Human rights gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2012, 02:45 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Human rights gone wrong

Did anyone watch this on bbc 2 last night? Interesting to see that Countries such as Germany, Italy and France routinely ignore the rulings that that they find inconvenient, and Russia just ignores the echr altogether. Yet the UK accepts every judgement made even when it overules our own parliament.

Also they had axe murderer John Hirst on celebrating on winning the right for prisoners to vote.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKsLcxJ2shU&feature=fvsr
Old 15 March 2012, 03:04 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The country is ****ed! Normal common sense is ignored because politicians must be seen to be PC.

In my book if you contravene someones human rights you instantly forgo your own!

How the bloody hell can we let a convicted axe murderer have the same rights as me or you is plain wrong!
Old 17 March 2012, 02:26 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I keep wondering what our leaders have been promised should they ever succeed in throwing us to the Euro wolves!

Les
Old 17 March 2012, 02:33 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I'm coming to the conclusion that our politicians obey everything that the EC throws at us in order to get the population to hate the EC more than we hate our own politicuans.

It seems to be working
Old 17 March 2012, 02:49 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Written with good intentions albeit abused by the few ... Just give it an update to write out the loopholes.

TX.
Old 17 March 2012, 03:07 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At the end he was trying to make the argument for human rights in this country against the people who say we don't need them. The argument was basically that there is nothing in law that aims to guarantee such rights. That's a load of crap, in my opinion. Our legal and political environment is such that it has been giving the individual more rights progressively for many hundreds of years. Whether particular elements are enshrined in law or not is irrelevant when the current reality of the way we live in this country includes those elements. If individual rights are going to be violated, they'll br violated whether they're in writing or not.

Which brings me on to their sole positive purpose. They're irelevant in two important ways and only of slight importance in one. The first two include the fact that in this country they are not necessary full stop, as I've already said above. In Britain we had a political reality which included human rights before they came along, regardless of the particulars enshrined in law. So they're completely unnecessary here.

They're also completely unnecessary in countries where individual rights are not even considered, and where they are completely ignored. In such countries they are again pointless.

Their only slight significance is in countries that, for whatever reason, we can apply a bit of political pressure to and perhaps improve the situation of rights slightly.

That, in my opinion, can't come close to justifying the massive gravy train associated with human rights. One last thing: that human lawyer he interviewed was an utter ****. So was that scumbag murdered - sorry, manslaughter - that should have been put down long ago.
Old 17 March 2012, 03:08 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*murderer
Old 17 March 2012, 03:08 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This country as had its ***** cut off and grown a pair of ***** lips..

Too much PC and Pampering,and Human Rights abused.
Old 17 March 2012, 03:14 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Written with good intentions albeit abused by the few ... Just give it an update to write out the loopholes.

TX.
+1