Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Home Delivery Network (HDNL) - Useless Jokers

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2010, 11:16 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Delivery Network (HDNL) - Useless Jokers

Ordered some stuff from PlumbWorld on t'internet on Tuesday. Paid a few £ extra for express delivery. Goods to be delivered to my work address by HDNL.

This has never been a problem in the past for anyone else. Wednesday, getting late in the day and no goods, check tracking website, goods arrived at depot, goods out on van for delivery. Oh well either running late or they've had an issue, give them a days grace. Thursday, same thing. Check this morning, now just says goods at depot. How can they not have delivered it. Our reception is staffed during office hours and we get many deliveries from other place.

I need this stuff of Monday so gave plenty of time. Have now got to drive to the depot tomorrow morning to collect

I was watching Watchdog last night too and I see they got featured. Amazon and the likes should drop these clowns. They do not deserve to be in business. Once I have the goods safely in my hands I'll be seeking a refund on the delivery.

Rant ends
Old 19 November 2010, 11:43 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

They are ***** end of.

Lost some scooby door cards I sent last year. They couldnt find them in the depot. When you are talking about packages which are the size of radiators you would think they could see them

Took over two weeks to send them
Old 19 November 2010, 12:15 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Goods to be delivered to my WORK address
Maybe the clue is in the name HOME Delivery Network

Must admit never had a problem with them myself - it's a shame that they have let you down.
Old 19 November 2010, 01:33 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Have received a lot of stuff from HDNL recently, been very impressed with their service. On all occasions the company sent a text message to advise of a three hour delivery window. My items which have included, a three piece extension ladder, 4 drawer filing cabinet, books, DVD's and computer components have all been delivered without any problem.

They did advise my items would be delivered between 0900 and 2000. Maybe an attempt was made to deliver to your office outside working hours???
Old 19 November 2010, 05:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Is HDN the company which used to be Business/Home Express. I worked for them in one of the sorting warehouses for 18 months as a teenager on nights. They did all the deliveries for Littlewoods catalogues. If it was I'm nit surprised as they are awful! Everything was either broken or stolen by someone with sticky fingers before finding the poor bstard at home
Old 19 November 2010, 06:06 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes they are a crap company, heard many a horror story about them (I'm a Royal Snail driver and get customers moaning about HDNL alot!!!)

Originally Posted by hutton_d
'Oh we can't contact our drivers when they're delivering sir'. WTF??? You mean you don't issue your drivers with phones or radios? How incompetent are you?
We don't get supplied phones or radios and are the biggest delivery firm in the uk!!!

Trending Topics

Old 19 November 2010, 06:31 PM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

yes they were business/home express, before that it was white arrow, HDNL is all owned by littlewoods, which is owned by the barclay brothers who also own argos online, woolworths, very, gusco and several papers etc etc, when they took over littlewoods and most of the other catalogues out there they decided rather than pay to have there deliveries made we will just buy a delivery company. When the catalogues were busy they didnt really bother to push for other contracts but as the bottom dropped out of the catalogue thay started looking for other contracts making promises they could not keep and of course in house deliveries have priority. i worked there for 3 years on the wagons and i think in that time we have delivered for just about everybody but the contracts never last!!!! to be fair it is a good company to work for its just the people that run it, when they plan a run they allow 3 minutes to pull up knock the door, take the goods in, get it signed for and get back in wagon, thats alright if its just one box but if its a sofa etc your behind straight away, try taking a sofa and 2 chairs into a 3 floor flat in 3 minutes!!! thats why runs dont get completed. oh and yes they do all get issued with mobile phones
Old 19 November 2010, 06:33 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

worst delivery people ive ever come accross.
Old 19 November 2010, 06:38 PM
Mooburu
Scooby Regular

They are ****e, i used them two send two sets of alloys, and they lost both. I had buyers asking me everyday where they were and all i could say is the courier has lost them, i dont know if they'll turn up.

