Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

We've got dog owners on here, so can some one please explain?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2012, 10:15 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink We've got dog owners on here, so can some one please explain?

Why do some dog owners pick up their pooches poo in a nice plastic bag and then leave it?
Either at the side of the path or hang it on a tree particularly in beauty spots.

I did see some where that it can take up to several hundred years for some plastic bags to degrade.

Do they think there is a dog **** fairy that comes along and cleans up?

I'm not suggesting any dog owners on here do such a thing, as I you all seem blessed with a degree of inteligence, I was just hoping some one could provide an insight.

Last edited by r32; 12 August 2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12 August 2012, 10:24 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I see bags on trees also in woods mostly, would love to know too.
Lazy gets, why bother to pick it up if your gonna leave it in a bag.
Old 12 August 2012, 10:25 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

There isn't a dog **** fairy that picks it up, but there is a guy that empties the bins. The lazy tw@ts you speak of seem to think it's the poor guy's job to clear up after them too
Old 12 August 2012, 10:27 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I see bags on trees also in woods mostly, would love to know too.
Lazy gets, why bother to pick it up if your gonna leave it in a bag.
as i do a lot of mountain biking i can tell you the reason.
they pick it up if they are in sight of others as to look like they are a responsible dog owner then as soon as they think nobody is looking chuck it in nearest hedge.

i have seen a few people do it.

to be honest i wouldnt want to walk about with a bag of ****

but your used to it moobs as you drive one (one for the fight clubbers sorry couldnt resist)
Old 12 August 2012, 10:29 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
There isn't a dog **** fairy that picks it up, but there is a guy that empties the bins. The lazy tw@ts you speak of seem to think it's the poor guy's job to clear up after them too
But it's no body's job to pick it up in the countryside.

So would you question some one if you saw them leave a bag?
Old 12 August 2012, 10:31 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by r32

i have and the look of shock that they have been rumbled is funny
Old 12 August 2012, 10:32 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
as i do a lot of mountain biking i can tell you the reason.
they pick it up if they are in sight of others as to look like they are a responsible dog owner then as soon as they think nobody is looking chuck it in nearest hedge.

i have seen a few people do it.

to be honest i wouldnt want to walk about with a bag of ****

but your used to it moobs as you drive one (one for the fight clubbers sorry couldnt resist)
Lol you tit
Yes you are very true there, why the **** have a dog then if your not responsible enough to pick it up.
I go on walks with the dog where I know there are bins nearby as I don't personally like carrying **** for long too.
Old 12 August 2012, 10:36 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Lol you tit
Yes you are very true there, why the **** have a dog then if your not responsible enough to pick it up.
I go on walks with the dog where I know there are bins nearby as I don't personally like carrying **** for long too.
they just want to appear responsible if others are around as soon as nobody is looking they dont care.

the amount of dog **** bags i see when mountain biking is unreal but also there are a fair few johnies about too so at least they are having safe sex while leaving bags of *** and **** about for me to ride through.
Old 12 August 2012, 10:52 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

I would rather they didn't pick up than leave plastics bags everywhere.

We have dogs, always pick up and bin, but they are Pugs, so not like you have to carry a sack

Mind you, a mate and I tried to highlight the problem if dog crap on the Malverns by putting a small wood and paper flag (with biohazard symbol on it) in every substantial dog turd we could find on just one path from a public car park up to the grass. We ran out of flags (200), but made a great photo for the Malvern Gazette.

Nothing worse than having a pooch nutty sprayed into your face while out MBing.
Old 12 August 2012, 11:14 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Lots of dirty people about with no sense of responsibility, the contrast with places like Holland and even Australia is immense. We're full of dirty buggers.
Old 12 August 2012, 11:45 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by r32

As a responsible dog owner, I have done so on several occasions. More often than not it's a woman, so I find that pointing out rather loudly that they've dropped something is enough to shame the lazy ***** into picking it up

The reason it's usually a woman of course being that he men will not even bother bagging it

On the other side of the coin though, our local council (Cheshire East) have recently removed a lot of bins (both dog and ordinary waste) in order to not have to pay someone to empty them

That's not stopped the tw@ts from trying to put my council tax up though
Old 13 August 2012, 12:20 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It's because they're C***s.

I used to take my son to feed the ducks at a local bird sanctuary when he was little. You couldn't MOVE for discarded polythene bread-bags. Half my time was spent collecting the ******* things up.
Old 13 August 2012, 12:26 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
On the other side of the coin though, our local council (Cheshire East) have recently removed a lot of bins (both dog and ordinary waste) in order to not have to pay someone to empty them

That's not stopped the tw@ts from trying to put my council tax up though
That's what vexes me, things like that go to **** but we still spunk 0.5 billion over 4 years on winning Olympic medals.
Old 13 August 2012, 12:37 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Oi, don't drag me into one of your anti-Olympic rants

I happen to think that has been money well spent

My council tax on the other hand, seems to be getting spunked upon improving the lifestyles of my local councillors an expenditure which I most certainly do not approve of
Old 13 August 2012, 01:59 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Some are purposely hung from trees/ bushes etc.

