Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

scams just get funnier and funnier

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2012, 03:15 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scams just get funnier and funnier

just recieved email.see what you lot think....

HTML MessageGood Day

I am Mr Ali Buba, Bill and Exchange manager, Bank of Africa Ouagadougou Burkina Faso. I have a profiling amount in an excess of US$18 Million, which I seek you to accommodate for me. You will be rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership. Can you handle this?

I need your assistance in transferring the sum of ($18 Million) eighteen million US Dollars into your account within 7 to 10 banking days.
This account belongs to one of our foreign customer by name, Mr Alan Williams who died along with his entire family in a plane crash some years ago. You can view the link below for more details: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/tanzania/1501084/Tycoon-dies-with-family-in-Tanzania-safari-plane-crash.html

Have it in mind that there are expenses to incur in this transaction but you and me will bear all the expenses to be incurred in this transaction. You will be rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership and 60% is for me. After the success transfer of the fund to your bank account, I will visit your country for share of the $18 million dollars, according to the percentage indicated. Reply me if interested so that I will furnished you with details information.

The transaction has to be concluded as soon as I confirm your readiness to proceed with me, I will provide you with details. Let me hear from you soon.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Mr Ali Buba
Old 22 July 2012, 03:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Seems legit..
Old 22 July 2012, 03:54 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Ali Buba
Old 22 July 2012, 04:28 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Originally Posted by Mouser
Ali Buba

Yep,ALi Buba & his 40 Thieves!
Old 22 July 2012, 04:29 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Shall you go along with it then?

Les
Old 22 July 2012, 04:31 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

oh yes indeed
Old 23 July 2012, 05:22 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

419eater?

Trending Topics

Old 23 July 2012, 05:27 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bubba
Old 23 July 2012, 05:29 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

lmfao
Old 23 July 2012, 05:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

You cynical sods! i just checked on the internet and it appears it is legit
Old 23 July 2012, 07:50 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

im just waiting for the pic of the bloke sat in his chair on the phone, you all know the one i mean,,,, hahaha
Old 23 July 2012, 07:59 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

What did you send back
Old 23 July 2012, 08:10 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I received this a couple of days ago from Friday Williams General of Police Interpol

Attention: I acknowledge the receipt of your mail to this office, This is to inform you that I have discussed with the United Bank of Africa managements regarding the wire transfer of your composition FUNDS of $3.2M so that they will wire transfer it into your provided bank account for you over there in your country united states of America the bank management board of directors assured me that your $3.2M will reflect into your bank account within the next 72hours once you are able to meet up with thier requirements, The bank management told me that it will cost you only $105 only for your total $3.2M to be set up online banking with us so that you can wire the funds online to your bank account over there, so you are advised to contact the United Bank of Africa (UBA) with your details as listed below as soon as you receive this email because they are waiting to hear from you to enable them proceed on transfer without any further delay, The bank management stated that the required $105 is the online account charges will reflect in your online banking account that you have set up with us YOUR FULL NAME: HOME ADDRESS: TELEPHONE: OCCUPATION : A COPY OF YOUR ID: The bank contact information, Bank email: [email]ubabankgroup@zing.vn Contact person: Gab Cole . Best regards, Friday Williams General.Of Police Interpol; policeduty10010@zing.vn policeduty10011@zing.vn

I'm convinced it's genuine!
Old 23 July 2012, 08:12 PM
mikeWR1
Scooby Regular

[IMG]
Old 23 July 2012, 08:40 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Alan Williams dead?.....oh no, I don`t believe it.........really, I don`t believe it
Old 23 July 2012, 09:18 PM
Peter Pan
Scooby Regular

I get them in my spam mail from time to time as well and read them for amusment, and to think that someone somewhere will be wet enough behind the ears to actually fall for it like a blind roofer!!
Old 23 July 2012, 09:36 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

i have replied saying that im really interested and what do we do next? wont take long to get a reply.
Old 24 July 2012, 03:08 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

just got this reply:

Thank you for your email in response to my proposal to you on my behalf. I quite understand and appreciate the content of your email. But I want you to understand that I have made an honest proposal to you. Before we proceed I would like to make my position Known to you in regards to the legitimacy of this Transaction.

You have my personal guarantee and Assurance that this transaction is 100% legitimate and Risk free and it would be handled under the confines of the law. I shall also require your personal Guarantee that you are someone that I can trust and confide in because I will reciprocate same to you. I am a man of 40 year old, married to one wife and three children.

Meanwhile, I would want to detail you on the fund discovery. This is not stolen money rather, an abandoned money that was discovered on our last annual audit, It belong to one of our late customers by name MR. ALAN WILLIAMS, from ENGLAND, who died years ago in a plane crash together with his family, living behind his contract sum unclaimed in our Banking Custody.

I would like us to establish a high degree of respect, Trust and confidence in ourselves because it is the Hallmark of any successful transaction. This transaction is of human and financial efforts that are required to achieve its success. You should also know that a transaction of this nature and magnitude requires a high degree of confidentiality. Have it in mind that you and me will share and bear all the expenses to be incurred in this transaction and you will be rewarded with 40% of the total sum for your partnership, 60% is for me and we both will pay for the expenses to be incurred in this transaction.

I am also here to back you up and to make sure that everything is ok. I want you to follow the advice and instructions which I will give you, for us to make progress and succeed as plan. Do not entertain any kind of fear as I will be here to give you all information which the bank will require from you. I also have a link with the Executive Governor of the Bank of Africa here but the Executive Governor of the Bank of Africa does not know of my involvement in this deal. So, follow up my instruction in order for us to make success in this transaction.

I attached in this mail, my work ID card so that you will know whom you are dealing with. Do send me your information and ID card or passport so that I will know you. You can reach me on my mobile number at (+22677005540). for further details. Hope you understand and agree to my conditions?

Find below my personal details:

Phone Number: *******(+22677005540).

Present Location: ouaga 2000, Ouagadougou Burkina Faso.

Age*** 40 years old

Work: *****Banking and Finance.

Nationality: ********Burkinabe.

Profession: ******Account/audit Manager.

Sex: ******Male

Marital status: ********Married with three children.

I await your urgent reply to enable me detail you further on how to precede. Let me hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Mr Ali Buba

N/B: FILL THIS FORM BELOW:

YOUR NAME: *********************
HOME ADDRESS: *****************
TELEPHONE AND FAX: ************
YOUR AGE: *******************

SEX: ************************
YOUR COUNTRY*****************
PROFESSION*******************
OFFICE ADDRESS ****************

Last edited by marcevs72; 24 July 2012 at 03:16 PM.
Old 24 July 2012, 03:09 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mikeWR1
[IMG]
thats the badboy picture i meant,,, hahahahaha
Old 24 July 2012, 03:14 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

looks like mr buba is also called 'Mr Bernad Olboy'