Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vauxhall Insignia - the New Tossers' Vehicle of Choice

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2012, 10:38 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Vauxhall Insignia - the New Tossers' Vehicle of Choice

First it was BMW, then Audi, and now the tailgating tossers have migrated to the Insignia. Well so it seems anyway. Has anyone else noticed this lately?

The only time I see them is on the motorway and either right up my **** (not literally) or passing at about 100. Of course if, for any reason, you happen to be in a lane other than the inside and are in a line of traffic doing around the speed limit, these people STILL tailgate you for some strange reason. Do they expect us to drive through the car in front or perform a miracle to make it go away?

Take note, Insignia-driving tossers - your risky and seriously irritating driving is completely pointless!!

Grr.

Alan (doing a lot of motorway miles at the mo)
Old 04 October 2012, 10:43 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You aren't driving fast enough
Old 04 October 2012, 10:44 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

get out of the fast lane then
Old 04 October 2012, 10:49 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually yes had exactly this yesterday on the M60 ring road ! finally got rid of said idiot when they pulled off into the traffic jam that is the A34, to be replaced by another vauxhall driving idiot in a corsa. I did kind of wonder if the BMW badge has a magnet for them.

Richard
Old 04 October 2012, 11:01 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tubbytommy
get out of the fast lane then
What is the fast lane?
Old 04 October 2012, 11:08 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Insignia drivers want an Audi, but can't afford them. That's why they have an even bigger chip on their shoulders than those with an Audi.
Old 04 October 2012, 11:11 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richs2891
to be replaced by another vauxhall driving idiot in a corsa.
Richard
I drive a Vauxhall!
Old 05 October 2012, 06:48 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Insignia drivers want an Audi, but can't afford them. That's why they have an even bigger chip on their shoulders than those with an Audi.
Still A3 drivers that are the worst around here. Maybe tailgating turns their A3 into an A4, or maybe they are just fcuktards...
Old 05 October 2012, 07:00 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I've been driving a few hundred miles recently and the amount of old blokes and women sat in the outside lane ..
Old 05 October 2012, 07:14 AM
chief-long-shin
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure how but im certain I've spotted a lot of insignia vxrsbeing driven by young heavily loan lace chavs lately. Do they have Adidas seats and a kappa branded cup holder as standard.
Old 05 October 2012, 07:32 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chief-long-shin
I'm not sure how but im certain I've spotted a lot of insignia vxrsbeing driven by young heavily loan lace chavs lately. Do they have Adidas seats and a kappa branded cup holder as standard.
Not single any in them myself .. Old BMW's seem to be the chav choice at the moment.
Old 05 October 2012, 09:10 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I think its really down to what cars are offered as company cars. Used to be 3 series, then A4 now Insignia.

I hired an Insignia CDTI SRI Tourer Nav for the day and it was a nice drive. I've got a B7 A4 and the Insignia was better pretty much everywhere (although I'm aware the B7 is really just a face-lifted B6 so platform is well over 10 years old now.

I would probably consider ditching the B7 for an Insignia.
Old 05 October 2012, 09:40 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Them, Galaxy's/S-Max, A4, A5.
Old 05 October 2012, 03:53 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
I had the same thought. It would be interesting to see how these people behave on public. Do they walk up a busy street right behind someone, moving aggressively to make them get out the way? No they don't. It must be their cocoon fitted with xenon headlights that does it.
Old 05 October 2012, 03:58 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Them, Galaxy's/S-Max, A4, A5.
Yip, they can all go on the tossers' list.
Old 05 October 2012, 04:04 PM
madman-Adam
Scooby Newbie

I drive an insignia and am getting nearly 60mpg. I don't get this by driving like a tit. But find its still Audi n BMW drivers that are worst. Followed by alfas. If people didn't Hog lanes then they wouldn't be tailgated.
Scooby drivers are the worst off the motorways by far
Old 05 October 2012, 04:20 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

What engine is in that, Adam? I'm planning on getting a 320d because it should get near 60mpg. Would be interesting to compare the two.

