Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Poll on immigrant behaviour

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2012, 09:48 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Poll on immigrant behaviour

Is it reasonable to expect longer-term visitors to a country to hold themselves to better standards of behaviour than the indigenous population?

It's not at all reasonable - vote YES
It's perfectly reasonable - vote NO

Edit:
Tried to edit the poll to sort out the silly double-negative thing, but doesn't seem to let me. So it's still clear, the 'NO' votes are saying it's reasonable to expect, the 'YES' votes are saying it's not reasonable.

Last edited by markjmd; 20 July 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 19 July 2012, 09:51 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But we have a method of ensuring we can get shot of immigrant trouble makers through deportation. We don't have that luxury with the home-grown idiots.
Old 19 July 2012, 09:52 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Or are you saying you're happy to accept these ******* and their behaviour? Interested to know why if that's the case...
Old 19 July 2012, 09:54 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

bit of a loaded question that, i've come accross some brits who are quite frankly complete tossers and shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Personaly i expect people to follow our laws and the moral norm of the country, beyond that i dont care where there from
Old 19 July 2012, 09:55 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

DCI, I think it would help a lot if you read the question a bit more carefully
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tidgy
i've come accross some brits who are quite frankly complete tossers and shouldn't be allowed to procreate
If only we could deport those *******!
paulr
Scooby Regular

They dont need us to set any expectations for them. Silly thread tbh,

Trending Topics

Old 19 July 2012, 09:57 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by markjmd
DCI, I think it would help a lot if you read the question a bit more carefully
Nice edit
Old 19 July 2012, 09:59 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Nice edit
Huh? The only edit I made was to add a hyphen in 'longer-term'.
Old 19 July 2012, 09:59 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

there does seem to be some confusion here

between Immigrants, and illegal Immigrants
Old 19 July 2012, 10:00 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Huh? The only edit I made was to add a hyphen in 'longer-term'.
Oops
Old 19 July 2012, 10:01 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

I'm with the first option.

When i emigrate and become some immigrant my behaviour will be outstandingly better than the locals.
Old 19 July 2012, 10:05 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
I'm with the first option.

When i emigrate and become some immigrant my behaviour will be outstandingly better than the locals.
Same here, because as a guest wherever it is, I'd want to do my level best not to show myself up
Old 19 July 2012, 10:06 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Strange way to phrase the question. Why not just ask if it's reasonable?

I don't think it is. One rule for the privileged and one for anyone else? Doesn't seem very fair.
Old 19 July 2012, 10:10 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Same here, because as a guest wherever it is, I'd want to do my level best not to show myself up
Apart from the driving. I would want to better the locals and then snigger at them. It's part of 'our' culture
Old 20 July 2012, 12:17 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I am beginning to believe we're already doomed.
In the last 2 months I have seen:

1.About 9:30 on a weekday morning on a main road in a nice leafy suburb which is also on a bus route used by schools a black guy in his 20's just unzips his flies & proceeds to pi** up against the hedge.

2.Queueing for petrol a Rumanian registered 3 series BMW with a family in it pulls up & the mother gets out & starts trying to sell dodgy 'gold' jewellery.

Please tell me there is still hope for this country.
Old 20 July 2012, 01:03 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I am beginning to believe we're already doomed.
In the last 2 months I have seen:

1.About 9:30 on a weekday morning on a main road in a nice leafy suburb which is also on a bus route used by schools a black guy in his 20's just unzips his flies & proceeds to pi** up against the hedge.

2.Queueing for petrol a Rumanian registered 3 series BMW with a family in it pulls up & the mother gets out & starts trying to sell dodgy 'gold' jewellery.

Please tell me there is still hope for this country.
Doomed, maybe, but I'm not sure any 'group' (foreigners or home grown) are more to blame. Here are some examples for balance, all white/british.

1. Bloke stands inside a shop just beside the till/trolley area and proceeds to sh*t his pants all over the floor and then happily just walks out of the store. No apology, no acknowledgement.

2. Within about 10 or so minutes of each other, two separate children **** on the floor, with parents nearby. Now I accept accidents happen but in one case, I alert the parent as she is leaving a trail along the floor(as he was clearly ignoring the poor girl saying she needed the toilet) and he just grabs her arm and walks away. The other, as I later found out, were standing laughing as I cleaned up the mess, not at that point knowing what it was. Now I may be living on a different planet, but in either situation, I would apologise and offer to clean it up, I certainly wouldn't just walk away, or worse laugh about it. In the latter situation, I actually quietly stopped the parents after I found out what happened, only to be told to **** off.

3. Standing in my local off licence when a pair come in trying to sell shop lifted goods, believe me, I could tell.

I could carry on with examples all night if I could be bothered. What worries me is how much more frequently I see these things. Respect is clearly going out of fashion, quickly.

Just for balance, I'll add one in that wasn't white/british, but I'm not stating what (doesn't really matter, but I rightly or wrongly would have expected better). I was in the car park outside work on my break when a car pulled up and his wife got out to go shopping. If you're lucky, he was about 6ft away, when he went to the side of the car and had a ****. Now I often just think things, but this was out of order imo, so I actually made a comment, only to be told, I shouldn't be there. A few words were exchanged (none offensive on my part) but he just couldn't see why I thought what he did was not very decent.

