Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Facebook justice

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2011, 01:29 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Facebook justice

A man has been arrested over allegations of animal abuse after he was caught on film appearing to beat a terrified dog with a pole as it desperately tried to get inside its owner's house.
The video, shot from a neighbouring window, shows what seems to be a white Staffordshire bull terrier being kicked, punched in the face and repeatedly hit while a small boy looks on excitedly.
Within hours of the footage being posted on social networking site Facebook, an angry mob is said to have surrounded the man's house in Grimsby, north-east Lincolnshire.
Police were called to the address last night and onlookers watched as a man, believed to be the dog's owner, was arrested.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1bErkmSoc
Old 20 October 2011, 01:57 AM
MattJ85
Scooby Regular

good - lock him away !!

People who hurt animals are just as bad as kiddie fiddlers !! both are defenseless
Old 20 October 2011, 02:04 AM
eelz
Scooby Regular

Hope he gets bummed in jail.
Old 20 October 2011, 02:08 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattJ85
good - lock him away !!

People who hurt animals are just as bad as kiddie fiddlers !! both are defenseless
No they arent: dont talk such rubbish man. Sad and inadequate perhaps, but obviously very different. If you cant see that then I pity you.
Old 20 October 2011, 05:20 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
No they arent: dont talk such rubbish man. Sad and inadequate perhaps, but obviously very different. If you cant see that then I pity you.
+1.
Old 20 October 2011, 05:28 AM
PaulJC
Scooby Regular

People getting together standing up to the rioters...

People standing together against animal cruelty...

While i think this is great, if it's something that carries on long term or becomes a trend i cant see how it's gonna end well...
Old 20 October 2011, 05:40 AM
MattJ85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Sorry I just feel strongly against animal cruelty - just the way I am. I work with dogs in my job.
Old 20 October 2011, 06:54 AM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Sorry I just feel strongly against animal cruelty - just the way I am. I work with dogs in my job.
Have to agree, both equally as low in their own scummy ways
Old 20 October 2011, 07:57 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
Have to agree, both equally as low in their own scummy ways
As both a parent and animal lover/owner, I can see where he is coming from.

Both are absolutely awful but you have to remember that children have the ability to tell someone what happened whereas animals cannot.
So it takes a certain type of individual to abuse either.
Old 20 October 2011, 08:14 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

As a parent and an animal lover I agree with GC8.

Terrible behaviour but you cannot class beating a dog in the same category as beating a child - it is a very English morality!!
Old 20 October 2011, 08:24 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

hope the guy gets kicking like his dog did
Old 20 October 2011, 09:09 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Animal ****?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Animal cruelty really sticks in my craw.
Old 20 October 2011, 09:20 AM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
Animal ****?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Animal cruelty really sticks in my craw.
restaurateur?
Old 20 October 2011, 09:31 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Both are despicable acts against those not able to fight back or defend themselves.

Where as i hope this chap gets a bloody good kicking i would rather child molesters and those that injure or even kill kids where put away for good or in extreme cases put down!
Old 20 October 2011, 10:02 AM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

I detest animal cruelty with a passion. Hope he gets the same treatment he gave the poor dog.
Old 20 October 2011, 10:03 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

What a horrible man! That dog was clearly terrified, yet still wanted to go back in the house.

People like him are sick in the head.
Old 20 October 2011, 10:16 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree with you completely. Animals should be treated with respect as a living creature and those who would ill treat them deserve very strong penalties.

A man like the one described above must know very well the difference between right and wrong and I hope he gets an appropriate penalty for his shameful behaviour.

Les
Old 20 October 2011, 10:30 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

really..... that made the news and resulted in a Chav army forming to "get" the villain?

Having watched the entire video I can't see anything other than a ****** slapping a dog, there's no "beating" with a stick, there's just some ******** swinging a mop handle at a dog that for some "unknown" reason he really doesn't want to let back inside.....

Now while you all spit out your earl grey at the shocking sight of a dog getting told off by a chav I'd suggest that until the reason for his behaviour comes to light you can't really comment on his actions other than "seemed extreme?"...

The massive's morale compass is spinning well today
Old 20 October 2011, 11:40 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

hardly a WWF beatdown!!

all i could see was a few taps with a mop and a limp wristed punch (more of a push) hardly animal cruelty, who knows what the dog did previously could have bit one of his kids arms off and he had to put it outside to cool off AKA the naughty step.

some people want to get a grip on reality!
Old 20 October 2011, 12:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Yep, Poor defenceless SBT's

Don't condone any kind of cruelty but I would hope the Staffie gave as good as it got, suspect though a Staff being a Staff it would defend him to its dying breath but not retaliate at all against its owner. Fantastic breed but they do still seem to be the ********* dog of choice, sad for the responsible owners and the dogs themselves.
Old 20 October 2011, 02:25 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8

Yes they are. Both are abhorrent and despicable. Its about time animal abuse was taken more seriously.
Old 20 October 2011, 02:28 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
As a parent and an animal lover I agree with GC8.

