Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Oakley polarized lenses, best place to buy ?

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2011, 08:16 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oakley polarized lenses, best place to buy ?

I posted a thread recently about Oakley Juliet shades, their seemed to be quite a few people on the forum that use Oakley sunglasses so i was just wondering if anyone has bought any polarized lenses and if so where from ?

I rang Oakley and they want around £100 which didn't suprise me, they don't have them in stock in the UK so probably have to order in from the US.

Ive seen some Juliet after market lenses on ebay that are polarized, the sellers get mixed reviews and some buyers have said that they aint even polarized so that option seems like a lottery.

Does anyone know of a good place for oakley polarized lenses, genuine ones that are fairly priced or aftermarket that are excellent quality and are what they say on the box, polarized ?

I'm after Ice Blue iridium polarized, the ones ive bought have polished/fire iridium lenses which are great but i prefer blue. I bought them for a good price, they were hard to turn down even though the lens colour wasn't to my taste as they are virtually brand new.

Last edited by Rob_Impreza99; 27 July 2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 27 July 2011, 10:34 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Rob. like you I was sceptical, but I couldn't get the mirrored lenses I was after from Oakley.

In the end I plumped for these, thinking their cheap enough I wasn't going to cry if they were crap. Far from it, they are billiant, and a perfect replacement lens. I use them for fishing and knocked spots of my mates glasses which were made for a fishing company.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-VL-Pol...item27bcce7f14

Last edited by Simon C; 27 July 2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 27 July 2011, 10:58 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

I've just bought some Half Jacket gold iridium polarized lenses from Shade Station for about £73.
Old 27 July 2011, 11:19 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Simon, thanks for the pointer.

Ive no doubt that your happy with your lenses from that selller, have you checked some of the feedback though, it aint good.

People are saying that the coating is peeling off after weeks, even days. Someone said they aint even polarized, thats why i was sceptical of ebay.

Zip, i'll bare shade station in mind, thanks.
Old 28 July 2011, 12:05 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Rob, it took me a side by side comparison with my non polarized Oakleys to figure out they are polarised.

Have to say, mine are as good as new and not 1 problem with them, and when it comes to glasses and glassware, I am 1 very fussy barsteward.
Old 28 July 2011, 03:24 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

To see if they are "polarized" rotate the glasses in front of an LCD screen. The screen should go dark. If it does not, then they are not. IYSWIM.
Old 28 July 2011, 08:23 PM
my06 ppp silver
Scooby Regular

i think i commented last time on your oakleys thread, i suggested then maui jims. now if its the lens that is important to you then, again, i cannot reccommend these more. they have a unique layered and patented lens. you really should go to somewhere that stocks these and try a pair on to believe how good these are!
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=...maui+jim+sport