Reply to my letter expressing concern about immigration

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2013, 12:36 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Reply to my letter expressing concern about immigration

Dear Mr Jordan,

Grant has asked me to thank you for contacting him about Romanian and Bulgarian Immigration and for me to respond on his behalf and to outline the Government’s position.

Grant absolutely appreciates yours and many other people’s concerns regarding this matter.

Under the current regulations, Bulgarian and Romanian nationals have to obtain authorisation from the UK Border Agency before they take employment in the UK, and they must also get authorisation to take lower-skilled employment in the agriculture and food processing sectors, under the seasonal agriculture workers scheme and the sectors-based scheme.

Transitional controls limiting Romanian and Bulgarian access to the UK labour market were extended until December 2013, the maximum time possible under the Accession Treaties. As you have mentioned, in common with the rest of Europe, the Government will be unable to extend these controls beyond this period. Full transitional controls will, however, be applied on new member states such as Croatia.

Grant would like to assure you that the Government is working with other member states to cut out the abuse of free movement, for example through sham marriage. It is also reviewing the effects of free movement as part of its ‘balance of EU competences’ review, an audit of what the EU does and how it affects the UK and is looking at ‘pull factors’ that encourage people to come to the UK, rather than other member states, such as access to benefits. A ministerial Cabinet committee, chaired by the Immigration Minister, Mark Harper, will assess the rules on legal and illegal migrants’ access to public services and benefits.

Regarding immigration more generally, progress has already been made on the Government’s commitment to reduce annual net migration from the hundreds of thousands to the tens of thousands. Net migration has been cut by a quarter, the first significant fall in net migration since the 1990s, and in the last year the number of student visas has fallen by 90,000 just because of our measures to cut abuse. The Government still has a way to go but Grant is pleased that the evidence shows that it is delivering on its promise to reduce and control immigration.

Grant would like to assure you that the Prime Minister will always look for opportunities to get a better deal for Britain in Europe. This is why the Government has launched a review of the EU’s competences to provide a national audit of what the EU currently does and what it means for our own country. This will provide us with the knowledge necessary to take future decisions about our relationship with the EU and any possible referendum.

Grant will certainly pass your comments on to the relevant ministers regarding this and bear your comments in mind during future debates into the European Union.

With kind regards

Nicholas Langley
Office of The Rt Hon Grant Shapps MP
Welwyn Hatfield

House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Old 23 January 2013, 12:39 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

This is my letter to Schapps.

To: Grant Shapps MP
Subject: Re: Our 999 Ambulance Service

Hi Grant,

I'll keep this short.

The open door policy for yet another influx of immigrants - this time its Romanians and Bulgarians is a step too far. We can't afford to pay our taxes to fund these people when basic services are being starved of money. I can barely afford to keep a roof over my own head. We have met, we spoke when you were canvassing for votes in Welwyn Garden City.

I'll look to you to express my concern at the highest level as a matter of urgency.

If there isn't a clear policy broadcast nationally to state that the UK is not going to accept the EU policy on immigration before the floodgates open then I have no choice but to switch from being a lifelong conservative voter to voting for UKIP or some such party.

I'm a moderate person. If I am feeling this way and am considering this change in vote then there must be many thousands in Welwyn Hatfield who feel the same.

What is your position on allowing the open door policy for Romanians / Bulgarians?

Kindest regards
Old 23 January 2013, 07:22 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

but who will do all the work the white, chav, work shy, waste of space, sponging, kid popping, watch daytime Tv, social loving, shamless vicky pollard look-a-like, don't want to do??

Old 23 January 2013, 07:23 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

just came to me.. the Polish do all the work our own white, chav, work shy, waste of space, sponging, kid popping, watch daytime Tv, social loving, shamless vicky pollard look-a-like, don't want to do.

I am being sarcastic btw

Last edited by salsa-king; 23 January 2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old 23 January 2013, 07:30 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I find it interesting that he mentions Croatia, which is not a concern as they don't have anywhere near the level of crime or poverty of bulgaria or romania, seems like they are locking the door on the wrong people.

The uk could do with some croats, they are very well educated and work orientated.

I do share your concern over bulgarians and romanians though, i'm sure the ones that come over will have little or no education and be linked with criminal people smuggling gangs, because they lack the funds to make it any other way.
Old 23 January 2013, 11:09 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This, of course, is down to Lying Labour too.

The other member states will be able to regulate the Bulgarians and Romanians, just as they did the others when they arrived.

Because we didn't, we now can't, or the ECHR will say we have discriminated against them.

You couldn't make it up!

To think politicians could be so self-serving...oh...wait...
Old 23 January 2013, 11:27 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

In a nutshell the ruling party will do **** all as usual.
Just remember were all in this(****)together .

Trending Topics

Old 23 January 2013, 02:27 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

There are advantages you know... my ndn is Polish and there is nothing better than on a warm summers evening watching his girlfriend wash his car whilst wearing not a lot.
Old 23 January 2013, 02:32 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
This is my letter to Schapps.

To: Grant Shapps MP
Subject: Re: Our 999 Ambulance Service

Hi Grant,

I'll keep this short.

The open door policy for yet another influx of immigrants - this time its Romanians and Bulgarians is a step too far. We can't afford to pay our taxes to fund these people when basic services are being starved of money. I can barely afford to keep a roof over my own head. We have met, we spoke when you were canvassing for votes in Welwyn Garden City.

I'll look to you to express my concern at the highest level as a matter of urgency.

