Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Camoron - U-Turn on Europe and a apparent loss ofhis spine and memory!

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2010, 08:59 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Camoron - U-Turn on Europe and a apparent loss of his spine and memory!

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-EU-referendum

I am starting to dislike and more importantly distrust this man - he is coming across as anther lying,, spinning politician and another PM who will fail this country - and does not have it's best interests at heart.

Last edited by The Zohan; 02 November 2010 at 09:05 AM. Reason: changed to the correct link
Old 02 November 2010, 09:02 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8341577.stm

I am starting to dislike and more importantly distrust this man - he is coming across as anther lying,, spinning politician and another PM who will fail this country - and does not have it's best interests at heart.
I don't understand, that news article is from Nov 2009
Old 02 November 2010, 09:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
I don't understand, that news article is from Nov 2009
changed it - thanks

Last edited by The Zohan; 02 November 2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02 November 2010, 09:18 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

what can i say. it's in the mail/express/sun/mirror/daily sport''' so it must be true.

''' delete as appropriate
Old 02 November 2010, 09:26 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
what can i say. it's in the mail/express/sun/mirror/daily sport''' so it must be true.

''' delete as appropriate
Sublime to the ridiculous then http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010...feat-eu-budget
Old 02 November 2010, 09:28 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

what do you expect from david boomerang? lol
Old 02 November 2010, 09:33 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

He's a politician, where's the surprise?

Did you really think it was going to be any different under a different government!
Old 02 November 2010, 09:35 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by f1_fan
He's a politician, where's the surprise?

Did you really think it was going to be any different under a different government!

but he's gonna save the world, accroding to all the people that voted for him,,, lol

which of the none main parties arn't racist *****? Ukip? Greens? lol
Old 02 November 2010, 09:49 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Why are you surprised? Is he not the 'White Knight' that he said he was in the elections?

Shock horror!
Old 02 November 2010, 10:18 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I am more disappointed than anything else glad NL have gone - but was hoping not to have to say

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
Old 02 November 2010, 12:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It really is a very sorry story I think. The Lisbon treaty is not very far removed in fact from the powers that Europe would have if the countries all become federated which is of course their ambition. We have virtually reached the stage which was advocated by Monnet in 1947 where he said that Erope should increase its powers bit by bit until they can say that they might as well go the full way since there is little difference any more!

We have been conned right from the very start by politicians who lied to us about the EEC knowing full well what the final outcome was planned to be. At least Norway have seen it coming to their praise.

Both our main political parties have gone along with all this. They are basically betraying our country and the people. They deserve the utmost shame over their lies about a referendum. We should be in no doubt that if they succeed in creating a federated state they we can kiss any form of democracy goodbye. We will have no longer any control over our own lives.

It is a great relief that NL has been thrown out having done their best to destroy this country, but Cameron's lot are showing themselves to be weak and dishonest and I wonder what they are personally expecting should Europe achieve its goal.

les
Old 02 November 2010, 02:05 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...-EU-referendum

Hey Paul

I'm not exactly a big fan of the EU, but I'm surprised by the amount of anger directed at it by some. Those (who rightly) decry the lack of democratic accountablity in the EU, say very little about our domestic democratic deficit.

I'm drawn to the idea that we should be in the EU, and we should play a positive role in trying to reform the damn thing, to make it more democratic, to put a strong and consistant EU voice in world affiars. We should be leading the charge for an EU that truly reflects the aspirations of the citizens of Europe.

The problem the UK faces over the coming decades will almost certainly be dimishing relevance at a global level, the EU (if it could ever sort its act out) could be a powerful economic, and diplomatic entity, able to shape world affairs

Anyways they are my thoughts; I'm fairly sure 'all hell is about to be unleashed' in my general direction for even contemplating that EU could be a positive thing
Old 02 November 2010, 02:31 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I agree with you on each of these points. ****.

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Hey Paul

I'm not exactly a big fan of the EU, but I'm surprised by the amount of anger directed at it by some. Those (who rightly) decry the lack of democratic accountablity in the EU, say very little about our domestic democratic deficit.

I'm drawn to the idea that we should be in the EU, and we should play a positive role in trying to reform the damn thing, to make it more democratic, to put a strong and consistant EU voice in world affiars. We should be leading the charge for an EU that truly reflects the aspirations of the citizens of Europe.

The problem the UK faces over the coming decades will almost certainly be dimishing relevance at a global level, the EU (if it could ever sort its act out) could be a powerful economic, and diplomatic entity, able to shape world affairs

Anyways they are my thoughts; I'm fairly sure 'all hell is about to be unleashed' in my general direction for even contemplating that EU could be a positive thing
Old 03 November 2010, 05:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Hey Paul

How much real influence do you think this country would have with the max of 96 members allowable of the 751 seats in the Eu parliament Martin?

With the Commissioners being appointed and not voted in,and unable to balance the books after 14 years+, how much faith would you put in them Martin?

Where did the millions all go do you think?

Les
Old 03 November 2010, 06:40 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
How much real influence do you think this country would have with the max of 96 members allowable of the 751 seats in the Eu parliament Martin?

With the Commissioners being appointed and not voted in,and unable to balance the books after 14 years+, how much faith would you put in them Martin?

Where did the millions all go do you think?

Les
I agree Les, which is why I said it needs root and branch reform

The things that should bind the EU are the common aspirations of the citizens of Europe. Right now those aspirations go largely ignored.

The UK should be a force for good in the EU, our position on the EU shouldn't be about being 'in or out' it should be about 'reform or out'
Old 03 November 2010, 06:42 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Habgood IS PSL...

AICMFP
Old 04 November 2010, 01:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree Les, which is why I said it needs root and branch reform

The things that should bind the EU are the common aspirations of the citizens of Europe. Right now those aspirations go largely ignored.

The UK should be a force for good in the EU, our position on the EU shouldn't be about being 'in or out' it should be about 'reform or out'
You might be right about the aspirations of the people as you said Martin, I am not qualified to say.

I still think it would be safer from our point of view to be out of the Eu as far as federation etc. is concerned but cooperation in trade would be a good thing.

I don't ever see the sort of reform you would like to see ever happening. It would not suit the ambitions and requirements of those in control at the moment. Politicians these days seem to come from the same mould and it is not a very good one!

Les