Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fly-by over Woking

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2012, 02:26 PM
Disco Boy 2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly-by over Woking

We were entertained by a number of military aircraft flying over Woking around midday, including the Red Arrows. Some of the aircraft were flying in a 60 formation, others in an ER formation. Any idea where they were going?
Old 19 May 2012, 02:57 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

Winsdor
Old 19 May 2012, 05:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Aye, for the old bat's do.....but there's no money anywhere for anyone else, and we are all in it together......apparently.
Old 19 May 2012, 05:28 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Aye, for the old bat's do.....but there's no money anywhere for anyone else, and we are all in it together......apparently.
theres always money, just not for things like jobs or pensions,

but its always available for single events like the above or olympics/commonwealth games ect

having said that i woudve enjoyed that display lol, i think its very impressive to watch tbh
Old 19 May 2012, 06:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

They were flying over us earlier, waves of early prop planes

makes you thing waht it must have been like in the war lol

Mart
Old 19 May 2012, 07:03 PM
Dave Hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Royal Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford.
Old 20 May 2012, 12:59 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I watched it on TV this morning. Thought it was great. I think the pomp and ceremony of this Country is the only thing left to be proud of. The Queen, considering her age, did so well as it was a long do.
The ER fly past was amazing

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2012, 02:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I watched the whole celebration as well and like Lee I thought it was very well done.

I regard it as an excellent way to show our respect for a person who has dedicated her whole life to this country for such a long time, she even joined the Armed Services during WW2 so that she and her sister could do their bit even though there was no pressure on them to do so. It is worth remembering that she has always demonstrated the highest moral character as well and has never done anything which can be regarded as wrong in any way.

It is also an indication of her Family's sense of duty when one thinks back to her parents who during WW2 deliberately remained living in London while it was being bombed in order to show solidarity with the people of the Capital who were being subjected to Hitler's continued bombing invasion. They toured around the city also to talk to and support the members of the public who had been bombed. They could so easily have moved to a safer part of the country but refused to do so.

We should never lose sight of the importance of the Royal Family to this country and the example which they have set to the rest of us.

Not worth trying to find individuals who have been less upright in their lives, it does not prove a thing!

Les
Old 20 May 2012, 03:08 PM
Gus M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I watched the whole celebration as well and like Lee I thought it was very well done.

I regard it as an excellent way to show our respect for a person who has dedicated her whole life to this country for such a long time, she even joined the Armed Services during WW2 so that she and her sister could do their bit even though there was no pressure on them to do so. It is worth remembering that she has always demonstrated the highest moral character as well and has never done anything which can be regarded as wrong in any way.

It is also an indication of her Family's sense of duty when one thinks back to her parents who during WW2 deliberately remained living in London while it was being bombed in order to show solidarity with the people of the Capital who were being subjected to Hitler's continued bombing invasion. They toured around the city also to talk to and support the members of the public who had been bombed. They could so easily have moved to a safer part of the country but refused to do so.

We should never lose sight of the importance of the Royal Family to this country and the example which they have set to the rest of us.

Not worth trying to find individuals who have been less upright in their lives, it does not prove a thing!

Les
Yes the Royals are the epitome of good,upstanding,moral,ethical,incorruptible family values.
Old 20 May 2012, 05:52 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

I am of the opinion that the monarchy should be abolished, we are a democracy and should have an elected head of state, not someone who is just born into the position, that shouldn't be a factor in this day and age.
Old 21 May 2012, 05:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gus M
Yes the Royals are the epitome of good,upstanding,moral,ethical,incorruptible family values.
Yes I am sure you realise from my post that I was talking about the Queen herself and also her own parents. I think it is worth making that clear after your input.

Les
Old 21 May 2012, 07:18 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell you what i did see, something that looked like either a b1 bomber or a Tu160 down this way today.

It was at a distance so i could have been mistaken, but never seen anything like it in the sky until today.