If there isn't a clear policy broadcast nationally to state that the UK is not going to accept the EU policy on immigration before the floodgates open then I have no choice but to switch from being a lifelong conservative voter to voting for UKIP or some such party.

I'm a moderate person. If I am feeling this way and am considering this change in vote then there must be many thousands in Welwyn Hatfield who feel the same.

What is your position on allowing the open door policy for Romanians / Bulgarians?

Kindest regards
Can't believe you described yourself as moderate
Old 23 January 2013, 02:37 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

The other member states will be able to regulate the Bulgarians and Romanians, just as they did the others when they arrived.
Not sure that this is true this time.
Old 23 January 2013, 02:39 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Didn't Hitler describe himself as "a moderate" ?
Old 23 January 2013, 02:53 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I wonder how many letters like that your pal Grant has sent out

Of course "appreciating your concern" is quite different from agreeing with you and doesn't answer your main question.

And, unless I missed it, makes no mention of benefits to UK citizens working in EC which is usual excuse.

dl
Old 23 January 2013, 03:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Can't believe you described yourself as moderate
Are you looking forward to having our country flooded yet again with illegal immigrants and supporting them with your taxes Martin. Do you actually pay taxes incidentally?

Les
Old 23 January 2013, 03:08 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Are you looking forward to having our country flooded yet again with illegal immigrants and supporting them with your taxes Martin. Do you actually pay taxes incidentally?

Les

No not a penny. The more the merrier I say, let's all have a great big party.

BTW - 'Illegal Immigrants'??????? What have they got to do with this subject?

Last edited by Martin2005; 23 January 2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 23 January 2013, 03:26 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

To be fair I don't think there is anything wrong with what the OP asked or how he asked it.
Old 23 January 2013, 03:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Not sure that this is true this time.
Ah, but it is....do some research.

And keep in mind that other EC states do as THEY like...we don't, we are sheep.
Old 23 January 2013, 03:54 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

And keep in mind that other EC states do as THEY like...we don't, we are sheep.
[/QUOTE]

So do I research or believe the above Daily Mail headline....confused
Old 23 January 2013, 06:28 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
To be fair I don't think there is anything wrong with what the OP asked or how he asked it.
To be fair, that's got to be a first from you
Old 23 January 2013, 06:33 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by salsa-king
just came to me.. the Polish do all the work our own white, chav, work shy, waste of space, sponging, kid popping, watch daytime Tv, social loving, shamless vicky pollard look-a-like, don't want to do.

I am being sarcastic btw
The Eastern European woman on the TV the other day who was on benefit said she would not work for less than 25 grand a year.
Old 23 January 2013, 06:45 PM
flat4 to the floor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by billythekid
There are advantages you know... my ndn is Polish and there is nothing better than on a warm summers evening watching his girlfriend wash his car whilst wearing not a lot.
didnt realise you had moved into my old house lol hope you enjoy it. wait till she goes on the trampoling with the skirt hitched up.gives you neck ache after a while peeping from behind the blinds
Old 23 January 2013, 06:47 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Seems a lot of people are worried over imigration

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-Time.html
Old 23 January 2013, 06:56 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

this potential problem could be solved before it even starts, just declare that if they have no job to come to, they will only get the same in benefits, that they would of got in thier own country ie sod all, just like they do in oz, you have to work there 7 years before being allowed and benefits if you lose your job
Old 23 January 2013, 08:27 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

I just love the way Cameron is coming over all Billy Big Bo**ocks over Europe now the Toffs are running scared over UKIPs popularity.

Has he said anything specific about what he will do?
Has he set any time-frame for anything?

Will we fall for it? Off course we will.
Old 23 January 2013, 09:44 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by billythekid
Pics or it didn't happen
Old 23 January 2013, 10:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
To be fair, that's got to be a first from you
I said I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he was asking not that I agree with it

Originally Posted by stevebt
Seems a lot of people are worried over imigration

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tion-Time.html
You see this is the problem I have with all this. If the press would just report facts I could get a handle on it, but that article is such biased manipulative rabid xenophobic b0llocks that I end up wanting to open the gates even wider just to p1ss the likes of that f**king rag and its cretinous excuses for journalists off all the more!
Old 23 January 2013, 10:10 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

I said I didn't think there was anything wrong with what he was asking not that I agree with it

You see this is the problem I have with all this. If the press would just report facts I could get a handle on it, but that article is such biased manipulative rabid xenophobic b0llocks that I end up wanting to open the gates even wider just to p1ss the likes of that f**king rag and its cretinous excuses for journalists off all the more!
Well i saw the woman on Question Time and she raised some valid points concerning observations and experiences in her home town.
Old 23 January 2013, 10:18 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
Well i saw the woman on Question Time and she raised some valid points concerning observations and experiences in her home town.
I saw the episode and the women was an awful, emotional cretin incapable of elevating her contribution beyond subjective, anecdotal hogwash. She did outperform Caroline Flint, however.
Old 23 January 2013, 10:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
I saw the episode and the women was an awful, emotional cretin incapable of elevating her contribution beyond subjective, anecdotal hogwash. She did outperform Caroline Flint, however.
Old 23 January 2013, 10:46 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

A womans home town (just like many other towns in the UK) is getting over run with Jonny Foreigner and all his mates, the woman voices some concerns over the issue and...

Your problem is with what exactly?

Nobody hates the media more than me, I refuse to buy or even read a news paper, the fact is it's happening, everywhere, now!
Old 23 January 2013, 10:54 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I welcome our European cousins.

Quick Reply: Reply to my letter expressing concern about immigration