Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2012, 02:20 PM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused.com's motormate

http://www.confused.com/car-insurance/motormate

anybody using / thinking about using it ???

I saw it adverted on the weekly moneysavingexpert e-mail and took a wee look at it, so far I haven't downloaded it but may do later this evening at home. It appears to track your driving and tell you how good or bad you but I was wondering if there was any background big brother type stuff going on with it. It seems a good wee app and after 20 miles you get a free phone cradle and charger and then after 250 miles you get £25 cashback and then a further £25 if you take out insurance with Confused

Anybody any feedback on this ?

windyboy
Old 06 September 2012, 03:07 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I imagine all the insurance companies will swap that data as people swap from insurance to insurance.

I would also imagine, being the way of the world that once people do start using it, it will be compulsory to use it or they wont insure you.

Bearing in mind, your GPS is getting tracked no doubt, so once that gets sold onto companies, they'll know your daily route to work, which means advertising. The council will know where you park and if its free and lots of people park there too, they have something to target to squeeze some money out of you.

It is big brother, but what is new. We already have more cameras in the UK than people.