Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

British pensioner v Illegal immigrants

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2010, 02:38 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default British pensioner v Illegal immigrants

This was sent to me, I'm not sure if these are true facts or not, but unfortunately I'm inclined to take them at face value, knowing what a soft touch we are to the rest of the world.

So ‘ Pathetically’ True, this could only be in the UK …

We're "broke" and can't help our own Pensioners, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc !!!

Are you aware of the following?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:

Benifit Payments to:

A. BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER

B. ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS / REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN

And gives the following Weekly allowances

For A. £100

For B. £250

Weekly Spouse allowance

For A. £25

For B. £225

Additional weekly hardship allowance

For A. £0.00

For B. £100

TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT

For A. £6,000

For B. £29,900
Old 15 December 2010, 02:49 PM
pinkypurkhardt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** ME b. is on more than me lol
Old 15 December 2010, 02:53 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well which is it illegal or refugee ?
Old 15 December 2010, 02:54 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

and what the hell is 'an allowance' ?
Old 15 December 2010, 02:56 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Sounds about right. They are also give priority over housing too.
Old 15 December 2010, 02:59 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

All this hard pressed British pensioner bollox.

If you rely on the state when you get to pensionable age chances are you've been a fooking soap dodging sponger all your life.

Tough ****
Old 15 December 2010, 03:00 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Sorry NSR peeps, but I'd like to see non-Daily Mail sources for those figures.

Steve
Old 15 December 2010, 03:11 PM
stephen_942
Scooby Regular

B is on about the same as me and i go away and fight for the country. While they sit at home. Also when im away fighting im paying taxes to gie to them. I think change of job needed.
Old 15 December 2010, 03:30 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey

If you rely on the state when you get to pensionable age chances are you've been a fooking soap dodging sponger all your life.

Tough ****

What a load of ****.

So you agree some immigrant who has never contributed a f,ing penny in taxes towards the running of this country in his/her life should get about five times the ammount of money from the government over someone who has worked here their whole life and paid taxes their whole working life?

Old 15 December 2010, 03:34 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
What a load of ****.

So you agree some immigrant who has never contributed a f,ing penny in taxes towards the running of this country in his/her life should get about five times the ammount of money from the government over someone who has worked here their whole life and paid taxes their whole working life?

I believe the original post to be complete bollox and that most "hard working pensioners" don't rely on the state - the ones I always see bitching about stuff are, as I said, soap dodging scroungers in the first place - expecting me to keep them in 40 **** a day until they die !
Old 15 December 2010, 03:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Tough ****
No not at all the case* - unless you have good & reliable figures to back this up of course - are 20-30% of the population unemployed/lifestyle scroungers and slackers?!*?

* http://www.claimsfinancial.co.uk/con...e-pension.aspx

However i do find it a little unfair to just keep rewarding (some) people who haven't worked or contributed towards even a state pension...that includes british born and immigrants!

Last edited by The Zohan; 15 December 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 15 December 2010, 03:42 PM
stephen_942
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
No not at all the case* - unless you have good & reliable figures to back this up of course then let's see them

* http://www.claimsfinancial.co.uk/con...e-pension.aspx

However i do find it a little unfair to just keep rewarding (some) people who haven't worked or contributed towards even a state pension...that includes british born and immigrants!
I agree. I get a good pension and retire at 40 so i wont need the state but looking at the figures is it worth it anyway. hardly put fuel in my car. Feel sorry for the people who have worked and now get a state pension.
Old 15 December 2010, 03:56 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

No not at all the case* - unless you have good & reliable figures to back this up of course - are 20-30% of the population unemployed/lifestyle scroungers and slackers?!*?
Yes

The employment rate for those aged from 16 to 64 for the three months to October 2010 was 70.6 per cent,

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=12

This cnutry is going down the pan because it's full of shirkers !
Old 15 December 2010, 04:04 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't agree more.

