Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Strange behaviour from buyers ??

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2012, 09:56 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange behaviour from buyers ??

Strange behaviour from potential buyers when advertsing items for sale ???!!! as someone who advertises on here a good few times a year often find it strange that as soon as you list an item for sale that does not include a photograph off the item you immediattly get folk replying asking for photos, as soon as you put the photos on you never here back from these same people ??!! now I can undertand if the photos you put on were poor quality images and the item was not the best off condition etc but in my case anything I have sold on s/net has in my view been in top condition and again always try to take good clear photos off anything I am selling.

happens with cars as well !!! now I always try a put a photo up if I am selling a car, last time I wrote the advert out and submitted it and planned to add a few decent photos to this same advert later on in the day, same again a few asking for photos straight away and thats it never here from them again. now fair enough nothing wrong in that but just wonder if there are folk out there who have no intention off buying your item but just feel uncomfortable viewing an advert without pics ??!!

as I say nothing wrong with it just find it a bit strange and as someone who has just advertised a car on ebay have seen my fair share off strange behaviour from " potential " buyers !!

this same advert on ebay had attracted some 33 watchers within just a few days off being listed and as it was a classified advert was a set price ie. not auction style and on for something like 29 days ?? soon as the car was sold after just a week off being advertised I obviously changed my advert to read that car was now sold. received a phone call that same night from a slightly irate sounding guy who asked me why the car was sold as he had been watching it all week and planned to buy it ??!!

then there was the first one asking me if I wanted a trade for his corsa ?? the next advising me he would offer me over 1k less than asking price and he would buy it now !! three asking nothing about the car but how much is roadtax ?? one guy simply asking " why am I selling if it took you so long to find a decent one " ?? and all the rest !! I get the feeling these folk have not got the cash and no intention off buying anyway just feel they want to be involved in the " situation " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 January 2012, 11:59 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Jono, expectation is the mother of all stresses. Just because they hound you for pictures doesn't mean they'll buy your goods. They hound you because its human sub- psychology to moider. Therefore, if their behaviour is troubling you, cut it out by putting things up for sale with the pics at the first place. And if thats not convenient, bollox to the ones who get you on your toes, and then disappear. About this bloke watching your car and then moaning about not getting it, sod him. Some may not want to answer him at all, but as a polite person, I would have just emailed him back with a two-liner, " You should have put a bid in, if you were that sure to buy it. You are the weakest link. Goodbye. " Take this consumer sub-behaviour with a pinch of salt, do your trading as honestly and as helpfully as possible, and take it easy. There are some very strange people out there who don't deserve your expectation for any civilised response back from them. Not here, but I have sold a few things on Ebay, actually. I had one woman buying my Satnav a few years ago. She bought it, and then emailed me 3 days later that she had split with her husband, and she had to leave it etc. etc. I was annoyed, but I just ignored her email, and put a neutral feedback in- "Non-paying bidder. Informed of her difficult personal circumstances. My sympathies.", Thus, I still warned others of her inability to pay, but her ability to bid for things. There was another idiot who quizzed me chronic on my Mr. Bean's Teddy that I put up on Ebay. I clearly listed it as a replica, but the American started to bully me on his emails, saying, "Oooooh! It is now going for as much as a tenner! Its a daylight robbery!". I emailed him back, saying, "**** off and don't bid for it, then; you imbecile! Were you expecting me to sell real Mr. Bean's Teddy for a tenner, you idiot??? Now do one, and eat you fat burger, you doughnut ". He stopped emailing me, then.

Anyway, take it easy, and ignore the time wasters.

Last edited by Turbohot; 29 January 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 29 January 2012, 12:07 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

People are strange, simples ... Be thankful you don't work in customer services!

TX.
Old 30 January 2012, 10:25 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Jono, expectation is the mother of all stresses. Just because they hound you for pictures doesn't mean they'll buy your goods. They hound you because its human sub- psychology to moider. Therefore, if their behaviour is troubling you, cut it out by putting things up for sale with the pics at the first place. And if thats not convenient, bollox to the ones who get you on your toes, and then disappear. About this bloke watching your car and then moaning about not getting it, sod him. Some may not want to answer him at all, but as a polite person, I would have just emailed him back with a two-liner, " You should have put a bid in, if you were that sure to buy it. You are the weakest link. Goodbye. " Take this consumer sub-behaviour with a pinch of salt, do your trading as honestly and as helpfully as possible, and take it easy. There are some very strange people out there who don't deserve your expectation for any civilised response back from them. Not here, but I have sold a few things on Ebay, actually. I had one woman buying my Satnav a few years ago. She bought it, and then emailed me 3 days later that she had split with her husband, and she had to leave it etc. etc. I was annoyed, but I just ignored her email, and put a neutral feedback in- "Non-paying bidder. Informed of her difficult personal circumstances. My sympathies.", Thus, I still warned others of her inability to pay, but her ability to bid for things. There was another idiot who quizzed me chronic on my Mr. Bean's Teddy that I put up on Ebay. I clearly listed it as a replica, but the American started to bully me on his emails, saying, "Oooooh! It is now going for as much as a tenner! Its a daylight robbery!". I emailed him back, saying, "**** off and don't bid for it, then; you imbecile! Were you expecting me to sell real Mr. Bean's Teddy for a tenner, you idiot??? Now do one, and eat you fat burger, you doughnut ". He stopped emailing me, then.

Anyway, take it easy, and ignore the time wasters.
Perfect mate appreciatte the above and just proves that I am not alone in my findings !!