Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hollister clothes shops

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2012, 06:45 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hollister clothes shops

Wtf is that all about then?? I walked into one in a shopping centre and it was pitch dark. After 20 mins straining my eyes trying to read the size labels and prices I walked out.

Why have they made it pitch dark in there? What kind of marketing/brand identity theory is it to make it so dark in the shop (with blacked out windows as well) that the customers can't read the labels and can't see their kids.

The world is steadily going mad and sometimes it seems I am the last sane person on the planet lol
Old 29 January 2012, 06:52 PM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're obviously not kewllll enough to get it.
Neither am I.
Old 29 January 2012, 07:05 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Used to buy a lot of teeshirts from there when I used to go to the US regularly because the stuff was as cheap as chips at the then currency exchange rate and quite unique. Now Hollister is now in the UK It's just chav wear and I wouldn't be seen dead in it.

Mind you it's always worth going in just to look at the filthy schoolies that work there.
Old 29 January 2012, 07:15 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Funny you should mention them, as recently my girlfriend dragged me into one in New York and also the Abercrombie and Fitch one which is identical as it's the same company or so I'm led to believe. Anyway it was exactly how you describe but also with girls just stood around in bikini's Whilst I was enjoying the scenery I was fed up with trying to find a bit of light to look at something properly and having to shout because of the loud music, so I was nagging the Mrs to hurry up so we could leave

I got the "it's a great shop, blah blah blah", anyway after buying a few pairs of these pant things we left. Back at the hotel looking at the stuff she bought, she was most pi$$ed off that two of the three pairs were different colours to what she thought she'd bought Oh how we laughed, sorry.... how I laughed!

Some seriously tidy booty on show though
Old 29 January 2012, 07:32 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Hollister, Jack Wills, A & F..... You're too old, Ding me lad!

My 9 year old daughter wears that stuff....
Old 29 January 2012, 07:49 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

I actually like hollister clothing and I am far from a chav and I managed to see the items on display fine.
Old 29 January 2012, 08:10 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

The shops smell nice though and they always seem to squirt the stuff out into the main mall.

Steve
Old 29 January 2012, 08:32 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Wtf is that all about then?? I walked into one in a shopping centre and it was pitch dark. After 20 mins straining my eyes trying to read the size labels and prices I walked out.

Why have they made it pitch dark in there? What kind of marketing/brand identity theory is it to make it so dark in the shop (with blacked out windows as well) that the customers can't read the labels and can't see their kids.

The world is steadily going mad and sometimes it seems I am the last sane person on the planet lol

I understand what you mean about marketing, merchandising, displaying etc. in general TBH. When I enter some designers stores to buy gifts etc., it baffles me terribly. Window displays are usually messy, and the rails are overpacked. About lighting, they must encash atmospheric light dimming to disguise poor quality. I remember popping into some designers store before Christmas. Display was cr@p, so was the quality of clothes. I dragged my son out of the place, and told him not to fool himself for the label. Like LSharett, he isn't a chav either. But he does like his designer stuff. He isn't into those saggy jeans, thank God! Daughter's long haired IndieRock BF wears saggy designers jeans that show all the Santas and meerkats printed on his boxer shorts. ******* insane, man!
Old 29 January 2012, 08:57 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

My daughter dragged me in to A&F in London a couple of years ago. Awful shopping experience (hot and dark) but I did enjoy the "push-up bra and cleavage" part of the assistants' dress code.
Old 29 January 2012, 10:09 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
Hollister, Jack Wills, A & F..... You're too old, Ding me lad!

My 9 year old daughter wears that stuff....

I don't deny my years. However unlike you and Trout who have become fat and bald I'm still devilishly good looking and buff

It's not the clothes I'm complaining about though, I just can't understand how you can shop when the lights are all switched off and the windows are blacked out
Old 29 January 2012, 10:53 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It's so you don't see how much the ****ing stuff costs. With that and Super Dry you know it'll be here today, rags tomorrow.

Prefer Joe Brown myself ,

http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/pu+Mens-Clothing+MC-+1

and it's a UK Company.
Old 30 January 2012, 01:35 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

More like they don't want you to be able to see what it really looks like until they have trousered your cash!

Les
Old 30 January 2012, 03:29 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

My 14 year old is in to this at the minute. She is going to make me bankrupt! Must go and check out the store now I've seen the push up bra comment above. It will probably cost me a couple of hundred quid if I take the daughter though
Old 30 January 2012, 03:41 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

My daughter is 13 years old and she and her friends love the shop. I have never even walked thru the door as I always sit out side.