A week later they turned up and were deilvered.
Old 19 November 2010, 10:17 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blackcountryboy
yes they were business/home express, before that it was white arrow, HDNL is all owned by littlewoods, which is owned by the barclay brothers who also own argos online, woolworths, very, gusco and several papers etc etc, when they took over littlewoods and most of the other catalogues out there they decided rather than pay to have there deliveries made we will just buy a delivery company. When the catalogues were busy they didnt really bother to push for other contracts but as the bottom dropped out of the catalogue thay started looking for other contracts making promises they could not keep and of course in house deliveries have priority. i worked there for 3 years on the wagons and i think in that time we have delivered for just about everybody but the contracts never last!!!! to be fair it is a good company to work for its just the people that run it, when they plan a run they allow 3 minutes to pull up knock the door, take the goods in, get it signed for and get back in wagon, thats alright if its just one box but if its a sofa etc your behind straight away, try taking a sofa and 2 chairs into a 3 floor flat in 3 minutes!!! thats why runs dont get completed. oh and yes they do all get issued with mobile phones
Yep, sounds like the bunch

I worked in the Scunny depot which did upto Hull, across to Doncaster, down to Lincoln and several PE parts of Notts. It was not uncommon for stuff to get broken when being handballed off an artic, or smashed when being thrown into the relevant sorting bays. when you are doing 13-14 hour night shifts around xmas time and sorting upto 20,000 parcels a night between 10-15 of you, you kinda give up on doing things tidily and just want to get the job done. I'm suprised more people don't complain, saying that I was made redundant due to supposed "over staffing" on Xmas eve 2003

Place had a high turn around of night staff, usually 30-50% of (mainly) agency staff a week

Those were the days - £5 p/h for working nights 70 hours a week
Old 20 November 2010, 12:02 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Interesting to read this as I just watched a recording of BBCs Watchdog program (Transmitted on Thursday 18th November) where other people have complained about this firm.
Old 22 November 2010, 10:06 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

It got worse before it got better......

So I rang them (call centre) on Friday, said where's my stuff, they claim they'd made several attempts to deliver but there was no access to the offices. Our reception is staffed from around 8am to 6pm so find that difficult to believe. Anyway said I'd collect from the depot Saturday morning as it was needed urgently, it's a tap for our kitchen sink which the firm coming this morning to template the granite worktops need to see to ensure the right size hole was cut in it.

At this stage it was showing the package to be in the depot so I thought there it would now stay until I go to pick it up. But no, checked again later to see it was out for delivery Now I finish early on a Friday and thought knowing my luck it will be delivered after I've left, waited a bit later than usual but then decided to go home.

Checked again Saturday morning, back at depot, great will go and get it.

Get to the depot, loads of people collecting undelivered stuff, tiny reception area. Finally get seen to, give them the consignment number and explain I've arranged to collect, lot of talk with a colleague, then they think it's gone out again in the van for delivery I was ready to explode at that point. Bit more running around, turns out the van driver hadn't quite left and they'd found my package. So left happy in the end but what a palaver. It shouldn't be so difficult

Last edited by Coffin Dodger; 22 November 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 22 November 2010, 10:25 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Sold some MG sideskirts and arranged for a pickup via Parcel2GO.

HDNL were appointed the chaps to pick them up from my work address, i have had a bad experience with them before when they arrived in our communal car park at home, i watched the bloke look around, and then drive off i had bought an Argos computer chair so i was expecting an Argos van at the time, never realised what had happened till i complained to Argos, anyway the following day after booking the collection at work, i am having a bit of a tidy up in the office and i take the bin outside to dump its contents in the skip down by the self service vaccums, as i am walking to the skip the HDNL van turns up on site, i empty the bin and walk back to the office to get the side skirts, the van driver never even bothers to get out his van, by the time i have walked to the office and picked up the skirts, the ****ing eejit has drove away, wtf??

I email Parcel2Go instantly, they turn out to be ****ing useless, taking 48 hours to get back to me with a "sorry we have rearranged the pickup for tomorrow"

The next pick up never turned up at all, neither did the next one

It took them ****ing 11 days to pick the thing up, my customer wanted his money back as he thought i was ripping him off, i had to calm him down and bundle some freebie air fresheners in with the skirts to sweeten him up.

It was a great relief when i could give him a tracking number, although it took them another 5 days to deliver it, as they could not find his address, mainly because they sent it to the wrong ****ing depot

I asked Parcel2Go for a partial refund to pass on the customer, this apparent 3 day service was utterly shocking, the best they could do was give me 10quid credit on a Parcel2Go account, which was a bit rubbish when i have no intentions of using HDNL or Parcel2Go ever again.
Old 22 November 2010, 01:06 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

I have an account with Hdnl and don't really get any problems unless:

You have changed your house number to a name "because it looks nicer"

You are never at home

You live in a scab estate/dump/Bronx etc

You have no number or name sign on your house that's visible (because either "everyone knows where you live!" , "you don't want anyone to know were you live and that's how you like it" or the postman knows you.

