Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ex employer problems

Search this Thread

Old 01 May 2012, 09:56 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ex employer problems

Went to collect a car and tool boxes/tools from an ex employer today, basically we had arranged this morning for me to collect and upon arriving he told me I could not have my car or tools and told me to get off his land, I phoned the police and when they arrived they were quite helpful up to a point, got the car back minus plug leads, not a problem but was quite childish I thought, when I went to get my tool boxes at least half of my tools were missing, I was pretty angry about this and made this known to the police, they asked my old employer if he knew where they were and he said no and they told me there is nothing they can do about it and it is a civil matter
I know exactly what is missing but don't have receipts for most of it as have had alot of the tools for a very long time and inherited some of them from my father, apart from feeling very angry and wanting to just go back down there and give him a good slap I'm really not sure what else to do, I am gutted to say the least, don't really have the money to pay a solicitor for advice at the moment but wondered if any of you have had a similar situation and if you managed to resolve it, how?
Old 01 May 2012, 10:06 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Have you thought of smashing his face in??..Sounds like a right ****
Old 01 May 2012, 10:11 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Revenge is best served cold, leave it a while then tuck him up.

TX.
Old 01 May 2012, 10:14 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley
Have you thought of smashing his face in??..Sounds like a right ****

Been sat here all day thinking of nothing else , been doing some research on google and just doesn't seem to be alot I can do, I can't prove he had them so I don't really have a leg to stand on , to top it off I couldn't find one of my top chest's and found it in the other workshop being used by one of his new mechanics, in all fairness the bloke emptied it without arguing, if he had said it was his the police would of let him keep it, We did have a bit of an argument before the police arrived and they have warned me not to go back down there, really just wanted to collect my stuff and move on but he is intent on dragging this out.
Old 01 May 2012, 10:17 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I think your old employer might be worser off with no job and probably nicked your tools to sell on to pay for his morgatge lol
Unless you can proove he has/taken your tools there not much you can do

Apart from kick his head in if it makes you feel any better but after that you may still not have your tools
Old 01 May 2012, 10:31 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Someone with less control would just pay a bag head £20 to go f?ck up the cars at his garage....
Old 01 May 2012, 10:49 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

If you do decide to lamp him one, choose a lump of ice as your weapon of choice. Obviously when he's alone. No evidence, no crime. Trust me.

Trending Topics

Old 01 May 2012, 10:54 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
If you do decide to lamp him one, choose a lump of ice as your weapon of choice. Obviously when he's alone. No evidence, no crime. Trust me.
No CCTV.
Old 01 May 2012, 11:07 PM
JohnSmith
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Just a random quote on the internet suggesting an offence LOL
Old 01 May 2012, 11:15 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by WildPikey
when I went to get my tool boxes at least half of my tools were missing, I was pretty angry about this and made this known to the police, they asked my old employer if he knew where they were and he said no and they told me there is nothing they can do about it and it is a civil matter
This seems to be the response of the Police, more and more.
Oh, your Husband has his throat cut, did you do it missus. No Officer. Well, there is nothing we can do, it's a civil matter. Christ
Old 01 May 2012, 11:23 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

I say we just take off and nuke the entire site from orbit!

Or

Calling Astraboy
Old 01 May 2012, 11:36 PM
prodriverules
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would leave it a couple of months so he thinks that he has one on you and then meet him outside while he locks up one night to knock him out.
Old 02 May 2012, 01:32 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

CAB or better, legal advice that comes with home contents insurance, or maybe a £5 fixed fee legal advice meeting.

Theft is a criminal offence, so the threat of a formal complaint will hopefully get them moving.

Better to frighten him than hurt him (as thisll give you leverage, which you need to get you tools back), but if you do then dont tell anyone, ever.

What a c*nt, eh?
Old 02 May 2012, 07:27 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

If you go down the beating route make sure your on holiday abroad while someone you don't know does it
Old 02 May 2012, 09:01 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Why don't you ruin the reputation of his garage?

surely hitting his cash flow will hurt most?
Old 02 May 2012, 09:01 AM
Blue and Gold
Scooby Regular

Old 02 May 2012, 09:09 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue and Gold

Which is incredibly easy to do these days with social media.

A few twitter tweets and a few comments on facebook can spread like wildfire, or a blog. You could even name him on a SN thread saying Garage X is a thief and it won't take long to make it on to google, you could even submit it to Google yourself.

It depends how far you want to take things.

