Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Quick quiz...

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2011, 10:36 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick quiz...

You have fifteen minutes. You must list fifteen fictional characters (television, films, plays, books) who've influenced you, why they have influenced you and who will always stick with you.

List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Go!
astraboy.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:39 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That'll take me more than 15mins to type.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:42 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
You have fifteen minutes. You must list fifteen fictional characters (television, films, plays, books) who've influenced you, why they have influenced you and who will always stick with you.

List the first fifteen you can recall in no more than fifteen minutes. Go!
astraboy.
That will take too long.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:43 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Pussies. here's mine!
The Stig. There is a certain simplicity to his character that I admire. There is no ambiguity, he simply exists to get from point to point in the least time possible.

Tron. Another in the same vein, as the previous, no demands, no negotiation, just retribution. When Tron gets vexed, you better be on his side.

Dave Lister, An all too probable candidate for the last surviving member of the human race, a complete slob with questionable personal hygiene

Leeroy Jenkins, What do you do when you're faced with certain death in the face of overwhelming odds? Draw your weapons, scream your own name, then tear off down the corridor towards it.

Gene Hunt, Nuff said 8)

Patrick Bateman, Suave, sophisticated, charming, but hatstand insane and brutal axe murderer to boot. Amazing!

Ash williams from the Evil Dead series. sarcastic, working class and utterly out of his depth, but it's okay, cos he's got a shotgun

Optimus prime, Decisive, charismatic and compassionate, he is The greatest Autobot of them all. End of chat.

Tank Girl, proof that sexy and tomboy can go into one, her best friend is a tank and she has a kangaroo for a boyfriend. Still would though.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw, hyperintelligent, yet slighty mentally unbalanced culture drone from Iain M Banks universe. Former special circumstances, so he's fully militarised. Fields, knife missiles, nano missiles, CREW, and effectors in the place.

GERTY from the film Moon, Very simplistic and all the more loveable for it. All he wants to do is help his human counterpart.

ORAC from Blakes 7, Possibly the only robot who has a similar disposition to the human race as cats do. Look down on them, treat them with distain.

Hit Girl, I was halfway writing why I liked Leon from the film of the same name, then i remembered hit girl, so decided to change it. Hit girl has more character anyways.

Q, From star trek, the next generation, the mixture between omnipotence and infantile in the personality is quite engaging.

Glen Quagmire from family guy. Youtube him, he a posterchild for swordsmen across the globe. And that's why I like him.

Done!
astraboy.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:48 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

A high number of sci-fi characters there.

You should be Astro-boy.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:55 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

La Nettoyer - appeared in various guises played by various poeple - Nikita, The Assassin, Pulp Fiction - brilliant, emotionless, effective.

Don Corleone Jr - awesome performance by Pacino - smart, grasping, human

Don Corleone Sr - awesome performances by De Niro/Brando

Det Frank Keller - paranoid, persistent, vulnerable

Buzz Lightyear - my totally favourite boy scout - to infinity and beyond

Malik El Djebena - ultimately resourceful good boy made bad

Nikita - sexy as hell

Dr Who - defined my youth

Hans Solo - tell me which teenage boy did not want to be Hans Solo

Yoda - wisdom is more important as I grow older

Dr Spock - oh the aloof logic of it all

R. P. McMurphy - you cannot put a good man down - brilliant

Ripley - sexy, savvy, scared, brave - and the final underwear scene - too much for an eighteen year old boy!!

Bess McNeil - one of the finest characters I have seen portrayed in a film - the ultimate sacrifice to love.

Lara Croft - in games and movies this woman has stolen hours, days, weeks of my life.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:58 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
Pussies. here's mine!
The Stig. There is a certain simplicity to his character that I admire. There is no ambiguity, he simply exists to get from point to point in the least time possible.

Tron. Another in the same vein, as the previous, no demands, no negotiation, just retribution. When Tron gets vexed, you better be on his side.

Dave Lister, An all too probable candidate for the last surviving member of the human race, a complete slob with questionable personal hygiene

Leeroy Jenkins, What do you do when you're faced with certain death in the face of overwhelming odds? Draw your weapons, scream your own name, then tear off down the corridor towards it.