Don't agree with your logic on tailgating. If I go into the outside lane, it's because I want to pass cars in the one I was in. There might be a lane hoger in it that I have to wait behind, but it's not my problem and there's nothing I can do about it. I've got as much right to wait behind the person hogging the lane as the arsehole tailgating me does.
Old 05 October 2012, 04:29 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

For some reason Chrysler Voyagers always seem to be driven by complete tw@ts in my experience and many other similar people carriers.
Old 05 October 2012, 04:34 PM
madman-Adam
Scooby Newbie

2.0 Cdti 160.
Old 05 October 2012, 05:09 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

My mate as just bought an insignia .
Old 05 October 2012, 06:59 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Funny you should say this as I've noticed the Insignia to be the weapon of choice for the motorway muppet.

Only this morning on my way home I encountered one. I moved into the fast lane to overtake a middle lane hog and being in my van I'm not able to dispatch lane hog in super car style, therefore I mangaed to collect an Insignia inches from my bumper dropping down from 3 figures. Queue flashing lights, I wasn't exactly hanging about and certainly not below the speed limit if you know what I mean. What do these people expect you to do, swerve into the car you're overtaking and cause a pile up so they can get home and milk their tiny winkle faster?
Old 05 October 2012, 08:56 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Drove a few hundred miles in a diesel one for work last week - was glad to be handing it back, really didn't find any redeeming features in it at all. It sounded like a diesel from 10 years ago, and like every other vauxhall it gives you vectra-back.
Old 05 October 2012, 10:15 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Had another one do it tonight!
Old 05 October 2012, 10:52 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

I get annoyed by drivers being in front of me when I am trying to pass then, inconsiderate they are driving slow in the outside lane I mean I need to get past.

Paul - Insignia CDTI 160 Elite Nav.
Old 06 October 2012, 02:30 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by PaulC72
I get annoyed by drivers being in front of me when I am trying to pass then, inconsiderate they are driving slow in the outside lane I mean I need to get past.

Paul - Insignia CDTI 160 Elite Nav.
lol
Old 06 October 2012, 02:39 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

To be honest, I'm really starting to tire of driving now. Used to love it, but that's when I went everywhere flat out (NB. I wasn't a tailgater). It seems if you abide by the law, you are just a target for complete f*ckwits to try and intimidate. People who break the law, I should add.

I asked on here before about it, and I'm just going to order a roadhawk and start being a c*nt about it. When people show you absolutely no respect, they deserve about the same treatment in return.
Old 06 October 2012, 03:00 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I think it just reflects society,impatient,inconsiderate,full of tossers who think they are more important than the next person.Amazes me all these drivers riding about in top notch cars with all the high tech gear in them,and are too lazy to flick a lever which works the indicators,yet if you pull out infront of them they soon know where the button for the horn is.
The way some rush about its as if the world is going to end in the next 60 minutes,why are you flooring it down the slip road to join a big que of traffic blah blah blah...
Old 06 October 2012, 08:06 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I think it just reflects society,impatient,inconsiderate,full of tossers who think they are more important than the next person.Amazes me all these drivers riding about in top notch cars with all the high tech gear in them,and are too lazy to flick a lever which works the indicators,yet if you pull out infront of them they soon know where the button for the horn is.
The way some rush about its as if the world is going to end in the next 60 minutes,why are you flooring it down the slip road to join a big que of traffic blah blah blah...

Old 07 October 2012, 06:04 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Just followed Mick Horsley - 'golf pro' (it was emblazened all over his Insignia) along the M621/M1 for about 5 miles and he was glued to the outside lane, even when there was NOTHING in lane 1 & 2, and there really was a space of about 3/4 mile until I could see the next cars ahead. So, if you see this car....

....being driven by this tw@t....

...then it will most likely be in the outside lane regardless of anything.

Last edited by corradoboy; 07 October 2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07 October 2012, 06:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Audi A5, love the look of them but always seems to be driven by *****, saw one overtake a line of traffic to make a right turn yesterday, normally ok but it was abotu quarter of a mile and he met a load of cars coming the other way who had to stop, he then dumped it on double yellows, always the same type of podgy, pink shirt wearing (collars up) 30 odd year old guy, alpha male wanabe. One gets left near us covering the pavement on a blind bend causing pedestrians to walk into oncoming traffic, one night I was clutching a small bag of the dogs evening output and was looking for somewhere suitable to dispose, so Audi driver decided that for me, right under the wiper

Quick Reply: Vauxhall Insignia - the New Tossers' Vehicle of Choice