You could go as far as taking out a Groupon offer which they could not afford to run, so they are inundated with business they have to turn away or fulfil whlst losing money
Old 02 May 2012, 09:16 AM
steviefastbikes
Scooby Regular

I had similar thing happen to me once.
Old fart i used to spanner for wouldnt give me access to get my toolboxes out.luckily they were locked up when i left.
I sat outside the reception and told every customer coming up to the garage what he charged them for and what they actually had done.
Had my boxes back in less than four hours and did his rep irrepairable damage.
Old 02 May 2012, 10:10 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IWatkins
I say we just take off and nuke the entire site from orbit!

Or

Calling Astraboy
Well howdy.

The first step must be psychological, so try calling the local mortuary and reporting him dead. If he's married why not arrange to have the 'body' picked up when you know he's out and his wife is in.

Then, why become his social secretary? business cards are cheap to produce,so why some made up with his name and number on and head down to the local red light district and pass them round? Don't be homophobic, make sure the rent boys get some too, make sure you add 'call me anytime' when you pass them over.

astraboy.
Old 02 May 2012, 03:08 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

Some of the ideas in this thread have cheered me up a bit In hindsight I wish I had locked my boxes but walked out and said I would return later to get them and didn't As for his reputation, it's mud anyway, It really is poor, there are so many bad reviews on google and he just has no morals, wants to rip everyone off all the time, It's the main reason why I left, I was head mechanic and the fingers were always pointing at me and I had to deal with unhappy customers knowing what he was up to, I have never worked anywhere like that in my life, I have probably 18-20 loyal customers who follow me where ever I go due to being honest and doing a good job, rep is everything but working at this place nearly ruined it, everything was bodged and half the mechanics he had working there didn't know their ***** from their elbows, the place is a joke, I would of been quite happy to just get my tools and move on and put it down to bad experience but he really has a grudge against me now, thing that made me laugh most is when I went there, there were cars I hadn't finished working on still in the same place as his other mechanics don't know what they are doing, these were his own cars for sale though, not customers.
Old 02 May 2012, 06:10 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Astraboy, revenge expert since the turn of the century.
Old 02 May 2012, 06:13 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

dont get mad, just get even
Old 02 May 2012, 06:39 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go out and buy some new tools and put the bill on the company account if you can do that,had a mate who did this once when he lost his building tools,spirit levels etc,so he went to the builders yard and replaced them on the company account...
Old 02 May 2012, 07:05 PM
Truss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
Well howdy.

The first step must be psychological, so try calling the local mortuary and reporting him dead. If he's married why not arrange to have the 'body' picked up when you know he's out and his wife is in.

Then, why become his social secretary? business cards are cheap to produce,so why some made up with his name and number on and head down to the local red light district and pass them round? Don't be homophobic, make sure the rent boys get some too, make sure you add 'call me anytime' when you pass them over.

astraboy.
the reporting him dead one is genius!
Old 02 May 2012, 07:18 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Drive by his forecourt with a latex glove full of nitromors, and throw!
Old 02 May 2012, 08:30 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Buy Snap On and pay the extra quid per tool to have it laser etched with your name

That way there can never be a dispute as to who own what

Mart
Old 02 May 2012, 08:38 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

thats so out of order

i know how much money and time i spent paying off snap-on for tools over the years - was like a child in a sweet shop in that van.
why cant you just go down and take whats yours? have you not etched your tools atall, thats always first thing we did, to eliminate any potential issues.
Old 02 May 2012, 09:53 PM
WildPikey
Scooby Regular

I should etched them but never had to if you know what I mean, I'm a tight bugger when it comes to my tools and wouldn't lend anyone anything decent, I actually have a box full of cheap Crap that I lend people lol, The police have warned me away from there and have said they cannot do anything, it's partly my own fault as I should of had my tools etched and boxes locked, everyone I know keeps saying "at least you got your boxes back" trouble is the tools that went missing were worth more.
Old 02 May 2012, 10:01 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

total sh*t scenario, if hes genuinley stolen them!

its an underhand tactic without consequence for him,

maybe you could use similar tactics as a retort?
Old 02 May 2012, 10:14 PM
bigfootjim76
Scooby Regular

lots of keyboard heros on here tonight lol

right start at the beginning write down all that has happened and what was said by police, ex boss, and guy who had your box, try to do it in the 3rd person and be sure of what your saying is correct.

make an appointment at your local CAB and see what they say and go from there.

but as said before lesson learned always mark your stuff, i only lend my tools to people i trust and if it goes missing as it did a while ago on an event, the boss knows i will be on the phone ordering a new one in the morning on his account!

btw i believe in karma, so what goes around comes around

good luck fella

Quick Reply: Ex employer problems