Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Garage mistake and now threats of violence

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2010, 05:43 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage mistake and now threats of violence

Basically 18 months ago my dad's Audi A6 2.5 V6 tdi started producing loads of white smoke. He takes it to the garage and the come back to say head gaskets are knackered.
He says ok well get it fixed. He buys all the parts required and pays to get the heads skimmed once they are removed.
They put the car back together and it's exactly the same.

He says they must have messed up and takes the car to another garage who discover a blocked breather costing £12 fixes the problem

The garage who have changed the head gasket admit they just presumed it was the head gasket and didn't carry out any tests

He has told the garage that changed the head gasket they are not getting a penny as he paid £900 for getting the heads skimmed all the other stuff required and it didn't even need done.
This was about 2 years ago and since this a guy who is mates with the person who owns the garage. Has threatened my dad with a beating unless he pays for the labour. On one of these occasions he was so aggressive he had my 14 year old sister who was in the car with my dad in tears.

Up untill 2 months ago this plick had never said anything to me ( I live in a small town of 2k people). He approached me in the pub and says my dad owes his mate money. I state he doesn't and he takes me outside to allegidly give me a beating. Basically tell him it's not my problem. He says it is and it was left at that.

Last Sunday i am going down to my parents for my tea so myself and my dad go out for a pint and to watch the football first. We go into the pub and this guy who has been throwing threats about is there. We ignore him and go to the other end of the bar.
Within 2 minutes hes at my dad saying he owes his mate money bla bla. It all gets a bit heated as my dad just denies and denies. It ends up where the pub is in silence apart from this ***** threataning my dad and the bar staff telling everybody to calm down. This guy is threataning to beat my dads head in so strangely i tell my dad is due him nothing. We basically end up in the street with the guy still saying he is going to batter us both.
This guy obviously realises he is likely to get his beat in if he starts anything so we just walk off.
This guy who keeps throwing threats about is the local scrap man who goes about stealing most of it. He is fairly renound for being a hard man. The simple way would be beat is head in but he is the kind of guy who would never forget. Plus I not that kind of person and knowing my luck would end up with a criminal record because of it.

It's at the stage now I can't go into my local now as he is just going to start ****e which im not intrested in as I am the kind of person who keeps himself to himself.

Basically where does my dad stand with the garage who did the work?

And what can we do about him?
The police would be the obvious option but I recon they won't be able to do anything and it will probably not bother this guy as he has done time before
Old 24 November 2010, 05:57 PM
scooblee
Scooby Regular

Sounds like he's all mouth as if he was going to do something he would have done it, personally, I have a few mates that like nothing more than dealing with idiots like this and would have just let him know that if anything did happen I would be paying him a visit in return.
As for the work on the car I don't know where you stand, someone else might have a better idea, if they diagnosed it wrong and carried out the work for the sake of a £12 hose I wouldn't be happy, maybe an idea to try to negotiate with the garage guy if that's a possibility and strike a better agreement.
Can't be nice not feeling safe in your own local or even the village and if they know where you live living in fear that they could damage your car or property, doubt the police would be much help with this.
Old 24 November 2010, 05:59 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Police.... He can't go doing that
Old 24 November 2010, 06:10 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Mate one word, DAD , hes your fkin dad for gods sake, if it was my dad i would kick the ffffffffing **** out of this so called hard man every time i saw him until he got the message, grow up and look out for your family dude , i would die for mine
Old 24 November 2010, 06:16 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Tell him to wind his fat neck in as otherwise you'll round up some of Scoobynet's hardest keyboard warriors and they'll (virtually) beat seven bales of ****e out of him
Old 24 November 2010, 06:18 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i love people like this. i feel a early morning wake up call is duejust to reminding people how vulnerable they are if they wont to do sh*t like is.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:19 PM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

What you should do I shouldn't post on a forum, but it is great to see the hunter becoming the hunted

