Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BIG brother!

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2012, 12:43 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BIG brother!

This will be fun if its passed. And for all you lot who say 'i havent got anything to hide so dont mind' then you are idiots and dont deserve rights. I have my privacy to hide thank you very much. Terrorism my backside!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ATq-XHSXTuI

Last edited by scrappydoo; 11 March 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 11 March 2012, 03:51 AM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Scary
Old 11 March 2012, 04:13 AM
craigo
Scooby Regular

nothing new there.......

looks like something i saw years ago living in florida

what happens in the US OF A will come the norm here
Old 11 March 2012, 06:51 AM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Yeah, the Yanks have done it over there for ages.
Old 11 March 2012, 08:04 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

If you have nothing to hide it's not a problem really, if it helps catch more UK based terrorists then I'm all for it.
Old 11 March 2012, 09:33 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scrappydoo
This will be fun if its passed. And for all you lot who say 'i havent got anything to hide so dont mind' then you are idiots and dont deserve rights. I have my privacy to hide thank you very much. Terrorism my backside!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ATq-XHSXTuI
Originally Posted by RA Dunk
If you have nothing to hide it's not a problem really, if it helps catch more UK based terrorists then I'm all for it.

He covered that, if you don't agree with him, you're an idiot apparently
Old 11 March 2012, 11:51 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

If you are concerned about privacy of you visiting naughtynunsanddonkeys.com then you can use Tor. It very effectively hides your IP and to a certain extent if you have it on a thumb drive your history as well.

The only problem is that Tor is a murky world and it is incredibly easy to stumble across things you really, really didn't want to see.

Trending Topics

Old 11 March 2012, 12:37 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I think we should start emailing each other about Bombs and such things.

See what happens.............
Old 11 March 2012, 12:48 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If it gets too bad, then i'll just sign up to a vpn provider, all my traffic will tunnel through that so no comeback.

Not that im dodgy of course, just hate being watched.

http://strongvpn.com/

Last edited by hux309; 11 March 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 12:52 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Anti Terrorism my ar$e. They want to concentrate on our borders instead of finding new ways of snooping on ordinary folks
Old 11 March 2012, 01:26 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
He covered that, if you don't agree with him, you're an idiot apparently
LoL!! Apparently I am.
Old 11 March 2012, 01:30 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

This is something that puzzles me. The modern state is willing to arbitrarily hack away natural rights such as right to privacy, but falls over itself to award other rights such right to health care etc, right to other welfare, right to gay marriage, etc etc.

It seems like right which minimise government are eroded, but rights that mean the government must increase are awarded.

Or from another POV the right of 'society' is greater than the right of the individual. So now we have crosses possibly banned at work so that certain minorities cannot be 'offended'.
Old 11 March 2012, 02:15 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful

Or from another POV the right of 'society' is greater than the right of the individual. So now we have crosses possibly banned at work so that certain minorities cannot be 'offended'.
Pissing off the majority to please the minority is always a good idea, NOT!
Old 11 March 2012, 03:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

The test for the dreaded ones here is how much you trust yourself. Do you think out of millions of people in the mighty Great Britain, the Government that comes to know that you were walking around with screwed up face gives a toss about on which location you eventually did have a dump? One has to be of some importance for them to be investing their time into i.e. a criminal or so. Let the sky fall if it is to fall. Until then, sit back and relax. Once it is fallen, treat it like a red carpet and walk like a king on it. Stay chilled. All isn’t lost.

So now we have crosses possibly banned at work so that certain minorities cannot be 'offended'.
I'm not a Christian, and I am a minority ethnic. For years, I have worn a cross around my neck when I felt like it. Hope that doesn't offend anyone. I don't wear a cross because its longer vertical part guides the spectator's eyes to the bosom M1, or because I am a wannabe Christian. What it is that I take the crucifix as a symbol of the ultimate sacrifice, which is kind of cool. I do take all my jewellery off (including my Afro-aboriginie bangles and Hindu rings) to perform certain tasks if they come in a way of my work. That's just common sense. Nothing to do with offending myself or anyone else.