Terrible behaviour but you cannot class beating a dog in the same category as beating a child - it is a very English morality!!

Well then its a very poor morality David. Its what's wrong with the uk today, to many "degrees" of unacceptable behaviour.
Old 20 October 2011, 02:29 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
really..... that made the news and resulted in a Chav army forming to "get" the villain?

Having watched the entire video I can't see anything other than a ****** slapping a dog, there's no "beating" with a stick, there's just some ******** swinging a mop handle at a dog that for some "unknown" reason he really doesn't want to let back inside.....

Now while you all spit out your earl grey at the shocking sight of a dog getting told off by a chav I'd suggest that until the reason for his behaviour comes to light you can't really comment on his actions other than "seemed extreme?"...

So... What about the part of the video where he grabs the dog (which is cowering away from him) by the scruff of the neck and punches it several times in the face?

You class that as a bit of a slapping?
Old 20 October 2011, 02:45 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt

Just the sort of twattish comments we've come to expect from you . I've watched the video in its entirety too, and what you're missing here is pretty much the whole point - although that's hardly a surprise.

The dog is:

Hit with the broom handle
Punched twice - and its clearly not a slap

In isolation those are not acceptable, but what makes this event so bad, is that the abuse (and that's what it is) isn't a one off reaction to something the dog has done, but that the clearly enraged owners are not content with chucking it outside and hitting it once with the end of the broom, but actually go back out and have several goes at it, one of which is punching it twice.

No matter what the dog has done, those "after the event" actions are simply unacceptable in a supposedly civilised society, and if you think they are, its you who needs to realign his "moral compass"
Old 20 October 2011, 03:00 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Just the sort of twattish comments we've come to expect from you . I've watched the video in its entirety too, and what you're missing here is pretty much the whole point - although that's hardly a surprise.

The dog is:

Hit with the broom handle
Punched twice - and its clearly not a slap

In isolation those are not acceptable, but what makes this event so bad, is that the abuse (and that's what it is) isn't a one off reaction to something the dog has done, but that the clearly enraged owners are not content with chucking it outside and hitting it once with the end of the broom, but actually go back out and have several goes at it, one of which is punching it twice.

No matter what the dog has done, those "after the event" actions are simply un
acceptable in a supposedly civilised society, and if you think they are, its you who needs to realign his "moral compass"
Exactly!

Obviously there is only so much a human can take from another human, or from an animal etc, but most people still manage to combat 'negative behaviour' without the type of lashing out we see here.

It is quite obvious that this reaction from the man was not from provocation by the dog. I would happily say it looks as though he did it, just because he could. Obviously we don't know his exact reason for doing it. But it was totally out of order!
Old 20 October 2011, 03:42 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Devildog
Well then its a very poor morality David. Its what's wrong with the uk today, to many "degrees" of unacceptable behaviour.
To open the can of worms (or should I say playpen of babies )

How do we determine these degrees.

If we afford animals the same moraility as humans I sure as hell you are a vegan.

We don't lock our children up in small cages and feed them hormones to grow faster, or shoot them or fish for them, or trawl for them with nets, or eat them in burgers do we?

I am not saying that it is wrong to take in a pet and then bully it - it is disgusting.

But to do the same to a child is, in my view, many degrees more disgusting.
Old 20 October 2011, 04:17 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Ignoring the whole animal rights thing for a minute - I find it concerning that a mob of people can turn up and start dishing out vigilante justice over something seen on facebook.
Its the thin end of the wedge.....what might be the next thing that some facebook users take offence to and turn up mob-handed for?
Old 20 October 2011, 04:26 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
what might be the next thing that some facebook users take offence to and turn up mob-handed for?
The companies that create those stupid adverts on the side of the page with any luck.
Old 20 October 2011, 04:51 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by TinyTim
The companies that create those stupid adverts on the side of the page with any luck.
Aye, they are a pain.

Going back to the OP. I mentioned in here ages ago about a chap I work with, his daughter getting badly beaten up because of a spilt drink.
Well, she is still in hospital, won't walk again. The perpetrators still have not been to court and a vigilante style forum has been set up for ages now.
The family who did the deed have had to be moved to a secret location. Seems to be the norm, these days