I remember being made redundant about 10 years ago.
Company went into adminstration - no money to pay redundancy etc, unpaid expenses for many of us which were substancial.

I distinctly remember being made feel like a second class citizen trying to get dole money to pay my mortgage, feed my family etc.

I really cannot understand how immigrants get hand outs left right and centre - really pisses me off
B@stards!
Old 15 December 2010, 04:06 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Yes

The employment rate for those aged from 16 to 64 for the three months to October 2010 was 70.6 per cent,

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/CCI/nugget.asp?ID=12

This cnutry is going down the pan because it's full of shirkers !
I sort of agree -i do hope this government will put the work-shy career skivers to work along with stopping immigration (EU and non-EU) of low and non skilled workers to do jobs our lazy work-shy can do themselves!

also if we have 1m illegal immigrants - what exactly what will happen to them when they reach an age where they cannot work and get ill/infirm and need to use more NHS resources - i do doubt they will be going 'home' and yet they do not contribute to the system(s)
Old 15 December 2010, 04:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve vRS
Sorry NSR peeps, but I'd like to see non-Daily Mail sources for those figures.

Steve
Youlll be lucky - weve got the editor and his understudy in permanent residence aka Rob and Paul

Old 15 December 2010, 04:38 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Youlll be lucky - weve got the editor and his understudy in permanent residence aka Rob and Paul

Shouldn't that be 'understudies' then?

several year(s) ago (2008/9?) the Government at the time believed 750,000 illegals where in the country so unless they have been boarding lorries in Dover and heading back to mainland Europe or back to the sh*tholes they came from then the number likely to me more wouldn't you agree?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/th...00/8034375.stm

This also doesn't factor in children born to illegals in this country of course nor those who will not give their nationality/home country to be deported to, so, they get to be British because they lie cheat and defeat the system and are 'rewarded' for deception and breaking the law by then being allowed to become British

Just the sort of people this country needs

Last edited by The Zohan; 15 December 2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 15 December 2010, 05:16 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

As someone who cannot afford to buy a house on minimum wage( £5.93phr,working class),why should I give a sh*t if I lose my job working for a company that has made record profits during a "recession"????Society DOES NOT give a sh*T about me.SO, SOCIETY GETS EVERYTHING IT DESERVES......
rhetorical question BTW..
Old 15 December 2010, 05:23 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

OH

An Anonymous one
Old 15 December 2010, 05:40 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I have no idea how true the OP's post is, but this stupid biatch has come out with a right chestnut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-comment.html

My tax going to support families in other Countries. It gets worse!!
Old 15 December 2010, 05:54 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
I have no idea how true the OP's post is, but this stupid biatch has come out with a right chestnut

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...s-comment.html

My tax going to support families in other Countries. It gets worse!!
Harman is a fecking prize idiot and represents all that is wrong with NL and its thinking!

Thank god she comes out with this sort of thing just to remind voters how unelectable and idiotic NL really are - even with millibland in charge!

So money handed out to immigrants is then not put back into the local communities - madness imho.

And also madness that 'they' have spare benefits to send 'home' and there lies the crux the UK is not home or never will be just somewhere soft and easy to exploit.
Old 15 December 2010, 05:58 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Harman.............if ever there were a woman I'd like to see killed, she is it.
Old 15 December 2010, 05:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Harman.............if ever there were a woman I'd like to see killed, she is it.
+1
Old 15 December 2010, 07:20 PM
--------
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
What a load of ****.

