Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pakistan the most deranged country on the planet?

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2012, 07:53 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Thumbs down Pakistan the most deranged country on the planet?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19498970

It beggars belief not only are they the most corrupt nation on the planet but they also murder people for saying things about their religion. So now it's a child they are persecuting and one who 'may' have mental health issues and who also may have had the 'evidence' planted on her by a Muslim cleric. Nice.

Government ministers have been murdered just for suggesting the blasphemy laws be looked at

And this is a country that has nuclear weapons ffs. I find Pakistan more of a worry than North Korea letting extremist Islamic nutters have nuclear weapons especially when they sponsor terrorists such as Lashkar-e-Taiba and harbour al Qaeda.

I will add i'm not suggesting all the World's Muslims are nutjobs, just those who reside in extremist countries such as Pakistan who think blasphemy is punishable by death
Old 08 September 2012, 08:21 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it definitely is a country of extremes. Having a few Pakistani friends I have asked them similar questions. They themselves are as educated, liberal minded and free thinking as anybody else you would meet.

They tell me the country is to some extent divided into the educated, wealthy and liberal elite and then the more backward thinking religious extremists. In the areas my friends live you would never see a woman wearing one of those ninja outfits, they'll be wearing jeans and a t shirt.

A lot of the religious extremists are being influenced by Saudi Arabia. Saudi funds religious schools and mosques all over the world to spread what some would say is a more backward and oppressive interpretation of Islam.

God only knows what will become of this country!
Old 08 September 2012, 10:41 AM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of them are coming here, there are two PIA flights into Manchester every day.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
Old 08 September 2012, 12:37 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wonder how much less extremist some would be if America wasn't on their doorstep 24/7
Old 08 September 2012, 12:46 PM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
I wonder how much less extremist some would be if America wasn't on their doorstep 24/7
Not much
Old 08 September 2012, 03:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I recon the difference between them and american nut jobs can be measured using the thickness of a rizla paper, but thats religion for you, creating nutters ever since it began.
Old 08 September 2012, 04:09 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Pakistan is one of the most nicest countries I have ever been to.
Old 08 September 2012, 04:52 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kas Spec C
Not been to many then?
Old 08 September 2012, 05:12 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Funny...
Old 08 September 2012, 05:33 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kas Spec C
Old 08 September 2012, 05:33 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Well it definitely is a country of extremes. Having a few Pakistani friends I have asked them similar questions. They themselves are as educated, liberal minded and free thinking as anybody else you would meet.

They tell me the country is to some extent divided into the educated, wealthy and liberal elite and then the more backward thinking religious extremists. In the areas my friends live you would never see a woman wearing one of those ninja outfits, they'll be wearing jeans and a t shirt.

A lot of the religious extremists are being influenced by Saudi Arabia. Saudi funds religious schools and mosques all over the world to spread what some would say is a more backward and oppressive interpretation of Islam.

God only knows what will become of this country!
Ding that surprises me, the bit about wealthy liberal elite and women wearing jeans and a t shirt etc. With the extremism that is reported there you'd think any woman caught wearing jeans and a t shirt would be stoned to death! So they aren't much different to India in the respect of a huge divide between how the wealthy live and how the rest live.
Old 08 September 2012, 08:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rural Pakistan seems to be not a million miles away from Europe in the Dark ages, makes me wonder how many people are actually that zealous about Islam in term of belief and how many are eager to show their devotion to their peers and superiors to curry (no pun intended) favour at any cost, "I am considerably more pious than Yow", when your whole belief system involves death if you question it, it is no wonder that people tow the line and perpetuate it, if Islam were the one, true way it would stand up to any scrutiny, criticism and ridicule, as it is it feels like a load of men trying to control others, well the whole world via fear, all religion should involve belief and choice, there doesn't appear to be a choice in Pakistan, not one without consequence anyway, brainwashing and repression seem to suffice.

