Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Private medical BUPA

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2011, 05:34 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Private medical BUPA

Guys ive been a longtime sufferer of Migraines but as always when you join company schemes you have to declair chrnic so called things so they dont get covered BUPA being one.

My company has sacked BUPA off due to the price increases and is now with CIGNA one of the terms is

Were Pleased to announce that at this annual enrolment only you can Join the scheme with CIGNA on a medical History disregarded basis

Does that mean my head will now be covered private ?

Cheers
Old 10 November 2011, 05:40 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should be.

I'm on my wife's company health scheme and it covers pre-existing conditions.

Funnily enough, it's with BUPA....
Old 10 November 2011, 05:45 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Sort of off topic.......are you prescribed any meds for the head???
I've suffered for the past 5 yrs now....some lasting upto 4-6 days
Sick of being pushed from pillar to post with w@nker docs

I'm on 200 co codamols a month , and on average 12 sumatrapans.....these are starting to fail nowadays
Old 10 November 2011, 05:51 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by donny andi
Sort of off topic.......are you prescribed any meds for the head???
I've suffered for the past 5 yrs now....some lasting upto 4-6 days
Sick of being pushed from pillar to post with w@nker docs

I'm on 200 co codamols a month , and on average 12 sumatrapans.....these are starting to fail nowadays
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=533249

see another doc or get an ENT referral ans see a consultant. You should not really take this long-term.
Old 10 November 2011, 05:59 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=533249

see another doc or get an ENT referral ans see a consultant. You should not really take this long-term.
Was sent to ent , walked out after waiting over a hr past appointment....bit childish I know

Had brain scan , every anti depressant on the market that have been thrown back at them
As for seeing another doc.....there's 6 in the surgery.......I've seen 5 , the other speaks no English at all
It's a weird thing to say.....the migraines have taken over my life?...and being self employed makes some months hard going
Old 10 November 2011, 06:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Was sent to ent , walked out after waiting over a hr past appointment....bit childish I know

Had brain scan , every anti depressant on the market that have been thrown back at them
As for seeing another doc.....there's 6 in the surgery.......I've seen 5 , the other speaks no English at all
It's a weird thing to say.....the migraines have taken over my life?...and being self employed makes some months hard going
you need to see an ent consultant, get another referral and this time wait as required. if migraines are bothering you that much then sitting around for a while is not an issue surely - look at the bigger picture.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 November 2011 at 06:03 PM.
boxst
Scooby Regular

Have you tried Bowen Therapy?

My wife suffered for Migraines for many, many years and went to see someone and they dramitically reduced.

So much so, that she then qualified to be one.

(Personally I don't believe in it, but it worked wonders on my wife and her clients are all extremely impressed)
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm just clicked the link , put my hands up to being addicted to them , but they are the only painkiller that work
Old 10 November 2011, 06:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm just clicked the link , put my hands up to being addicted to them , but they are the only painkiller that work
sort that out as well, potential liver and stomach damage and the headaches could be part of the withdrawal and not as you suspect migraines!

codeine is nasty stuff!
Old 10 November 2011, 06:49 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Donny would be good to chat to you if you like, been in same boat m8 had everything Anti depress, Pizotifens betas the lot, started on naramig, moved to Imigran then doc dropped me to Sumatriptan same deal as Imigran but just the cheap ones. Like buying asda paracetamol over Nurofen.

Even if we can throw a few things at each other.

Ive been to see the nuro guy at LGI in leeds Oliver Lilly, never had scans yet just keep trying drugs, Currently not on anything apart from imigrans when i need em. But i wake up daily with thick head

makes me soo low its stupid

Pm me sometime m8ty i,ll give you a bell

What i will say though is Co Codos are quite bad in that Number, im surprised thay aint moved u, I am also doing 12 sumatrips a month.

I did have paracetamol and Donperidone to help absorb them into the Gut, seems ok but nothing like an imigran, Ive also tried cold turkey seemed ok but then i get an attack and back we go LOL

think its all the abuse of Beer and drugs when i was young, not that i took much bad stuff a few acid tabs and a wrap of billy, but that was over 20 years ago surely it would have worn off by now

Last edited by Littleted; 10 November 2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10 November 2011, 06:52 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Find yourself a good Chiropractor.

Seriously.

I know people who suffered for years, last resort was a Chiro - spine was out of alignment and after 5-10 sessions no more migraines or at least very rarely occurring.

http://www.migraine.org.uk/index.php?sectionid=191
Old 10 November 2011, 08:17 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
Find yourself a good Chiropractor.

Seriously.

I know people who suffered for years, last resort was a Chiro - spine was out of alignment and after 5-10 sessions no more migraines or at least very rarely occurring.

http://www.migraine.org.uk/index.php?sectionid=191
You may have a point there , sometimes I try and crush the back of my neck whether it's all in my head and I'm just causing pain elsewhere, there are times it helps.....also pushing my thumb into the vein on my temple can divert the pain
1 thing I can say is I hate my life when they start it's a unbearable ****e pain, my sympathies to anyone who gets them