Gene Hunt, Nuff said 8)

Patrick Bateman, Suave, sophisticated, charming, but hatstand insane and brutal axe murderer to boot. Amazing!

Ash williams from the Evil Dead series. sarcastic, working class and utterly out of his depth, but it's okay, cos he's got a shotgun

Optimus prime, Decisive, charismatic and compassionate, he is The greatest Autobot of them all. End of chat.

Tank Girl, proof that sexy and tomboy can go into one, her best friend is a tank and she has a kangaroo for a boyfriend. Still would though.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw, hyperintelligent, yet slighty mentally unbalanced culture drone from Iain M Banks universe. Former special circumstances, so he's fully militarised. Fields, knife missiles, nano missiles, CREW, and effectors in the place.

GERTY from the film Moon, Very simplistic and all the more loveable for it. All he wants to do is help his human counterpart.

ORAC from Blakes 7, Possibly the only robot who has a similar disposition to the human race as cats do. Look down on them, treat them with distain.

Hit Girl, I was halfway writing why I liked Leon from the film of the same name, then i remembered hit girl, so decided to change it. Hit girl has more character anyways.

Q, From star trek, the next generation, the mixture between omnipotence and infantile in the personality is quite engaging.

Glen Quagmire from family guy. Youtube him, he a posterchild for swordsmen across the globe. And that's why I like him.

Done!
astraboy.
How do we know you only spent 15 minutes doing that?
Not really fair if you already knew all the info.

Copy/paste

Trending Topics

Old 06 January 2011, 10:59 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Damn I forgot one and how could I...

Will Hunting - that character literally changed my life irrevocably and since first seeing that film my life is fundamentally different to what it was before - I now have kids, my own business, much greater freedom - things I did not have before seeing that film and in particular that character.
Old 06 January 2011, 10:59 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Well I've just done 16 K - so there
Old 06 January 2011, 11:25 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
How do we know you only spent 15 minutes doing that?
Cos that's the point you pillock! Spend too long overanalysing it and it'll loose it's meaning, this is for the characters in your life who have been big enough to have a profound impact.

Spend more than a minute coming up with someone and they've not had a big enough impact!
astraboy.
Old 06 January 2011, 11:33 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I only really have the one.

Had a very big influence on me from about the age of 12.
Old 06 January 2011, 11:36 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by zip106
I only really have the one.

Had a very big influence on me from about the age of 12.
Gary Glitter?
Old 06 January 2011, 11:39 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More like 20 minutes....

1. Homer Simpson: You may be dysfunctional but it doesn't matter if your heart is in the right place.

2. General-Colonel Pavel Leonidovich Alekseyev (Red Storm Rising): Know when enough is enough.

3. "Dirty" Harry Callaghan: Do you feel lucky? aka How to bluff.

4. Sam Quint (Jaws): Why water is for the fishes (well, sharks).

5. Indiana Jones: Brains almost always triumph over brawn.

6. Han Solo: "What's the use of your reward if you're not around to use it?", speaks for itself.

7. John Rambo: "Don't Push me" - everyone has a breaking point, know how to identify it.

8. Basil Fawlty: Never let your customers come between you and running a successful business

9. Juliet Miller (Shallow Grave): Everybody in the world has their price.

10. Gerald (The Full Monty): Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

11. Logan 5 / Lincoln 6 Echo: Adapt and embrace change.

12. Dr. Richard Walker (Frantic): Never give up, even in the face of adversity.

13. President Merkin Muffley: "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room" The futility of war.

14. John McCLane: The wrong (or right) person in the wrong (or right) place can make all the difference. Yippee kai yay!

15. Major Motoko Kusanagi: How much humanity are you willing to sacrifice to achieve an end?
Old 06 January 2011, 11:40 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Forgot the name, didn't I.

Glen.

Morangie.

In fact he's with me now

ETA - **** me, you lot watch some $hite.
Old 06 January 2011, 11:40 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

I think I've guessed what this quiz is really about - it's a devious trick to see who's been at the Colombian fairy-dust