You book a new delivery date and you go out for "just 5 minutes"

The company that is using Hdnl are trying to use them to transport something that is unsuitable for there network (bumpers,sideskirts alloy wheels etc) they are suited to small boxes courier packs etc

That just about covers all the reasons I know of why are parcel is "late" with Hdnl. Most of the drivers are very good our one does 150 drops a day and often goes back with no parcels as he will visit the same address 2 or 3 times a day to get rid of all of them.
Old 22 November 2010, 02:07 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!

You are never at home

You have no number or name sign on your house that's visible (because either "everyone knows where you live!" , "you don't want anyone to know were you live and that's how you like it" or the postman knows you.

The company that is using Hdnl are trying to use them to transport something that is unsuitable for there network (bumpers,sideskirts alloy wheels etc) they are suited to small boxes courier packs etc

That just about covers all the reasons I know of why are parcel is "late" with Hdnl. Most of the drivers are very good our one does 150 drops a day and often goes back with no parcels as he will visit the same address 2 or 3 times a day to get rid of all of them.
None of that applys to my case at all, our address is ARC Car Wash, no number, no name change, it has been this way for ever and is listed on every single "system" i have ever checked it on, we have a massive advertising pylon sign by the roadside akin to something you see at a petrol station, it is impossible to miss and none of the other regular courier company's seam to have any trouble with it.

I was personally in all day for starters, and i was outside at the time when the lazy POS driver arrived on site, customers were hoovering cars and nothing can be excused for the driver at all, when i checked the apparent tracking number and it told me the package was now in the depot for processing? yet it was still in my ****ing office.

The customers address was also his work address, i can not speak for any name changes regarding his side of the deal, but i found it easy enough on google earth

They are incompetent numptys, i would not be surprised if the driver/depot messed something up, and had to physically arrive on our site to try and cover up a mistake, maybe they use gps tracking ? it would explain why he arrived, then buggered off without even getting out his van.

Crappiest service ever.
Old 22 November 2010, 04:58 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Yes there scanners do have geo location on them, like a poor man's set nav! But they do the job of tracking down mist lieing drivers,
Old 22 November 2010, 05:20 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Nope, for starters it's a building on an industrial estate

You are never at home
Reception is manned during normal office hours (and usually a bit either side).

Why should that make a difference

There a big sign at the entrance with a big arrow showing where to go. The building has a massive sign on it

As above it's a work building with reception, buzzer hooked into the phone system, etc. All other couriers seem to manage

If that is the case surely HDNL should impose size limits on the packages and therefore not take such items?

My delivery was a kitchen tap so not massive.

So the feature on Watchdog was made up then, those complaining about HDNL were merely actors

My delivery met all the criteria you listed above yet they still fcuked up and worse still nearly fcuked up my arrangements to collect it.

Last edited by Coffin Dodger; 22 November 2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 22 November 2010, 05:35 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Ordered some stuff from Dabs, which they kindly upgraded to next day delivery.

Nothing turned up two working days later, although the package was at the depot according the website.

Five working days (one week) later, after chasing Dabs, it's still at the depot.

Chase up Dabs the next day, and apparently delivery was scheduled for that day.

Chase up the following day after no delivery, and apparently they have attempted delivery and left a card.... no card!

Chase up the following day, demanding a refund, apprently the driver said he couldn't find the house, and went back to the depot. Strange the address was for a main road, for a house that's been there since the 1950's, on a road adopted by the council (so on the Royal Mail website) and postcode on TomTom!!

Complete shambles, which has meant I will no longer use Dabs!
Old 24 November 2010, 03:21 PM
p2g_qc
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by StickyMicky

HDNL were appointed the chaps to pick them up from my work address, i have had a bad experience with them before when they arrived in our communal car park at home, i watched the bloke look around, and then drive off i had bought an Argos computer chair so i was expecting an Argos van at the time, never realised what had happened till i complained to Argos, anyway the following day after booking the collection at work, i am having a bit of a tidy up in the office and i take the bin outside to dump its contents in the skip down by the self service vaccums, as i am walking to the skip the HDNL van turns up on site, i empty the bin and walk back to the office to get the side skirts, the van driver never even bothers to get out his van, by the time i have walked to the office and picked up the skirts, the ****ing eejit has drove away, wtf??

