Track suits

Bad teeth, if they have any
Old 11 September 2012, 09:37 PM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bloody hell!

I do pity them though.

Last edited by Shaid; 11 September 2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11 September 2012, 09:48 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I have little pity for people who don't want to contribute.

Nice mug of wine there!
Old 11 September 2012, 10:10 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Didn't see it.

We're they Scottish people?

Old 11 September 2012, 11:10 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What was it all about?
Old 12 September 2012, 12:02 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Takes me back to my childhood..two up and two down terrace, prefabs on cleared bombsite and council housing , outside toilet.....

I was Bike mad so had my bike in my bedroom along with the tools and bits (bedroom was actually the downstairs kitchen).......

Difference was my mum and dad wanted me to go to school to "better myself" and the benefits system favoured getting work.

Aside from that nothing has changed.............

Shaun
Old 12 September 2012, 12:30 AM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
Didn't see it.

We're they Scottish people?

'we are' Scottish people?? Come on if your going to try and have a dig at us Scots at least get your grammar correct...(",)

And no, it was an estate in Blackburn...English families, including a lazy *** women from Kent who didn't believe in punishing her son even after he'd been suspended from school.

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2012, 01:12 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Takes me back to my childhood..two up and two down terrace, prefabs on cleared bombsite and council housing , outside toilet.....

I was Bike mad so had my bike in my bedroom along with the tools and bits (bedroom was actually the downstairs kitchen).......

Difference was my mum and dad wanted me to go to school to "better myself" and the benefits system favoured getting work.

Aside from that nothing has changed.............

Shaun
And now Shaun is a professional and considerably better than Dave, using the same set of values to judge.

Dave, you have a foolish chip on your shoulder. Why are you so insecure?
Old 12 September 2012, 07:09 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

I remember seeing a programme about single parents struggling. The 20odd single mum had the branded clothes huge plasma, xbox & even branded fairy liquid.

I have money but if I feel I need to cut back for a week I will but non branded products.

Winds me up when they are on TV saying they don't have enough money for their kids yet they are smoking away on a B&H !!!! GGRRRRRRRRR
Old 12 September 2012, 07:30 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes I think they should keep poor people offf the BBC

Maybe channel 4 or ITV , if they have to
Old 12 September 2012, 07:35 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

same as the foreign "buskers" in town , seen them dishing out Burger King when they met up with their begging wife and kids from the other corner. Now if i was to the point of having to beg for money , i would not be blowing it on a BK .

ps , anyone can open and close an accordian , it getting a tune out of it thats going to make people want to give their spare change !
Old 12 September 2012, 07:54 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Must be worth it otherwise they wouldn't be doing it !
At least theyve got offf their **** of a morning, not illegal to beg either
Old 12 September 2012, 08:12 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

The women from Kent used to work an hour a week. But, by the time she had to leave home and work and then get home, it was 2 hours. Apparently it didn't leave her enough time to do stuff. Quite what stuff I don't know, since she said she was always too tired......whilst drinking red wine and smoking a spliff. Paid for with her £1100 a month benefits.
Old 12 September 2012, 08:30 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by davyboy
The women from Kent used to work an hour a week. But, by the time she had to leave home and work and then get home, it was 2 hours. Apparently it didn't leave her enough time to do stuff. Quite what stuff I don't know, since she said she was always too tired......whilst drinking red wine and smoking a spliff. Paid for with her £1100 a month benefits.
Yep, I have no time for people who can't be bothered to get off their **** and contribute to society like those teenagers who say that it's can't be bothered to get a job and work as it meant getting up early and coming home tired, they really boil my ****!
Old 12 September 2012, 08:36 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Those older teenagers didn't actually know anyone who worked!

Their daily routine was waking up late, having a big spliff and then having a bath.
Old 12 September 2012, 08:44 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Must be worth it otherwise they wouldn't be doing it !
At least theyve got offf their **** of a morning, not illegal to beg either
It is....

Although begging is illegal it does not carry a jail sentence under the Vagrancy Act 1824.
Old 12 September 2012, 09:02 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by T25 DOC
'we are' Scottish people?? Come on if your going to try and have a dig at us Scots at least get your grammar correct...(",)

And no, it was an estate in Blackburn...English families, including a lazy *** women from Kent who didn't believe in punishing her son even after he'd been suspended from school.
Let he who is without sin....
Old 12 September 2012, 09:04 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They clearly edited to show residents making comments that would wind up taxpayers with their attitude. Although it probably didn't take much editing.

