Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Airline Security, what if...

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2012, 12:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Airline Security, what if...

They abandoned all the security checks they do now, now scanning bags or people, no pat downs, shoe inspections, just mooch onto the plane like people did in the seventies.

Am going to Atlanta with work next week for a couple of weeks and Atlanta airport fills me with dread, it is huge, they reunite you with your luggage and then take it off you again.

Would love to know what would happen if they didnt bother, would it bit carnage with terrorist attacks and hijackings every few days, would that happen and then it calm down ?

I wonder how many actual valid threats there are, how many groups are willing to perform such an atttack, how many individuals worldwide are that hell bent on making a point ?
Old 12 September 2012, 12:30 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i suspect terror attacks would be every day occurance, drunks owuld be on most flights destroying the place etc etc

i could see that being total chaos and deaths all over.
Old 12 September 2012, 12:35 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ferrell kids would cause havoc!

Old 12 September 2012, 12:37 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Probably, sad world we live in really isnt it, they do seem to have a fixation with airliners though, it isnt like people dont gather en masse elsewhere if someone was of that mind, it is only air travel that gets that kind of screening. I am not trying to suggest they look for new targets but I am surprised that if it is such a threat that they havent gone elsewhere to ply their trade, the IRA didnt really bother with air travel as far as I can remember but still managed a reign of terror that lasted many years.

I wonder if any of the current security is actually for other reasons ?
Old 12 September 2012, 12:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by specialx
Ferrell kids would cause havoc!

They do as well, little *****....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...stigation.html
Old 12 September 2012, 12:44 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Probably, sad world we live in really isnt it, they do seem to have a fixation with airliners though, it isnt like people dont gather en masse elsewhere if someone was of that mind, it is only air travel that gets that kind of screening. I am not trying to suggest they look for new targets but I am surprised that if it is such a threat that they havent gone elsewhere to ply their trade, the IRA didnt really bother with air travel as far as I can remember but still managed a reign of terror that lasted many years.

I wonder if any of the current security is actually for other reasons ?
i think as more people join the world the more wacko's you will come accross and the more folks willing to follow them, people are smart, intellegant and rational, a crowd is not.
Old 12 September 2012, 01:09 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I think people should have the option of having, and paying for, a pre-flight special security clearance which uses the latest technology - say retina screening - to let them pass quickly through security. A bit like an upmarket CRB check and only available to UK citizens with outstanding references. So the frequent business flyer and families who holiday frequently don't clog up, and have to put up with, the security system every time they fly. Airlines could offer this service for free to their customers perhaps.

dl

Trending Topics

Old 12 September 2012, 01:13 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Airlines could offer this service for free to their customers perhaps.
Ryan Air would see that as a lost revenue opportunity. They would easy be able to blame it on the government and simultaneously add 5% if you are using a credit card.
Old 12 September 2012, 01:23 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Atlanta is over the top though. I used to fly there every month or so and I used to hate it. I'm told that it is because it is the main army hub as well as that of Delta.

I had one immigration officer who started yelling at me to answer the questions without asking any, would then answer his own questions that he obviously said in his head and finally stamped my passport and let me through. I didn't say a single word apart from 'hello'.

I fly to San Francisco every two months now and it is a much happier experience.
Old 13 September 2012, 01:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Maybe those hijackings would start all over again.

Les
Old 13 September 2012, 04:58 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I think people should have the option of having, and paying for, a pre-flight special security clearance which uses the latest technology - say retina screening - to let them pass quickly through security. A bit like an upmarket CRB check and only available to UK citizens with outstanding references. So the frequent business flyer and families who holiday frequently don't clog up, and have to put up with, the security system every time they fly. Airlines could offer this service for free to their customers perhaps.

dl

Virgin has a fastrack security and immigration channel at some airports. It is free (as long as you buy an upper class ticket)