Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bank Of Dave!

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2012, 12:43 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bank Of Dave!

Anyone watch this last night? Thought it was quite entertaining and hats off to the guy for what he is trying to do. Banking the old school way

I found it really touching that he let one of the local kids sit in the drivers seat of his Ferrari F430 Spider and then told him that if he works hard in life and applies himself then one day he could also have one of these of his own. Exactly the right sort of message we want to instill in todays children

www.channel4.com/programmes/bank-of-dave
Old 13 July 2012, 12:55 PM
Bristol98
Scooby Regular

Yup, watched it, thought it was a brilliant idea. Couldn't believe all the red tape, even naming it "Bank of" without the licence and its off to jail!
Old 13 July 2012, 01:02 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

saw 3/4 of it and yeah thought hats off to the guy. Definately need more people like that both bring basic common sense to people. I wonder if he would be good going round talking to kids in school / close to leaving school age?

Richard
Old 13 July 2012, 01:54 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Yes I watched it and really enjoyed it. At first I thought he was stupid for not taking no as an answer and just open a building society. But as it went on i agreed with him, he is a self made millionare why should some ex banker tell him he's not up to the task.

Was funny when he hid the safe keys under a sheet of paper. Bet that impressed the FSA.
Old 13 July 2012, 01:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by grovesy
Was funny when he hid the safe keys under a sheet of paper. Bet that impressed the FSA.
Yeah that made me laugh too. A great programme and best of luck to him
Old 13 July 2012, 07:05 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger
Anyone watch this last night? Thought it was quite entertaining and hats off to the guy for what he is trying to do. Banking the old school way

I found it really touching that he let one of the local kids sit in the drivers seat of his Ferrari F430 Spider and then told him that if he works hard in life and applies himself then one day he could also have one of these of his own. Exactly the right sort of message we want to instill in todays children
I wasn't so impressed - seemed like a Charlatan to me, showing off with his cliche red ferrari, embarrassing man of the people stuff, huge self regard, full of BS. That's just how he came across to me.

As for what he said to the kid he basically said your material possessions define your worth; working hard to one thing, acquisitiveness another. Anyway the guy is a car salesman FFS, I wouldn't trust any of them.