Makes me wonder. Seeing everywhere there is a sign saying no dog fouling and to clean up after dog etc. (nothing about domesticated cats though ) etc. But nowhere to dispose of anything (even normal bins). I'm wondering if its a protest - i.e "I've cleaned up after my dog...now what am I supposed to do witrh this bag of sh*t?"

Not that I condone it, but in spain there is a litter bin on literally every corner. Even out of town in the sticks. So why not in the UK? Itd be nice to see my rates being put to some use instead of wasting it on solar powered reduce speed signs on every bend etc.
Old 13 August 2012, 07:58 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The reason people hang the black ones from trees or simply throw them in the bushes is they are bio degradable bags and once wet after a week or so will disintegrate, people pick the poo up so as to avoid anyone stepping in it or some kid picking it up, it is actually the purpose of these biodegradable bags, so when out in a place that does not have bins you can dispose of the poo in a responsible manner as opposed to just leaving it on the floor, the reason people hang them in trees is to keep them out of the reach of children and animals, the poo dries inside and when the bag disintegrates the harmful enzymes have dissapated, and the natural order of the world is restored.

P.S i don't do this, i just know why, and i don't like to see a trail littered with them either, but it is preferable to it being littered with dog poo, i think people could be slightly more descrete about the placement of the bags.
Old 13 August 2012, 10:01 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

if you are out in the country side who gives a ****, its hardly the same as leaving it in a public park or on the pavement, if I am deep in the woods two miles from the car and a drive from a dog bin I will not be picking my dogs **** up.
Old 13 August 2012, 10:08 AM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
if you are out in the country side who gives a ****, its hardly the same as leaving it in a public park or on the pavement, if I am deep in the woods two miles from the car and a drive from a dog bin I will not be picking my dogs **** up.
and thats the problem.
lazy dog owners like YOU! leaving it for everyone else to walk or ride through
Old 13 August 2012, 11:07 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Just ask any of the wild animals that you come across if you can use their toilet, pretty sure you can flush the bags, you don't see a badger of deer pooing in a bag. Pretty sure Squirrels have composting loo's, ****ing hippies.
Old 13 August 2012, 12:00 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Poor attitude. Google neospora. I live in the countryside and always clean up after my dogs. Believe it or not, stepping in your dog's **** is just as unpleasant wherever it is.
Old 13 August 2012, 12:01 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by sprigeteer
Poor attitude. Google neospora. I live in the countryside and always clean up after my dogs. Believe it or not, stepping in your dog's **** is just as unpleasant wherever it is.
+1
Old 13 August 2012, 12:06 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Luan is you needed a dump when you are out would you just drop your load out in the open and just leaves it there for someone lucky sod to stumble upon? I hope you'd at least bury it? Why is the dogs **** different?
Old 13 August 2012, 12:57 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Last I heard, cows don't tend to be grazed in woods

What is the contagion rate of neospora in domestic dogs? Even in wild dog populations, its only something like 30% so in domestic animals where they are less likely to eat raw, infected animals, I can imagine it is far lower than that figure - perhaps even a 10th? From what I have read in the past, the actual problem is far less significant than the hype surrounding it.

Last edited by Gigsy; 13 August 2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 13 August 2012, 01:18 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gigsy
Last I heard, cows don't tend to be grazed in woods

What is the contagion rate of neospora in domestic dogs? Even in wild dog populations, its only something like 30% so in domestic animals where they are less likely to eat raw, infected animals, I can imagine it is far lower than that figure - perhaps even a 10th? From what I have read in the past, the actual problem is far less significant than the hype surrounding it.
Luan was clearly talking about the countryside in general: "if you are out in the country side who gives a ****". So I think was can safely assume he would happily leave his **** in field as long as it was over a couple of miles from his car. But I agree, the last time I checked, farmers don't routinely place large herds of cattle in woods, but do keep checking, as you never know.

Neospara is an issue, not very common admittedly, but it is a problem. It's cost the famer next to me money over the years and has made appeals to dog owners to clear up after their dogs. As far as I'm concerned the 'it's less of a problem than the newspapers/hype say' argument is pointless and only helps to support those who feel that leaving **** in the countryside is OK. It's an attitude born of ignorance. What about peadophiles? Are they not that much of an issue because of the hype is much greater than the reality of the situation?

