Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

One of the better eBay ad's in recent times.

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2011, 04:42 PM
Scooby-J
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of the better eBay ad's in recent times.

Well worth a read, the F1 references are quality.

"If Carlsberg made cars, this wouldn't be it"

1.05 in the video is so true:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdiIy...ature=youtu.be
Old 18 October 2011, 10:44 PM
the hamster
BANNED

quality
Old 19 October 2011, 01:38 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Superb

Text from eBay add pasted below

Rover 25 1.6 ISMG ZR Lookalike*"If Carlsberg made cars, this wouldn't be it"I have owned this amazing piece of motoring history for over 9 years. It has been with me from 18 to 27...from the boy racer- chavvy bling years right up until the embarrassment of having to remove it all because it looked like sh*t. So below I have summarised various bits of information about this very special car.Fool the world*Is it a Rover or is it an MG? Who knows but theyre basically the same car anyway!ColourTAHITI BLUE. Or to anyone else, blue. Kind of purple blue in some lights. * *British Engineering*Be proud, be British. Enjoy the soothing sounds of the creaks and rattles and bangs that only comes from British build quality***** Please note the enjoyment of these sounds is sometimes baffled by the exhaust/ stereo system.Friendly appeal*When driving this car not only do you get an insane driving experience like no other but others want to signal their enjoyment of experiencing the car too. Flashing lights, happy waves and even Sebastian Vettel inspired "1 finger" salutes which I can only imagine means "you're my number one".. I wish i had that as you effortlessly breeze past.Power & controlEveryone knows the "K series" engine is a light weight, high power unit and this whopping 1.6L is no exception. 110 horses fresh from the factory (probably about 25 have escaped?)Head gasket failures are as common as muck on K series engines and sadly this 1.6 beast was no exception. however, this one is fitted with an up rated gasket and internals and is solid as a nut (a metal nut, not a*edible*nut) *Back in my younger years I ram raided Halfords for a viper induction kit and a stainless steel exhaust from the cat back which gives a nice but not too loud sound.Comfort*Not satisfied with boring loose fitting Rover seats I scoured eBay and the net for a set of MG half leathers and smashed down 500 big ones (ouch) and duly fitted these to the vehicle.* They provide the right amount of hugging protection for those hard cornering needs. 9 years on these seats have gone a bit like a grans chest, saggy.*Top Gear once did an episode where they analyse whats inside the car down to the microscopic level I thought I'd carry out a similar level of inspection and the report come back with the following summary...*Drivers seat has around 9 years of poop particles, skin and sweat. The passenger side front foot well has copious amounts of nose faeces that have obviously been flicked over from the drivers side through the years. These have been well squished into the carpet over time...I suppose I could run the vac round for the winning bidder...*Formula one inspired technology without the cost!*Down force is the number one goal in F1 and this beast is no exception and has been developed to match formula one esk levels of grip. Firstly, when cornering hard the driver will notice when looking in the passengers wing mirror a small flap opens around the fuel cap area this provides the car with an extra grip just when you need it most. It also acts as a braking assistant.*Who needs opening wings when I have created the ultimate in grip!*Many years ago the car had a rare off day where it decided that starting was not an option. Tthe anger within me overflowed which resulted in me unleashing the fists of fury onto the top of the car. Now knowing that Arnold Schwanananiger has nothing on me and that the car is made from a hybrid of titanium and butter (making it incredibly light yet very soft) the metal caved in under the fury, forming two large in-dents along the top of the rear door. After calming down and fixing the non-starting Tahiti Blue Beast (turned out to be a loose starter wire) I took her out for a drive and low and behold I had inevitably stumbled across a way of adding more performance through the corners; after a quick phone call to my old pal Adrian Newey, it turns out the indents create an area of swirling air which is then worked over the ZR spoiler, thus adding more down force.