Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How the hell hasn't zippyshare been shut down yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2012, 12:06 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How the hell hasn't zippyshare been shut down yet?

whilst going through Beatport(music download site) earlier, i used both google and youtube to reference/find new tracks.

Every track name you type in there is a link for Zippyshare for an illegal copy. And these are more underground tracks that i am talking about.

There are countless links for chart ****e, but tracks that maybe sell a thousand tracks in total (If Lucky) are even on Zippyshare

There is even a youtube channel for songs and there accompanying zippy link.

If they shut down a load of other sites recently, like Megaupload, how can this much pirating still go on?
Old 02 October 2012, 11:10 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Everyone should be free to steal anyone else's work whenever they like, why should someone claim ownership and make money out of something just because they created it. How selfish of them!

Last edited by f1_fan; 02 October 2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Just falling into line with the modern (and SN) way of thinking!
Old 02 October 2012, 11:33 AM
Springs
Scooby Regular

tbh the stuff that is released today is mostly crap and not worth the £10+ you might spend on a DVD / CD and the fact that its out there on the internet for free.. Which one do you think people are going to go for?
Old 02 October 2012, 11:43 AM
New_scooby_04

I've removed the offending comment that took this thread off topic and turned it into a flame war. Lets keep the thread on topic please foks and

a) Not post material intended to antagonise - this is trolling and encourages me to reach for the ban hammer!
b) Not rise to such comments as you're only adding fuel to the fire and putting yourself in harm's way.
Old 02 October 2012, 09:23 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Springs
tbh the stuff that is released today is mostly crap and not worth the £10+ you might spend on a DVD / CD and the fact that its out there on the internet for free.. Which one do you think people are going to go for?
It's all subjective so that's your opinion, and not necessarily anybody else's.

Regardless, they are still going out of their way to obtain the material so it can't be that bad. But my question was more about why has it not been shut down? it's far too easy to obtain illegal software/media

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04
I've removed the offending comment that took this thread off topic and turned it into a flame war. Lets keep the thread on topic please foks and

a) Not post material intended to antagonise - this is trolling and encourages me to reach for the ban hammer!
b) Not rise to such comments as you're only adding fuel to the fire and putting yourself in harm's way.
What was the comment that was removed?

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 02 October 2012 at 09:25 PM.