Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2012, 12:02 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirty scummy theives at Evans Halshaw crown hill

TO keep a story simple.

1. Fault on corsa auto box discovered.
2. Depsite me adivsing against it, was taken to crown hill vauxhall.
3. They diagnosed loose connection charged £35 to unplug and plud back in a cable.
4. fault still not fixed so they charge over £600 for gearbox ECU
5. Fault still not fixed so they refused to refund the ECU price and claimed car needed new gear box and £2500.
6. Car taken to another garage diagnosed low oil level in gear box and fixed for the cost of transmission fluid.
7. Court papers prepared to crown hill vauxhall for refund of £600 for part that did not need ot be changed.
Old 09 April 2012, 12:06 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I would not buy another Vauxhall due to the rubbish stealerships

Good luck with getting your money back and please update.
Old 09 April 2012, 12:20 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can totally sympathise with you as a friend of mine is in dispute with his Citroen dealership & the issues have been going on for a year or so due to what can only be described as total numpty negligence & we wash our hands attitude of this car. unbelievable!

Hope you come out on top mate as it is just hassle you do not need
Old 09 April 2012, 12:23 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Subscribed for entertainment value.
Old 09 April 2012, 12:26 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

this crown hill in milton keynes? I don't they they have EVER been good..
Old 09 April 2012, 12:27 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

the problem is there fitters not mechanics, they are tought to plug inn diagnose look at tsb's, as soon as nothing shows fault code wise were its a mechanical failure they just mass diagnose and move on

ive had it time and time again from all dealerships, they have actually made me damn good money as i buy the cars and repair them normally easily
Old 09 April 2012, 12:40 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Somebody has made a BOO BOO at that place,wouldn't trust them to repair a remote control toy car from the sounds of it..
Old 09 April 2012, 12:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You could always complain to the manufacturer. It might do some good.

Les
Old 09 April 2012, 12:44 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Must be a thing with vauxhall dealers, had fun with the GF corsa when she took it to Wilson and Co in Bolton. Car had died (needed a new coil pack - as diagnosed by the recovery person and a really common fault on Corsa).
Wilson and Co supposdly did 1 hour diagnostic at £80 per hour then contacted us to say need another 1/2 hour to diagnose. Had discussions with them on a busy Sat and they agreed to another 1/2 hour free and then came back with needs a coil pack. OK agreed to that and price of parts etc.
Told car would be ready Mon, Tue had missed call on phone as car needs further diagnostics as coil pack has not fixed problem ! Rang them and
Lol never at one point would they tell me the exact sympton of whats wrong with car after fitted coil pack, but they reconned it needed a EGR vale and a maf sensor ! And this is afer them diagnosing the fault in the first place, I did suggest that as they had mis diagnosed the fault in the first place might come to some kind of agreement ie not pay for parts but pay for labour, or which ever way they liked. They did not agree to this, After this got into a bit of an exchange with suppsoed mechanic who thought could pull the wool over peoples eyes etc, and told them that I though they where trying to blatently run the bill up and where just changing parts to try and fix the car instead of diagnosing it in the first place etc. Which had supposdly paid for.

Told them not to bother and would take it to an independant for a check over. Got it to friend who independant who says its all ok, just needs a oil and filter change and good run on the motorway a bit more often.
Oh and we did laugh at Wilson and Co's list of what wrong with the car, there list came to over £800 but made up of item such as brake pads 50% worn.
Definately a bunch of con artists and lol the mechanic there does dont seem to like me.

Richard
Old 09 April 2012, 12:52 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK

Somebody has made a BOO BOO at that place,wouldn't trust them to repair a remote control toy car from the sounds of it..
To be honest thats a condensed version, on another occasion they had the car in for a recall and broke the headlight switch in the process , they then tried to claim that it was broken when it came in, untill it was pointed out that it was driven in to them in the dark with the lights on. THis is not my car by the way, my sisters and yes I told ger don't by a ****ty ****ing vauxhall but women are thick.
As a side point don't even get me started on the BMW dealer who dropped off a hire car as a courtesy car with 3/4 of a tank of fuel. I forget what car it was but it was deemed to ****ty by my dad to drive so he left it there on the drive and used anouther one of his cars and did not evern sit in the hire car. When it was picked up by the hire company billed for the tank not being full it was only their own delivery guys mileage report proving that the car had not moved that solved that isssue.
Old 09 April 2012, 07:19 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Yes, good old Vauxhall dealers. My woes were when the broke a phone kit I had fitted and denied it. When I kicked off they bent the wiper arm so that when it rained the arm touched the windscreen and scribed an arc in the glass. I told the service manager about it in front of his customers "which one of your monkeys was working on my car as that's the sort of thing I expect at Longleat", he wasn't impressed. Luckily, they went out of business a year or two later.
Old 09 April 2012, 07:44 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

i stopped going to main dealers after one service manager looked me in the eye and in a low serious voice (i thought he was going to tell my main bearings were gone) said the clutch peddle rubber was worn on one side

I bought one in Halfords for £2.98, and amazingly fitted it in the car park in under 3 minutes

I shudder to think what the VAG dealer wanted to charge me
Old 09 April 2012, 07:45 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

double post
Old 09 April 2012, 10:20 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I had a CEL on my Saab - a visit to the local stealer

After huffing and puffing they informed me it would be £54 ex vat for 30 mins of diagnostery...

So never short of missing a trick i asked for the drive off dead locking to be reenabled...

To which i was haughtily told... they may not have time...

To which i replied, "It takes 3 minutes to hook up and read the output codes, so how do you justify the remaining 27 minutes of time that your charging me for"

Suffice to say the codes were read, and the locking function turned on....

And what did i get for my £54 ex

It could be either the MAP or the MAF... £80 or £120 ex and we can fit them for you for a further quarter of an hours labour...

I asked which was the fault...to which they replied they couldnt tell, but as the puter, said MAF or MAP they would replace both.

She took umbridge when i questioned the credibility of there master technicians, if there sum total of experiance was to blindly replace parts because the computer said so. Where was the diagnotic investigation to proove which was actually the defective part, and more to the point i didnt want to know what was the defective part, i wanted to be told what had caused the fault, and how they would fix that.

Suffice to say they couldnt answer that.

That was 4 years ago.... i didnt pay to have the work done lol. Since then ive cleaned the MAF, & the MAP, ( the MAP was well oiled up) and the car has been running fine since.

Mart