I like poor people. I was poor once. I have every sympathy for those that want to improve themselves, but our benefits system has perpetuated the situation it was supposed to solve. The safety net has become a lifestyle choice.
Old 12 September 2012, 09:05 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

And then you have the working family that were really struggling and having to resort to using pay-day loan sharks. They are the one's who genuinely need help. I really hope that Ian Duncan Smith's welfare reform will go someway to making a career in living off the state less attractive and help those who are struggling on low income genuinely trying to a life for themselves. This could be real sign of a minister trying to make a difference rather than milking the system by insisting he stay on the Dept of Pension and Welfare and see through the reforms instead of being promoted to head the Ministry of Justice.
Old 12 September 2012, 09:07 AM
T25 DOC
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Let he who is without sin....
I stand red faced.... and now eat humble pie.....
Old 12 September 2012, 09:15 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I was bought wearing jumble sale clothes, and scout camp was my holiday. We were not well off. My dad worked limited hours, my mum studied but they had a clean house and self respect.

Being poor should not mean: lazy, dirty, untidy, workshy and holding your hand out for another freebie.
Old 12 September 2012, 09:59 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
It is....
Really okay well at least we're given the opportunity to make our own minds up as to whether to contribute or not
Old 12 September 2012, 10:42 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm glad I missed the programme, would have wound me up watching lazy scum on TV.
Old 12 September 2012, 10:49 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

cant believe you are praising beggars for "Getting up off their ***** and doing something" as compared to a benefit claimant ? They are either begging because they arent eligable for benefits , or are claiming those aswell !
Old 12 September 2012, 11:25 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Are you having a larf these people have come half way across Europe to see if you might possibly throw them a few scraps, it is probably a less comfy lifestyle than relying on social services to wake you up in your own ( council ) home before a day of cider and Jeremy kyle
Old 12 September 2012, 12:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didnt see it but I cant understand why we have benefits claimants smoking and drinking, my thinking is that basically if you are living off others via the welfare state, be it permanent as a lifestyle or a temporary thing, why should taxpayers pay for luxuries, how do they afford a seven quid packet of **** or booze ?

I think really there should be government food deliveries of essentials, healthy food, cleaning stuff and the like, in fact, no deliveries, they have to go and get it. At the moment it seems they get to buy ****, focusing on junk food, **** and booze and the supermarkets make vast profits, a goverment run system where everything was plain packaged and obvious it was "Welfare" would perhaps focus the mind on getting off benefit, if I am for any reason in that position I wouldnt be bothered, I would be grateful for the assistance.
Old 12 September 2012, 12:29 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...Shameless.html
Old 12 September 2012, 12:53 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Didnt see it but I cant understand why we have benefits claimants smoking and drinking, my thinking is that basically if you are living off others via the welfare state, be it permanent as a lifestyle or a temporary thing, why should taxpayers pay for luxuries, how do they afford a seven quid packet of **** or booze ?

I think really there should be government food deliveries of essentials, healthy food, cleaning stuff and the like, in fact, no deliveries, they have to go and get it. At the moment it seems they get to buy ****, focusing on junk food, **** and booze and the supermarkets make vast profits, a goverment run system where everything was plain packaged and obvious it was "Welfare" would perhaps focus the mind on getting off benefit, if I am for any reason in that position I wouldnt be bothered, I would be grateful for the assistance.
I think our Government should look at what Australia have done. They have introduced a "Basics Credit Card" which makes up 50-70% of the claimant’s benefits. Credit is deducted to pay for utilities, rent and food and clothing from approved stores. You can't buy alcohol or tobacco and would also mean that most of the benefits is spent on our shores if given to immigrants instead of the cash being sent back to their country of origin.
Old 12 September 2012, 01:24 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Are you having a larf these people have come half way across Europe to see if you might possibly throw them a few scraps, it is probably a less comfy lifestyle than relying on social services to wake you up in your own ( council ) home before a day of cider and Jeremy kyle
if they are so driven why don't they get a job ? A scrounger is a scrounger , nomatter how its done. They don't come for "scraps" , they want a free ride (in both senses of the word , as that's probably how they came from half way across Europe )
Old 12 September 2012, 02:04 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Shoot them all in the face

Quick Reply: Poor people on bbc1