Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Truck/HGV Sat navs

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2012, 01:13 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Truck/HGV Sat navs

Might be a bit of a hit or miss question on here,but i know some members on here are lorry drivers so here goes.

Basically my mate is on the look out for a truck only sat nav,and has came across the TomTom truck pro 7150,all seemed ok but then he noticed that to have access to live services traffic etc,it says to sign up to something called webfleet/worksmart for business owners at an annual cost,which he says will be of no use to him as he don't own a large trucking company,most other drivers he talks too seem to have these Snooper truck sat navs which he has one himself,but seems to be keen on getting the TomTom.Now i've had a quick look myself on the tomtom website,but i can't see anything if you can use the sat nav without the webfleet b0ll0cks,and looks to me as if the sat nav is no use without subscribing to the live services,which all comes at an extra monthly cost.So do any of you SN truckers know the answer,or you may even own this exact sat nav,or maybe even recommend one.I think he has got a bit fed up with the snooper and liked the look and features of the tomtom.
Old 08 September 2012, 01:52 PM
fawor
BANNED

Originally Posted by DYK
Might be a bit of a hit or miss question on here,but i know some members on here are lorry drivers so here goes.

Basically my mate is on the look out for a truck only sat nav,and has came across the TomTom truck pro 7150,all seemed ok but then he noticed that to have access to live services traffic etc,it says to sign up to something called webfleet/worksmart for business owners at an annual cost,which he says will be of no use to him as he don't own a large trucking company,most other drivers he talks too seem to have these Snooper truck sat navs which he has one himself,but seems to be keen on getting the TomTom.Now i've had a quick look myself on the tomtom website,but i can't see anything if you can use the sat nav without the webfleet b0ll0cks,and looks to me as if the sat nav is no use without subscribing to the live services,which all comes at an extra monthly cost.So do any of you SN truckers know the answer,or you may even own this exact sat nav,or maybe even recommend one.I think he has got a bit fed up with the snooper and liked the look and features of the tomtom.
Any garminFM should have traffic on board,traffic is mainly at cable i mean you can buy garminFm without cable and no traffic at all.
It was garmin 660 fm for truckers but not sure which one is now.
You could flag your route up to 10 points and sat nav will divert you those
route.
I had tomtom920 but garmin is easier to use in truck i think

Last edited by fawor; 08 September 2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08 September 2012, 02:32 PM
steve ex vauxhall
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried loads and tbh not found one that does everything.
The option I've used for a couple of years now is a Navman with updates of bridge heights and weight limits on it.

For traffic reports I use radio 2, up to date reports every half hour and it's free, can't beat Sally traffic
Old 08 September 2012, 03:57 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

**** me after all that and everything he has decided to go with another but new snooper s5000.Mind i did say to him the tomtom looks more complicated and seems to be all about signing up to stuff and subscribing to monthly services to be able to get the use out of it,the snooper looks more straight forward and less p!ssing about when you get it.

Here's the web link incase anyone else is interested.

http://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&ai...ct=j&q=snooper
Old 08 September 2012, 07:35 PM
SIG
Scooby Newbie

PRONAV. specifically for large veihcles / hgv.
Old 08 September 2012, 10:06 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

Recent polish trucker I saw was a real man. Using a map and asking where Tesco was.

Do truck sat nags prevent you going down weight limit roads and crazy thin country lanes.
Old 09 September 2012, 08:07 AM
Rae
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Recent polish trucker I saw was a real man. Using a map and asking where Tesco was.

Do truck sat nags prevent you going down weight limit roads and crazy thin country lanes.
yes ,put height, weight, length .width in and alls good .my snoopers never let me down, common sense does help to