The odd thing is, I see a lot of poor manners, but I couldn't say any 'group' of people are worse, i.e. foreign, young, old, more 'common' etc. I'm working class, from a council estate and not that old, yet I wouldn't dream of behaving the way some people do. I just don't get some people.
Old 20 July 2012, 07:35 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
1. Bloke stands inside a shop just beside the till/trolley area and proceeds to sh*t his pants all over the floor and then happily just walks out of the store. No apology, no acknowledgement.
OK, OK .... I'm sorry.... FFS will you please stop bringing it up now, it's fecking embarrassing
Old 20 July 2012, 08:33 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Doomed, maybe, but I'm not sure any 'group' (foreigners or home grown) are more to blame. Here are some examples for balance, all white/british.

2. Within about 10 or so minutes of each other, two separate children **** on the floor, with parents nearby. Now I accept accidents happen but in one case, I alert the parent as she is leaving a trail along the floor(as he was clearly ignoring the poor girl saying she needed the toilet) and he just grabs her arm and walks away. The other, as I later found out, were standing laughing as I cleaned up the mess, not at that point knowing what it was. Now I may be living on a different planet, but in either situation, I would apologise and offer to clean it up, I certainly wouldn't just walk away, or worse laugh about it. In the latter situation, I actually quietly stopped the parents after I found out what happened, only to be told to **** off.

3. Standing in my local off licence when a pair come in trying to sell shop lifted goods, believe me, I could tell.

I could carry on with examples all night if I could be bothered. What worries me is how much more frequently I see these things. Respect is clearly going out of fashion, quickly.
Yes but these people have a right to do that, they were born here or that is what some of NSR seems to imply anyway
Old 20 July 2012, 08:37 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes but these people have a right to do that, they were born here or that is what some of NSR seems to imply anyway
What a manipulative little weasel post

How many times must people post the same information before the that acorn of a brain you have actually absorbs it. I won't retype it, as I fear you still won't understand the extremely simple concept. Maybe someone with more time will draw you a picture
Old 20 July 2012, 09:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
What a manipulative little weasel post

How many times must people post the same information before the that acorn of a brain you have actually absorbs it. I won't retype it, as I fear you still won't understand the extremely simple concept. Maybe someone with more time will draw you a picture
Your buttons are so easy to push... most fun I've had in ages
Old 20 July 2012, 09:11 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

It isn't as easy as yes and no.

I've only spent time with a polish woman who was particularly well behaved. There are a few pols where I live but they keep to themselves.

My experiences with the asian community are somewhat mixed and have only ever been attacked by asians.

My experience of my fellow brits is also somewhat mixed having seen the good and the shockingly bad.

The point is you get some good and some bad. The problem is when you meet a bad one and they are foreign that gets thrown in as a reason for their behaviour rather than the individual is just a c*nt anyway.
Old 20 July 2012, 09:54 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott
It isn't as easy as yes and no.

I've only spent time with a polish woman who was particularly well behaved. There are a few pols where I live but they keep to themselves.

My experiences with the asian community are somewhat mixed and have only ever been attacked by asians.

My experience of my fellow brits is also somewhat mixed having seen the good and the shockingly bad.

The point is you get some good and some bad. The problem is when you meet a bad one and they are foreign that gets thrown in as a reason for their behaviour rather than the individual is just a c*nt anyway.
in my first 40 years, born and growing up (drinking / clubbing / parting) in Notting Hill Gate, West London

so was exposed to a pretty eclectic ethnic mix

the only issues I ever had were with Scousers - really aggressive and nasty

and re "Asians", I spent some time in India and northern Pakistan – and a nicer, more courteous and generous people you could not hope to meet

what happens to them when they get here
Old 20 July 2012, 10:13 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

"no it's not unreasonable"?! Wtf does that even mean

Yes it's reasonable ... no it's unreasonable

TX.
Old 20 July 2012, 11:24 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

More interestingly, a poll to ask the immigrants what they think of us brits in THEIR country, when we're on the beer, causing fights, wrecking stuff and all the rest of it.

We're not held in high regard either.

Theres good and bad in everyone. We need to make ourselves squeaky clean before we can judge everyone else by our standard.
Old 20 July 2012, 11:28 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by Carlh
More interestingly, a poll to ask the immigrants what they think of us brits in THEIR country, when we're on the beer, causing fights, wrecking stuff and all the rest of it.

Theres good and bad in everyone. We need to make ourselves squeaky clean before we can judge everyone else by our standard.
But on the up-side we do spend loads of money & then f*ck off home.
Old 20 July 2012, 12:19 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

the question is whether the percentage rate of immigrant wastrels, pikeys, scum, criminals and aggravators is higher than that of the locals?

it's probably pretty similar, i'll wager. i'm against the foul elements of our society regardless of where they originated.
Old 20 July 2012, 12:24 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
in my first 40 years, born and growing up (drinking / clubbing / parting) in Notting Hill Gate, West London

so was exposed to a pretty eclectic ethnic mix

the only issues I ever had were with Scousers - really aggressive and nasty

and re "Asians", I spent some time in India and northern Pakistan – and a nicer, more courteous and generous people you could not hope to meet

what happens to them when they get here
Originally Posted by Carlh

Well said
Old 20 July 2012, 12:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Well I've lived in a couple of overseas countries and behaved myself because the cops there took a dim view of troublemakers and carried guns

dl
Old 20 July 2012, 02:49 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Your buttons are so easy to push... most fun I've had in ages
You must live a sad and lonely life then

Quick Reply: Poll on immigrant behaviour