It boils down to respect, with a bit of intelligence thrown in.
Old 13 August 2012, 01:54 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Neospara is an issue, not very common admittedly, but it is a problem. It's cost the famer next to me money over the years and has made appeals to dog owners to clear up after their dogs. As far as I'm concerned the 'it's less of a problem than the newspapers/hype say' argument is pointless and only helps to support those who feel that leaving **** in the countryside is OK. It's an attitude born of ignorance. What about peadophiles? Are they not that much of an issue because of the hype is much greater than the reality of the situation?

It boils down to respect, with a bit of intelligence thrown in.
Comparing dog faeces to pedophiles? Seriously?

I'm not debating whether dog owners should or shouldn't clear up, just that the neospara issue boils down to misreported/misused science and is simply used as a convenient stick to beat dog owners with.

Personally, if you want to clean up after your dog or if you don't, it doesn't really bother me.

I live in the country and most of the sh*t I see comes from rabbits, sheep, horses, foxes, deer, etc not to mention the cows themselves (and that's not because owners pick up after their dogs because round my way, most don't).
Old 13 August 2012, 02:03 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Gigsy;10748794]Comparing dog faeces to pedophiles? Seriously?
QUOTE]

No not seriously - you missed the point. The activities are not being compared (they are obviously different, even a **** discarding dog owner could see that). It was the fact that your original 'hype' argument is nonesense. Simply because there is hype surrounding any issue does not stop it being an issue, as I think you've admitted now.
Old 13 August 2012, 02:03 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I clean up my dogs mess if they do it in a park or on a path or basically anywhere someone else might come across it. I don't clear it up if they dump in thick undergrowth.

What gets me is where I live you have all the signs about dog fouling yet the horse brigade come along and leave horse **** everywhere, all in the roads for vehicles to throw it up and on public footpaths which are not bridleways yet get away with it. I saw some old bloke cleaning horse **** off a pavement recently outside a primary school. How considerate of that horse rider

And yes I do confront other dog owners if I see them let their dogs cr4p where someone else might walk in it. I'm just waiting to catch the horse rider riding on the public footpath where I walk my dogs as they are not permitted to be riding on it let alone covering it in horse **** for everyone else to have to walk through.

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 13 August 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 13 August 2012, 02:07 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

far worse than dog owners though are horse owners.
leave big steaming piles of **** on the roads for people to either hit or risk damage driving around it
Old 13 August 2012, 02:21 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

Horse vs Dog ..... still ****, but horse **** is basically processed grass! Dog eggs are reprocessed processed god knows what .... ok a pile of horse carp is a much bigger hurdle, but the bugs and parasites that live in a carnivours guts are potentially deadly where as i think im right in saying that herbivour carp is relatively harmless!

As for the people not picking up after theyre dog ..... makes my blood boil!

I have to ride 100m through a wood on my commute to work and the monday after a sunny sunday its impossible to not tag a dook!

When i catch someone and tell them to pick it up i always get abuse back, but once i threaten to follow them home and put it through theyre letter box they soon tow the line!

We have a small sausage dog, with pretty discreet dumpage, but the last guy i caught trying to deny all knowledge had a massive great dane mastiff style thing that had just dropped an egg of biblical proportions ..... eventually, when i did get the guy to take action he pulled out the smallest poop bag ive ever seen .... was funny as **** watching him try to get 5 kg of ****e into a 2kg bag ..... it got everyhwere!

Every morning on the ride into the woods theres a young lad walking his staffy .... never carrying a bag .... pretty sure hes an offender .... cant wait to catch that little ******!
Old 13 August 2012, 02:25 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Originally Posted by legacy_gtb
Horse vs Dog ..... still ****, but horse **** is basically processed grass! Dog eggs are reprocessed processed god knows what .... ok a pile of horse carp is a much bigger hurdle, but the bugs and parasites that live in a carnivours guts are potentially deadly where as i think im right in saying that herbivour carp is relatively harmless!

As for the people not picking up after theyre dog ..... makes my blood boil!

I have to ride 100m through a wood on my commute to work and the monday after a sunny sunday its impossible to not tag a dook!

When i catch someone and tell them to pick it up i always get abuse back, but once i threaten to follow them home and put it through theyre letter box they soon tow the line!

We have a small sausage dog, with pretty discreet dumpage, but the last guy i caught trying to deny all knowledge had a massive great dane mastiff style thing that had just dropped an egg of biblical proportions ..... eventually, when i did get the guy to take action he pulled out the smallest poop bag ive ever seen .... was funny as **** watching him try to get 5 kg of ****e into a 2kg bag ..... it got everyhwere!

Every morning on the ride into the woods theres a young lad walking his staffy .... never carrying a bag .... pretty sure hes an offender .... cant wait to catch that little ******!
lol a fellow cyclist.

the smell of a dog log on your back tyre is enough to make anyone reach, let alone if you spray it up your back.

Quick Reply: We've got dog owners on here, so can some one please explain?