On banning decorations/put ons (religious or not), I was amazed to meet a caucasian police woman with **** loads of "slap-on" all over her face! I seriously thought it was against the security of the country. What if a terroist puts buckets loads of slap-on and tried to look like her, because no one knows what the copper woman really looks like. I reckon too much make-up for women should be banned in favour of detecting terrorism.
Old 11 March 2012, 03:34 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

That's because the 'intellectual' class in this country and those with influence revel in the misguided notion that they promote diversity; an idea that no doubt lets them climb the social ladder and feel good about themselves. They ought to look up 'diversity' in the dictionary, as they seem to be confusing it with its polar opposite, uniformity.
Old 11 March 2012, 03:52 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

You said it! That is the reason why the law thinks of banning crosses i.e. to please the collective majority of other faiths, and to p!ss off the fistful minirity of the Christians "Christians".

Christians are a minoriy regardless of what one ticked on the Census thingy. In reality, there aren't many Christians knocking about. Most churches and chapels have been converted into the houses and other non-worshipping premises. I used to live in one. There was another redundant one in the village, which was so badly abused by the Christian heritage vandals that I often thought of buying it, doing it back up as a Jesus worship place, and bribe people in with some samosas and a disco. See, Christ's own have let Him down. As a result, the number of real Christians is less than the number of no-base Christian heritage flutterers. Flutterers mean the ones that are fluttering about in the wind like an autumn leaf with no direction whatsoever. With no faith in beggerall, they don't know what they frikking want. They have a problem with other communal faiths because they don't have one, nor do they understand what it means to have one.

Last edited by Turbohot; 11 March 2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 05:36 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
You said it! That is the reason why the law thinks of banning crosses i.e. to please the collective majority of other faiths, and to p!ss off the fistful minirity of the Christians "Christians".

Christians are a minoriy regardless of what one ticked on the Census thingy. In reality, there aren't many Christians knocking about. Most churches and chapels have been converted into the houses and other non-worshipping premises. I used to live in one. There was another redundant one in the village, which was so badly abused by the Christian heritage vandals that I often thought of buying it, doing it back up as a Jesus worship place, and bribe people in with some samosas and a disco. See, Christ's own have let Him down. As a result, the number of real Christians is less than the number of no-base Christian heritage flutterers. Flutterers mean the ones that are fluttering about in the wind like an autumn leaf with no direction whatsoever. With no faith in beggerall, they don't know what they frikking want. They have a problem with other communal faiths because they don't have one, nor do they understand what it means to have one.
Hmm I can't help but think that is a dig at Christianity and the majority of the long time residents of the UK by not being devout followers of religion?
Old 11 March 2012, 05:47 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

By the way, this law debate regarding crosses isn't about banning them, it's about whether the state can force employers to allow you to wear crosses. Two very different things, and I would say the state doesn't as long as it applies equally to all religions, which is won't. Can you imagine the government telling employers they are free to tell their Muslim (insert other minority group here) workers what they can and cannot wear? Not a chance in hell, and Christianity is singled out for different treatment because a cross isn't a 'requirement of the faith', apparently. What a load of bollocks dreamed up by human rights lawyers - aka parasites.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 11 March 2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11 March 2012, 05:48 PM
DonNedly
Scooby Regular

ha ha ha.
like they don't already record all your emails, texts and online activity.
What do you think they are doing at gchq.
Old 11 March 2012, 06:13 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

So now we have crosses possibly banned at work so that certain minorities cannot be 'offended'.
They can get stuffed. I never take my cross off, ever. If it offends anyone, tough tittie. And if anyone ever asked me to remove it, I will not print here what I would say to them
Old 11 March 2012, 07:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hmm I can't help but think that is a dig at Christianity and the majority of the long time residents of the UK by not being devout followers of religion?

Not a dig or anything personal. Dig is sly. I said it as it is. And yes, long term or so-called British Christian heritage people are the enemy to their own Christian status. Majority doesn't believe in any religion or religious teachings including their own i.e. Christianity. In my opinion, someone skipping Sunday attendence at the church isn't something to name her/him as a non-Christian, but lack of faith and respect for Chritianity is. That puts Christian people in the UK in minorty. That's what my observation and my experience tells me. Hope that clarifies.
Old 11 March 2012, 08:55 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I went to Church every Sunday for years, right up till I was about 15-16 I think, then I was given the 'choice' if I wished to continue going after that age.