So wot are YOU gonna do about it??? Yeah, NOTHIN, as usual.Join the rest of society then. moan,moan,moan, do nothin moan,moan
Old 15 December 2010, 07:49 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Members may be contacted by constituents complaining that “illegal immigrants/refugees” in Britain receive significantly more financial assistance from the Government than UK pensioners, citing an email.
The email alleges that “if you cross the British border illegally you get a job, a driver’s license, pension card, welfare, credit cards, subsidised rent or a loan to buy a house, free education and free healthcare.” It also suggests that “illegal immigrants/refugees living in Britain” are entitled to financial assistance worth up to £29,900 per year, in contrast to pensioners who, it says, receive only £6,000 a year in benefit.
The email contains text from a protest email which has been circulating in Australia for some time now, but which may have originated in Canada. Versions also circulate in the United States, and elements even appear in protest emails as far afield as India. The UK version has been adapted, somewhat crudely, for a domestic audience by someone or some organisation unknown. The figures quoted bear no relation whatsoever to the situation in the United Kingdom.
As long ago as October 2007 the Refugee Council of Australia advised Australians to ignore an almost identical email to the one now circulating in the UK, describing it as “blatantly inaccurate and intended to create resentment towards refugees and fuel disharmony.” The Australian Department for Immigration and Citizenship has also attempted on more than one occasion to refute the claims in the email, but it continues to circulate, in various guises, and receives regular attention on talk-back radio shows and internet discussion forums.
This note gives details of the email, and looks at its origins. It also gives information on actual entitlements for immigrants and pensioners in the United Kingdom.
Old 15 December 2010, 07:55 PM
supa
Scooby Regular

Not sure about those figures quoted above,

I suppose we could ask wikileaks to provide better inside information..
Old 15 December 2010, 08:14 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Which are ....... ?

Dave

Actual entitlements for people from abroad and UK pensioners
“Illegal immigrants” are people who have entered the UK unlawfully, or who have stayed here for longer than they were allowed without making another application. They do not have the right to work. Since they are in the UK without legal status, they are liable to be removed if they come to the attention of immigration authorities.
People who require leave to enter or remain in the UK, but who do not have it, are ‘persons subject to immigration control’ within the meaning of section 115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 and as such are not eligible for social security benefits, except those which depend on National Insurance contributions, such as contribution-based JSA. However, it is highly unlikely that a person in the UK without legal status will have a sufficient NI contribution record to gain entitlement to contributory benefits.
“Refugees” – i.e. asylum seekers whose application for asylum has been successful – are able to claim social security benefits and tax credits on the same basis as UK nationals, but may find it difficult to gain entitlement to contributory benefits since these depend upon the person having a sufficient contribution record.
The figures in the final column of the table in the email bear no relation to any UK out-of-work benefit rates. The current rate of income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, for example, is £65.45 a week for a single person aged 25 or over, or £102.75 for a couple. People in receipt of out-of-work benefits may also receive Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit, but the table does not mention assistance with housing costs.
Asylum seekers – i.e. persons waiting for a decision on an asylum application - are not entitled to mainstream non-contributory social security benefits including income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support and Housing Benefit. Instead, they may be eligible for accommodation and/or financial support from the UK Border Agency.
Cash support for asylum seekers is less generous than social security benefits; for example, a single person aged 18 or over currently receives £35.52 a week and a couple £70.34 a week.
Further information on entitlement to benefits for people coming to the UK from abroad can be found in Library Research Paper 08/65, Impacts of Immigration.
The full Category A Retirement Pension is currently £97.65 a week. Pensioners whose total income – including their Retirement Pension – is less than the Pension Credit Guarantee Credit may be able to get their income ‘topped-up’ to that level. The Pension Credit Guarantee Credit for a single pensioner is £132.60 a week, and £202.40 for a couple, butfurther additions may be payable for disability and/or carers.
source is the house of commons so could be complete bollox though.
http://www.parliament.uk/briefingpap...snsp-05621.pdf

Last edited by kingofturds; 15 December 2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 15 December 2010, 10:35 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Tough ****

+1

These arguments are about who should get handouts, who should get housing etc. In other words it's all about WHO should have their life funded by my tax money because they haven't bothered to make provision for themselves. The answer is simples.....NONE OF THEM

Last edited by Dingdongler; 15 December 2010 at 10:38 PM.

Quick Reply: British pensioner v Illegal immigrants