"Silence, I kill you", is not a valid response to every perceived threat, criticism or jibe, either ignore, reply intelligently to make a point or STFU.
Old 08 September 2012, 11:07 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

derka derka mohammed jihad!
Old 08 September 2012, 11:16 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Lol, they've been doing the same backwards sh*te in that part of the world for a long time. You think because America builds a few bases it suddenly makes them stone their wives to death?
Old 09 September 2012, 06:40 AM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Sounds a great place to visit, the FCO advice on Pakistan http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...eania/pakistan

Originally Posted by FCO
Much of our Consular assistance is provided to victims of forced marriage or international parental child abduction.

Last edited by Jaybird-UK; 09 September 2012 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09 September 2012, 08:36 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, where you check the stats on google searches, it's interesting that all the sickest stuff is most frequently googled in Pakistan! Yet the majority of its inhabitants claim to live by very strict rules which don't even allow them to think about such things. What should we believe - the google stats or a bunch of sexually repressed religious nuts?
Old 09 September 2012, 11:59 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

I'm not even from Pakistan but what happened to equal opportunities isn't David camroon also corrupted? I'm surprised David camroons stunt didn't make front pages everywhere amazing how it's all swept under the carpets now!

I'm not saying all British or Pakistani politicians are curropted but there's always a few bad apples.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-forced-773309
Old 09 September 2012, 12:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Like any average politician, he will lean towards only doing those things which he calculates will create a political advantage for his party.

Les
Old 09 September 2012, 01:54 PM
Charlie_Big_Bananas
Scooby Newbie

Default Drug Dealers Vs Drug Warlords

Interesting topic but I think we need to bear in mind a few things -

1 - Pakistan is a country only 60 years old, left in a looted state after hundreds of years of British Colonial rule.
2 - We should never judge an entire religion based solely on the crazy element of its society. Is Anders Behring Breivik a true representative of Christian people?. How would we feel if the media constantly said he was?
3 - Corruption is rife everywhere, it's just some countries have mastered the art of covering their tracks better.
4 - Are we getting our news from the same source that told us Iraq had MOD's? How come private weapons manufacturers and Halliburton style companies make so much money from War, whilst civilians suffer? Is it beneficial to some of the world's elite that run these corporations?
5 - Is it this same information source that is giving Drone attacks in Pakistan a thumbs up? on innocent civilians?
6 - How would we react to a Drone attack on our family?
7 - War is good for business, not for people.
8 - Pakistan has lost more civilian lives to the War on Terror, than any other country, by a country mile.
9 - Who really created these extremists in the first place? History tells us The Mujahadeen who became the Taliban were trained, funded and practically created by America during Afghanistan's resistance to the Russians. Their objective wasn't any less visible back then.
10 - Pakistan harboured Bin Laden apparently. America has and does harbour many terrorists wanted for extradition including Emmanuel Constant.
11 - Yes many have died in Pakistan from suicide attacks. Should we compare how many died in Iraq from a false claim of MOD's?
12 - Which country is more dangerous on a whole? The one that violates international law to destroy other countries, or the one that destroys its own country? It's a viable debate.

I'm not saying Pakistan does not have any dangers, I'm just saying lets understand some history, perspective, and acknowledge the situation on a whole.

Just like the "War on Drugs" - Let's not blame (like the bias media) the the drug dealers on the street, lets find out who the (press-exempt) damn drug lords are.
Old 09 September 2012, 02:06 PM
Charlie_Big_Bananas
Scooby Newbie

sorry spelling mistake, MOD = WMD*
Even my American iPhone iOS dictionary couldn't find "WMD", lol
Old 09 September 2012, 04:06 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

oi, im supposed to be the voice of reason.

