Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hotels in London - Easy Access with car?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2012, 12:06 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotels in London - Easy Access with car?

Can anyone recommend a hotel in London which is easy to get to with a car from up north?

We were planning to drive down on a Friday, and home on the Sunday. On the Sunday we would be taking the sister in law to Heathrow to fly to Canada.

I've never driven in London before, so would like somewhere easy to get to if possible. I suppose getting from London to Heathrow, it may be easier going on the train with her?

Cheers
Old 06 September 2012, 12:15 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

hi chris, how close do you want to be to heathrow / the centre? and are you after a budget hotel or a decent one? such as malmaison?

ive stayed at Premier Inn, Innova Park, Enfield, Middlesex EN3 7XY

and thats pretty close to all of them, with good parking and wifi.

you should be fine driving in london on the saturday as you dont have to pay congestion charge, for the friday, ull have to pay a tenner, tbh, ive where sat nav says 10mins in london, its nearer to 30mins.. traffic is just mad. but your only going there for a few days.. so i guess it shouldnt be an issue, you dont mind paying that lil extra or waiting that bit longer.

Hope this helps

Eddy

Last edited by eggy790; 06 September 2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07 September 2012, 10:55 AM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the reply Ed

We don't need to be too close to Heathrow I've realised, as the tube goes straight there! Obviously it wouldn't hurt being nearer, but not a major factor I don't think.

We just want something we can drive straight to really without the hussle and bussle of the London traffic. Is there a tube near the hotel you stayed in?

I did forget about the congestion charge actually as well!
Old 07 September 2012, 12:04 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

the premier inn i stayed at isnt near a tube station im afraid, think it was a 15min drive. but i just drove into the centre as i was only there for a few days.

as for getting to the hotel, it was perfect, near industrial estates etc. and out of the way, no issues, with a shell just up the road, if you need v power
Old 07 September 2012, 12:19 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the Paddington express, not the Tube - bit more cash, but 15 mins straight there versus 1 hr+. You haven't answered the budget question yet e.g. the Savoy has a great underground carpark right in the centre of town, but it's monster money per night versus there's a Travel lodge on the c/o Drury Lane/Shaftesbury Avenue with an attached (pay) carpark next door. Also very central, but a fraction of the price and you'll hear every word next door...

Same goes for location - London's a big place... centre, west end , south bank, cheaper fringes, or, or?
Old 07 September 2012, 12:26 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

1 aldwych, dive to the front door and some guys will take your cases to reception and then hop in your car and go park it for you. Alternatively the park lane shearatons car park is right opposite the entrance tot he hotel.
Old 07 September 2012, 12:28 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I'd be inclined to find a reasonable hotel to the West of London (sorry can't help with names), dump the car and use the tube/cab for central London and Heathrow on the Sunday. Won't many hotels be full of paralympic people?

dl

Trending Topics

Old 07 September 2012, 12:56 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Hotels are pretty empty right now Olympics/paralympics have not been the boon that everyone was expecting as most of the business visitors were scared away
Old 07 September 2012, 12:58 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fat Boy
Get the Paddington express, not the Tube - bit more cash, but 15 mins straight there versus 1 hr+. You haven't answered the budget question yet e.g. the Savoy has a great underground carpark right in the centre of town, but it's monster money per night versus there's a Travel lodge on the c/o Drury Lane/Shaftesbury Avenue with an attached (pay) carpark next door. Also very central, but a fraction of the price and you'll hear every word next door...

Same goes for location - London's a big place... centre, west end , south bank, cheaper fringes, or, or?
Heathrow Express from Paddington....

Buy tickets online in advance though. Saves a few quid.

5t.
Old 07 September 2012, 06:25 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Whatever - the name of the train is the least of his problems until he knows where he's staying - if it's the Savoy then he probably won't worry about a couple of quid online saving
Old 07 September 2012, 07:28 PM
chrisdicko
Scooby Regular

lol, I can't afford the Savoy or the likes really. More in the region of £150/night/room territory!

I think West london will be the best, but also somewhere easy to get to without the hassle of 'london traffic'.

Thanks for the tip on getting the Heathrow Express too, as we were going to get the tube which I read was around an hour