Trending Topics

Old 24 November 2010, 06:20 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As above, sounds like he is a mouthpiece. If he was any sort of man he'd do something instead of throwing threats about like a wee girl. Get the police involved, and remember that you are the one with the rights here. You have the right to protect yourself against people like this. It's not fighting, it's just self defence. You're doing the right thing by just staying away from the pub... Doesn't make you a coward - there's no point trying to be a hero - you're just doing the sensible thing by avoiding trouble. Just read the end actually about him being the local scrappy... Just make sure you make the police aware of the situation. Other than that just make sure you can defend yourself if you're about town. I used to keep my wheel key in the side pocket of my door when I was getting trouble. Sounds stupid, but he does try something then there isn't any other option but to defend yourself. Trying to avoid anything like that should be your first priority though.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:20 PM
my94wrx
Scooby Regular

as above, if he was going to do anything he would have already at the end of the day, you dad owes the mouthy gob ****e nothing and needs to attempt to sort it out between himself and the garage owner, and in the mean time tell the pikey to **** off.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:24 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Tell him to wind his fat neck in as otherwise you'll round up some of Scoobynet's hardest keyboard warriors and they'll (virtually) beat seven bales of ****e out of him
Literally nearly wee'd a tiny bit
Old 24 November 2010, 06:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goad him into giving you a slap with loads of witnesses (the pub ?), go down like a sack of spuds, do a bit of jigging about, foam at the mouth etc, he gets arrested and goes to court, possibly jail.

The reality of hitting someone isnt like in the films, it isnt generally over and done with just a slap.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:30 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

It just realy annoys me that I should have to stay out of this ****** way even when I haven't done anything. It's not my place to phone the Police realy it's more my dads. Back offshore in the morning so 2 weeks knowing I have no ****e to deal with
Old 24 November 2010, 06:34 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
like it

it tickles me how many people get clever on here and other forums thinking they are hard as ****, i have had a few on here getting funny , i have not been to ant meets yet but all being well i will be at the worksop meet on sunday and i hope i drop on one of these keyboard warriors as im 6ft4 and 19 stone of pure barnsley bitter, lol
will be funny to watch there face go white when they relise who i am, lol
Old 24 November 2010, 06:39 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

He is harrassing you and your father. My understanding with the police is that you tell the police its going on and they will record it - they may insist on talking to the guy but I don't think they have to.

The moment the guy harrasses you again, he will be arrested on the spot without quibble from the cops. Had a mouthy neighbour until we spooked her with the cops.

The vigilante stuff sounds all very well sat at a keyboard irrespective of how hard folk believe they are but that will really only escalate matters. Getting cops involved too might do the same thing but its the right thing to do rather than counter-threats which you may have to back up with untasteful action.
Old 24 November 2010, 06:50 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ciaran
It just realy annoys me that I should have to stay out of this ****** way even when I haven't done anything. It's not my place to phone the Police realy it's more my dads. Back offshore in the morning so 2 weeks knowing I have no ****e to deal with
I'm sure all will be fine mate. Not nice though... I know from experience. Just mind your own business and get on with things - as far as you're concerned this guy doesn't exist. If he continues harrassing you then get the police involved. But don't even engage with him and tell your dad not to either. As I said above though, if he does attack you don't feel bad about putting him down with anything you can get your hands on at the time. Once you get used to it, it will be like water off a duck's back and you'll be more confident if you just keep with the mindset of him not existing unless he tries something, in which case you have the right to stop him. It's only a confidence game at the end of the day, and I can guarantee he wouldn't do this if you weren't scared in the slightest. Easier said than done though!
Old 24 November 2010, 06:51 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Unless you plan to take matters into your own hands (not recommended!) then I would suggest Police straight away.
Old 24 November 2010, 07:00 PM
Ciaran
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I'm sure all will be fine mate. Not nice though... I know from experience. Just mind your own business and get on with things - as far as you're concerned this guy doesn't exist. If he continues harrassing you then get the police involved. But don't even engage with him and tell your dad not to either. As I said above though, if he does attack you don't feel bad about putting him down with anything you can get your hands on at the time. Once you get used to it, it will be like water off a duck's back and you'll be more confident if you just keep with the mindset of him not existing unless he tries something, in which case you have the right to stop him. It's only a confidence game at the end of the day, and I can guarantee he wouldn't do this if you weren't scared in the slightest. Easier said than done though!
I never denied I was scared. Infact I will admit it I don't like fighting and am no hard man and know it i just want to get through life with as little hassle as possible. He is obviously playing on that and it probably is a confidence thing. I have a maglight i keep under the passanger seat incase I ever need it should the car break down
Old 24 November 2010, 07:07 PM
Richie856
Scooby Regular