Unlike other religions where people are brainwashed from a very young age and continue to be through their adult life.

I would rather be 'without direction' as you kindly put it than brainwashed, unless someone comes up with some kind of hard evidence that there actually is a God (my one not yours) then I will continue to be 'without direction' untill proven wrong, after all I don't want to waste my time praying to someone who is about proven as the tooth fairy.
Old 11 March 2012, 09:09 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I went to Church every Sunday for years, right up till I was about 15-16 I think, then I was given the 'choice' if I wished to continue going after that age.

Unlike other religions where people are brainwashed from a very young age and continue to be through their adult life.

I would rather be 'without direction' as you kindly put it than brainwashed, unless someone comes up with some kind of hard evidence that there actually is a God (my one not yours) then I will continue to be 'without direction' untill proven wrong, after all I don't want to waste my time praying to someone who is about proven as the tooth fairy.

Okaydocky.

So, are you a non-Christian or do you call yourself a Christian?
Old 11 March 2012, 09:31 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

For crying out loud. Misplaced arrogance and conceit over religion is much of the problem.
Old 11 March 2012, 10:17 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

They have been watching for 15 years. My issue is back in the day it was only the boys in suits who were watching. Sooner or later its going to be your local council etc etc. The police already have access to reams of data they hardly knew existed 5 years ago. For me, giving people like the police, ukba, c&e etc access is over stepping the line.

The police in particular have been given way too much information and access to equipment that should only be in the hands of people who deal with national and international issues. The police have said they wont use it unless its a major incident but are they going to spend millions on gear and let it gather duse? Give me a break!
Old 11 March 2012, 10:22 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Okaydocky.

So, are you a non-Christian or do you call yourself a Christian?
Christian, non practising offcourse.
Old 12 March 2012, 12:32 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Christian, non practising offcourse.

Thank you.

I thought for one to be a Christian (practising or a non-practising), one would have a belief in, or a relationship with Jesus Christ, who, as you say, could just be a tooth fairy for what you know atm- until proven real, of course. In that case, I wonder what your thoughts are on the crucifix itself. You must believe more in Him or in His cross than what you say, to get unhappy with the mention of the crosses to be banned; to please the minorities. Or, was it the minorities you are against, may it be a Jesus's cross or a can of Coca Cola.

Anyway, doesn't matter. Forget it.

Going back to the "minority" talk (that was the central point of this discussion; away from the thread topic; as per Tony's other POV) there are more "non-practising" ones (a per your Christian being) than the pratising or the believing ones with the real trust in God. May it be rightly or wrongly. The day the Jesus Christ devotees grow in number, the strength of Christianity will also grow with it. Chritianity will start moving from minority to majority and from weak to strong again in this country. Then, the crosses in the context here won't be objected upon or banned, beacause the Chritian voices will be louder and more volumious to stop that from happening.

To recapulate, on the "choice", I am pleased to know that you were "given" the choice after 15 or 16. I possessed the right to my choice since I started to teeth. I am also pleased that the liberal minded peeps I grew among supported me with my choices and didn't ram anything down my throat. About having a dig at Chritianity (as you say in one of your posts above) I certainly commented over the current, very fragile state of Chritianity in the UK, but I didn't have a dig at the Chritianity at all. Having had this conversation with you, I am not surprised at what you derived from my post.

About my God and your God, let me enlighten you that my God lives in all Gods and vice versa. So, I am cool with everybody's God.

Back on the track, As billythekid says, I do believe that the Police have been practising their right to access all areas everywhere including the internals of the internet, anyway. CRBs have been massively tightened. Now the new additional watching will cost millions. Ah, well. All go, innit?
Old 12 March 2012, 11:05 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Post up your last 12 months of credit card and bank statements then.
Old 12 March 2012, 11:44 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Beef
Post up your last 12 months of credit card and bank statements then.
If your willing to take over the payments and debt no problem.
Old 12 March 2012, 11:52 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

If your willing to take over the payments and debt no problem.
Oh no, don't want to do that - I just want to have a look.