Good post Mr bananas.
Old 09 September 2012, 09:41 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
A lot of them are coming here, there are two PIA flights into Manchester every day.
Be afraid, be very afraid.
They are return flights you know....
Old 09 September 2012, 09:48 PM
KAS35RSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Charlie_Big_Bananas
Interesting topic but I think we need to bear in mind a few things -

1 - Pakistan is a country only 60 years old, left in a looted state after hundreds of years of British Colonial rule.
2 - We should never judge an entire religion based solely on the crazy element of its society. Is Anders Behring Breivik a true representative of Christian people?. How would we feel if the media constantly said he was?
3 - Corruption is rife everywhere, it's just some countries have mastered the art of covering their tracks better.
4 - Are we getting our news from the same source that told us Iraq had MOD's? How come private weapons manufacturers and Halliburton style companies make so much money from War, whilst civilians suffer? Is it beneficial to some of the world's elite that run these corporations?
5 - Is it this same information source that is giving Drone attacks in Pakistan a thumbs up? on innocent civilians?
6 - How would we react to a Drone attack on our family?
7 - War is good for business, not for people.
8 - Pakistan has lost more civilian lives to the War on Terror, than any other country, by a country mile.
9 - Who really created these extremists in the first place? History tells us The Mujahadeen who became the Taliban were trained, funded and practically created by America during Afghanistan's resistance to the Russians. Their objective wasn't any less visible back then.
10 - Pakistan harboured Bin Laden apparently. America has and does harbour many terrorists wanted for extradition including Emmanuel Constant.
11 - Yes many have died in Pakistan from suicide attacks. Should we compare how many died in Iraq from a false claim of MOD's?
12 - Which country is more dangerous on a whole? The one that violates international law to destroy other countries, or the one that destroys its own country? It's a viable debate.

I'm not saying Pakistan does not have any dangers, I'm just saying lets understand some history, perspective, and acknowledge the situation on a whole.

Just like the "War on Drugs" - Let's not blame (like the bias media) the the drug dealers on the street, lets find out who the (press-exempt) damn drug lords are.
This!
Old 10 September 2012, 11:41 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/road-trips-vacations/

The side you won't see

OP also fails to mention that a imam has been arrested for framing the young girl. OP also fails to mention the support said girl has received in Pakistan itself.
Old 10 September 2012, 11:56 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Churches of Pakistan

http://christiansofpakistan.wordpres...s-in-pakistan/
Old 10 September 2012, 12:09 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaid
http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/road-trips-vacations/

The side you won't see

OP also fails to mention that a imam has been arrested for framing the young girl. OP also fails to mention the support said girl has received in Pakistan itself.
I think you need to re read my post then, especially the bit:

and who also may have had the 'evidence' planted on her by a Muslim cleric.
As for support yes from the authorities protecting her from being murdered by a bunch of lunatics wanting her dead for blasphemy

Last edited by An0n0m0us; 10 September 2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10 September 2012, 12:19 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Old 10 September 2012, 12:22 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
I think you need to re read my post then, especially the bit:

As for support yes from the authorities protecting her from being murdered by a bunch of lunatics wanting her dead for blasphemy

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
Old 10 September 2012, 12:40 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
Just like when those Londoners wanted to murder them Muslim guys who were demonstrating against the soldiers returning from war (or was it not Murder just a serious assault of some sort). The only difference is that our police should have arrested the nasty Muslims that day that's all.

The fact that the naughty Imam has been arrested by the Pakistani authorities for what he done = not good enough for you. Maybe they should have given him a job in the PMs office instead. Your blind (and ignorant) hatred of Pakistani's has seriously skewed your judgement hence you are unable to appreciate right yet tough decisions.
Old 10 September 2012, 12:52 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Anyway forget Churches of Pakistan let's look at some of the better pictures from such a deranged place

OMG snow in the desert!

Terrorists are camping

I think this is where the deranged locals get thier water from

This is where some of the terrorists pray. I've been there. I saw kittens trying to run up it. There are rubber shoe marks up the sides from where kids (ahem possibly me too) try climbing up the sides. The minarets are like rockets. They are all pointing to different parts of the world. New York, London, Washington and Doncaster IIRC. They are to symbolise the Talibans bid to take over the world.

Terrorists about to evil slaughter the local cows

Random wannabe terrorist

More deranged pics later mate

Last edited by Shaid; 10 September 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Pakistan the most deranged country on the planet?