation"

Damned good of them

Tony
Old 31 October 2010, 10:38 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Tony, will you please stop letting facts get in the way of the NSR massive's beliefs that the Tories are and always have been the saviours of the UK and that Mrs Thatacher was a lovely lady who created a Utopian UK where eberything was perfect. Thanks
Old 31 October 2010, 10:42 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am not in the least impressed by all this sort of hype. As ever it is the sort of thing that politicians feel they need to do in a bid to impress us all, including all the play acting that goes with it. What is Clegg with his mobile phone brick going to prove?

I would be much more interested if they just get on with the job, we will see the results well enough. Its verging on the NL habit of making great claims about what they were going to do and how much cash they were going to allocate to a popular cause and which rarely actually happened at all!

We certainly need someone strong like Maggie to stand up to the corrupt plonkers over the water who can't wait to get full control over us and to keep taking our cash. Is there anyone like that in sight I wonder? Will we ever see a politician who is true to this country rather than just to himself?

Les
Old 31 October 2010, 10:55 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Agree with you Les, NL were not perfect, I would have loved to have seen more reforms under them, but we didnt see half what they promised though I would have loved to have seen what was written into half the contracts of the people under the tories (an example is a mate of mine who works for the council, he has a no redundancy policy in his), and im wondering how much paperwork got in the way, but we do need someone with ***** to put their foot down, work on the major issues with people who actually work in those area's rather than have a politician with an art degree working on something well out of their depth or one who has no idea what the armed forces do and cut back on manpower etc.
Those who think that the tories are saviours are in for a shock, I had a far nicer time under NL than I did under Maggie Thatcher (mainly due to the very high rate of unemployment we suffered caused by tory policies), but all politicians are the same, its very rare you find a "good un" that only has the people on their agenda.

Tony
Old 31 October 2010, 12:05 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

all this going backwards is in preperation for when they give in to the muslims and call this country BRITISTAN and bring in sharia law.. you can laugh if you want call me racist and take the p1ss but i can see it coming , perhaps not in my lifetime but i worry for my kids. certain areas of our own country are allready no go zones for white people even during daylight. having british on my passport is a insult as far as i am concerned. there is a massive gap between mps and everyone else . as none of thier decisions affect them (because everything is paid for in expences) why the flying **** do any of you think labour or conservative give a toss about the likes of us working numpties the only people they care about are themselves big buisness(most of whome dont pay tax) and the benefits brigade who vote for whoever gives them the most to sit on thier *****
Old 31 October 2010, 12:10 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
You were never around when the tories were in power then?

Tony
I was, and thats why I have what I have today.

Chip
Old 31 October 2010, 12:24 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
all this going backwards is in preperation for when they give in to the muslims and call this country BRITISTAN and bring in sharia law.. you can laugh if you want call me racist and take the p1ss but i can see it coming , perhaps not in my lifetime but i worry for my kids. certain areas of our own country are allready no go zones for white people even during daylight. having british on my passport is a insult as far as i am concerned. there is a massive gap between mps and everyone else . as none of thier decisions affect them (because everything is paid for in expences) why the flying **** do any of you think labour or conservative give a toss about the likes of us working numpties the only people they care about are themselves big buisness(most of whome dont pay tax) and the benefits brigade who vote for whoever gives them the most to sit on thier *****
Words fail me
Old 31 October 2010, 12:37 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this is the most important part( there is a massive gap between mps and everyone else ). as none of thier decisions affect them (because everything is paid for in expences) the rest ok maybe a bit ott , but ask yourself the question IF YOU WHERE RECIEVING THE MONEY THEY GET WITH NOTHING TO PAY FOR would you care about the likes of someone on 20g a year??? . think about it they dont pay for petrol food council tax private school for kids hell we even pay thier mortages for them . private health care no nhs for them , if you think about it none of the everyday things that affect/ruin our lives affect them in anyway shape or form even after work they are set for the rest of thier days . sell off second home ( paid for by us) then sit back and enjoy massive pension (also paid for by us )
Old 31 October 2010, 03:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I remember the fuss when MP's pay increased to £20 PW. They did a better job for the country then though!

Les
Old 31 October 2010, 03:18 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I remember the fuss when MP's pay increased to £20 PW. They did a better job for the country then though!

Les
Flippin eck Les, what year was that then ?

Chip

Quick Reply: Cameron reminds UK public to turn the clock back ‘30 years’ this weekend