I email Parcel2Go instantly, they turn out to be ****ing useless, taking 48 hours to get back to me with a "sorry we have rearranged the pickup for tomorrow"

The next pick up never turned up at all, neither did the next one

It took them ****ing 11 days to pick the thing up, my customer wanted his money back as he thought i was ripping him off, i had to calm him down and bundle some freebie air fresheners in with the skirts to sweeten him up.

It was a great relief when i could give him a tracking number, although it took them another 5 days to deliver it, as they could not find his address, mainly because they sent it to the wrong ****ing depot

I asked Parcel2Go for a partial refund to pass on the customer, this apparent 3 day service was utterly shocking, the best they could do was give me 10quid credit on a Parcel2Go account, which was a bit rubbish when i have no intentions of using HDNL or Parcel2Go ever again.
Hi,

Firstly please accept my apologies for the bad experience you have encountered with Parcel2go.com, I can assure you this is not a normal practice with us.

In order for me to look into this further can I ask that you forward me the P2G number to my email address g.iveson@parcel2go.com and I promise I will look into this for you.

Kindest Regards
George Iveson
Quality Controller
Parcel2go.com
Old 24 November 2010, 03:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p2g_qc
Hi,

Firstly please accept my apologies for the bad experience you have encountered with Parcel2go.com, I can assure you this is not a normal practice with us.

In order for me to look into this further can I ask that you forward me the P2G number to my email address g.iveson@parcel2go.com and I promise I will look into this for you.

Kindest Regards
George Iveson
Quality Controller
Parcel2go.com

Bloody hell, is this the norm for big companies now? Find a thread on a random car forum and offer assistance then

I wonder if Virgin Media and British Gas would do this. Oh wait, do you get Scoobynet in India
Old 24 November 2010, 03:42 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Surprising what Google turns up on here sometimes, e.g. Google something like "I've had a headache for a week should I be concerned" and you find the fifth or sixth link is to a SNet thread

On a related note, wrote a rant email to PlumbWorld about how sh*t HDNL were and got my shipping costs refunded so hats off to them for looking after there customers Hopefully they will take note of the complaints and use a different courier.
Old 24 November 2010, 03:55 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah P2G, my favourites

If I send a parcel via PF Euro 48 and it arrives late then I can claim a partial refund from them.
However, using RM Euro 48 through P2G and the refund part of the "service" disappears. The excuse I was given was that it isn't a PF service but a P2G service

If the reason for P2G services are cheaper is due to getting an inferior service the I have learnt a lesson and won't be using them again.

are you listening Mr P2G?
Old 24 November 2010, 03:58 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by p2g_qc
Hi,

Kindest Regards
George Iveson
Quality Controller
Parcel2go.com
Hi, what exactly are you going to "investigate" ?
Its has apparently been investigated already, although i have deleted the email correspondence as it was a waste of time.

Here is your tracking page
https://www.parcel2go.com/hdn-parcel-tracking.aspx
Here is your tracking number
80T304390225A025

Put the two together to see the supposed collection request on the 11th, and the actual delivery date on the 28th ?
Old 24 November 2010, 04:02 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

PS. good luck sorting through that cluster****, it hurts my eyes just trying to make sense of the tracking page.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:21 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Most of the drivers are very good our one does 150 drops a day and often goes back with no parcels as he will visit the same address 2 or 3 times a day to get rid of all of them.
Aye right, and he's ******** Kate Middleton on his lunch break.

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
You've got my number I think Micky, you should have just asked me.
Old 27 November 2010, 11:22 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

How is the investigation doing?

Or do i have to email you the thread George Iveson?

Seams a little bizarre to register just to reply once, and then disappear!
Old 27 November 2010, 11:40 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

****s sake. I have just ordered some snow chains and they are being delivered by HDNL. Sounds like I might get them in time for August.
Old 28 November 2010, 11:01 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

^ I take that back, 10.45 on a sunday morning and they have just arrived! Never known anything like it!
Old 28 November 2010, 02:49 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Hdnl are the best :–)

Quick Reply: Home Delivery Network (HDNL) - Useless Jokers