*Adrian begged me to email the pictures and details of my work but I declined for fear of this developed into an already dominant Red Bull.Further developments came curtsey of the rear door strip catching on the drivers door creating a turning vane to direct airflow away from the drivers side rear wheel.* *Free Gifts*Tired of driving the ultimate driving machine? No problem! Take a break from pushing to the limit and enjoy a free car size jigsaw puzzle.Included in the glove box is a medium size bag of bolts, clips and rubber bungs. All of which were on the car at some point in the past! Can you replace and refit them all??Earn Respect*Those cool younger tracksuit wearing hipsters that terrorise people outside TESCO and other establishments will marvel in awe as you rock up sometimes muttering words of praise such as "that's BANG tidy" "MINT" and "Bet that MG's well LOUD"HA - Fools it's not even an MG. Townies huh!*Banging Sounds*Not satisfied with a stock stereo I once again smashed through Halfords and purchased a top of the range Sony XPLOD head unit. Now unknown to me Sony car stereos are like the HRT of the formula one world *- in other words rubbish. This particular stereo however is special, it can read the drivers life story and display information about the drivers life and where you are going in the world. As pointed out by this picture I took after it decided to inform me what I was...(Its not broken, however)*There is also a cheap sub and amp in the boot with added 6x9s to really impress the audio professionals who all know that a sub and 6x9s go as well together as oil and water.*Around the world in 11 years*According to a bloke on Wikipedia point to point around the world is 24,901miles. This means the mighty shed has been round the world approximately 5.9 times! Case in point heres a few pics from its several journeys round the world.*Thats about it!Ill add anything Ive missed over the next few days but for now, heres a poorly made tribute video to the greatest car ever made!*http://youtu.be/TdiIyJk2AhMSpec**MG ZR Body Kit, including skirts and front bibCadamuro Rear Valance (a bit chipped and worn)Wolfrace 17" alloys (could do with new tyres)Cat back stainless steel exhaustPipercross viper induction kit.Insidehalf leather seats (blue) with coloured leather steering wheelBlue Car matsSilver finish metal dials (heater, etc)ZR silver panel insertsSony Head unit with AMP & SubOutsideMG ZR kit, skirts, front bib, badges and grillsSEAT Leon splitter (front)Full tintsClear indicatorsSubtle Lexus lightsFront fogs*Bad bits*The car is 11 years old and as such the rust has started to set in especially round the rear arches and in other places..Boot release and slightly on the wings.*There are the usual dings and dents from the years of car park morons.*Could do with new brakes and pads and 4 new tyres although they are still (just) legal at the moment. *Car has no tax left and is currently SORNED.*There is a knocking when turning at low speeds from the drivers front wheel...wheel bearing or cv joint?Slight blow from the manifold.*Windscreen could do with being replaced (cracked passenger side)Ive tried to be as honest as possible, the car goes well its just done a lot of miles!Good*bits*Up rated head gasket fitted, seals etc*new alternator,*fairly new gearbox (covered about 20,000 miles)*About 6 months mot remaining.*Loads of work receipts. Too many to mention, but will be included with the car, probably in a tesco bag (may include an old food receipt)*99p start and no reserve. So, technically this car could sell for 1 to a Nigerian prince! Dont let this happen - bid now!*Sellers who are eBay noobasaurus should email first or not bid at all as youre probably a scam artist.50 deposit to b paid within 24hours.*Happy bidding!*On 12-Oct-11 at 10:09:45 BST, seller added the following information:UPDATE! * * *Totally forgot to mention the car comes with a free "MUNKEY"*(in the voice of Johnny Vegas) *ALSO, the "alloy finish" (cheap) tax disc holder sticky pads have failed - I have used the cigarette lighter to prop it back up and let's face it who actually uses the cigarette lighter to*light a cigarette anyway?? (Not me - I*don't*smoke which must be classed under the*Good Bits? section*- Car is a non smoker in both respects, engine and person. Huzzah! B. )
Old 19 October 2011, 01:41 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Legend
Old 19 October 2011, 02:02 PM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Hahaha, This ad is so true when it comes to Rovers/MG's...I know, I used to own one!!
Old 19 October 2011, 02:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Good one. Nothing like being honest.

Someone has even bought it!

Les
Old 19 October 2011, 02:30 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

fantastic add