From what you've described mate, he could've been arrested a few times already.
Your dad and sister (if she's a mature 'child') and you and your dad could've given statements. That's all you need. One witness with corroboration.
Actually...I'm talking Scots Law...think you might have it easier down south?
He gets the jail...anything happens after that, before the case goes to court, then it can be an aggravation against him etc.

He's a ****.
Old 24 November 2010, 07:14 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Reading the first post again it does seem like he is just playing on it now. If he had the chance outside the pub then why didn't he do something? And why would he be willing to do time for his pal over something so trivial? I reckon it will pass. Quite a proportion of what he's doing will just be the macho bullsh*t to boost his ego around the locals. Probably come to nothing, but take care anyway.
Old 24 November 2010, 07:20 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

The bloke is harrassing you and your Dad. I am sure that is against the law.
Get the Police involved, pronto
Old 24 November 2010, 07:28 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Go to the Police.
Old 24 November 2010, 07:42 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Firstly I would find out if your dad is legally obliged to pay anything, if he's not get it in writing.
Old 24 November 2010, 08:14 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

plod is the correct way forward but if you want to go to said pub and he is there just buy a double drambue and place it in front of you on bar then place a box of matches next to the drink , the drink your pint if he has half a brain he will get the message intended
Old 24 November 2010, 08:38 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Get someone to film you on their phone as you appear to be scared and worried about what this person is saying to you, under your breath call him a tosser so he will attack you then do absolutely nothing to retaliate as it will go against you for criminal injuries. All you should have on film is you trying to avoid a fight and then someone attacking you Sit back and wait for the ££'s to roll in from a claim and an ABH charge for him
Old 24 November 2010, 08:48 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
plod is the correct way forward but if you want to go to said pub and he is there just buy a double drambue and place it in front of you on bar then place a box of matches next to the drink , the drink your pint if he has half a brain he will get the message intended

i dont get it lol ??
Old 24 November 2010, 09:07 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
I thought I was reading a Guy Ritchie script for a
moment.
Old 24 November 2010, 09:58 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by addi monster
like it

it tickles me how many people get clever on here and other forums thinking they are hard as ****, i have had a few on here getting funny , i have not been to ant meets yet but all being well i will be at the worksop meet on sunday and i hope i drop on one of these keyboard warriors as im 6ft4 and 19 stone of pure barnsley bitter, lol
Why would their faces go White? What are you going to do to them like? Are you insinuating that you would retaliate to some Internet character with physical violence or intimidation? If so that just makes you as bad as the guy threatening the o.p. in this thread. My understanding is real 'hard folk' don't need to go around boasting this and that or say stuff like I've quoted to make themselves known.

Apologies but it's a bit sad really Also it's not all about size, being a strapping 6"4 and 19 stone means there would be more of you to fall over if someone retaliated towards you (in a hypothetical situation).
Old 24 November 2010, 10:18 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by addi monster
like it

Cunt!! Say no more!!
Old 24 November 2010, 10:41 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Two choices!

1) go to the police!

2) knock him out / get him knocked out!
Old 24 November 2010, 10:52 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
Cunt!! Say no more!!
i didn't think you could say **** on here.

Quick Reply: Garage mistake and now threats of violence