Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How often does your wife/girlfriend/lady buy shoes or handbags?

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2013, 10:46 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Default How often does your wife/girlfriend/lady buy shoes or handbags?

Went to meadohall today and missus wanted some new boots for hospital for when she goes into labour
And the thought crossed my mind in how many shoe shops there is and every one of them had a good few customers in.
Now I asked one of the workers on how many footwear she has bought in a month and she replies about 4 in the last 2 weeks, so no surprise there as my missus is same.
Now I know it's common knowledge that women shoe shop quite regular, so this is just a survey type of thing if you like to find out what and how many your partners buy?
As I'm thinking of opening a shoe shop as it seems a demanding business that you will always need.
Easy start up costs apart from stock but shop fitting seems quite easy with a few posh stands and lighted shelfing etc (basic) all that's required is a couple of staff.
So would like everyone's feedback on how much/many shoes or footwear your wife's/girlfriends go though on a monthly basis?
Thanks
Old 24 January 2013, 10:51 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll never get an accurate count. Everytime I spotted something new on the ex it was 'purchased ages ago'.
Old 24 January 2013, 10:53 PM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

A couple every 2-3 weeks, and I swear most of them look the same to me...
Old 24 January 2013, 10:59 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
You'll never get an accurate count. Everytime I spotted something new on the ex it was 'purchased ages ago'.
Nail on the head there, that's very true I hear that a lot, but I'm sure you could ask them for me please without causing a divorce

Just want to see the actual demand to see if it's worth while for me to set one up
Old 24 January 2013, 11:02 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

men -- stand your ground

do not be an "enabler"
Old 24 January 2013, 11:09 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
men -- stand your ground

do not be an "enabler"
But don't stop them buying em
Old 24 January 2013, 11:11 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start hiding some of them, youd be amazed how many pairs are forgotten about. My missus must have 100 pairs plus and wears maybe 3 over any given month and wears the mankiest looking "comfy" cork soled flip flop things day in day out.

Women, illogical *******s.
Old 24 January 2013, 11:33 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last count was 80 shoes / boots
And nearly 40 handbags
She only has 2 feet and a credit card can't understand it
Then when she gets a new bag she has to have shoes to match

I don't know then she twines at me for spending hundreds and thousands on subarus and she say we only need a car to get from A-B
Old 24 January 2013, 11:38 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
The last count was 80 shoes / boots
And nearly 40 handbags
She only has 2 feet and a credit card can't understand it

I don't know then she twines at me for spending hundreds and thousands on subarus and she say we only need a car to get from A-B
Is that in a month or yearly or total?

And that's why I don't question her as that's what I get fired back at me with cars and mods that are hundreds and even thousands so it's no comparison.
Old 24 January 2013, 11:39 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Buy her this bag then

Old 24 January 2013, 11:40 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

I love shoes but I've finally realised I don't need to buy anymore because I don't go out enough to wear them.
I never wear heels unless I'm out on the town, which nowadays is never.
In the last year I got a pair of heels for my birthday night out in jan (2012), some black boots in September and some new uggs for Xmas.
No bags either.
Old 24 January 2013, 11:43 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Is that in a month or yearly or total?

And that's why I don't question her as that's what I get fired back at me with cars and mods that are hundreds and even thousands so it's no comparison.
Yeah, but your one mod is their 10 shoes or 3 handbags, right? Your one car means her wardrobe for 3 years. So why are you and the members of your species moaning for?

You need to put yourself in their shoe to know why their nonsense shopping means so much to them. You see, many men are obsessed with tools, cars, mods, **** and sh!te like that. Many women are obsessed with shoes and handbags. Equal.
Old 24 January 2013, 11:47 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

Also, I can't beleive how many of you get moaned at for spending on your car!

I just couldn't, I wouldn't have the cheek to complain what someone spent THEIR money on.
Perhaps that's ridiculous of me. I've never been married so maybe things change.
Old 24 January 2013, 11:58 PM
saints_forever
Scooby Regular

She generally buys a couple of cheap pairs of work shoes every 2-3 months, so about £20 each time, and then about a pair every few months or a nice pair for a special occasion, so maybe £260-£300 a year.

Like Turbohot says, it generally evens out, I pay £26 (or whatever it is) a month for Sky Sports plus all the extra money running my scooby compared to her diesel Clio. We all have our passions and hobbies.

Plus to be fair, last year I spent £185 on 2 pairs of work boots, £85 on footy boots, and £140 on 4 pairs of K-Swiss trainers, so I can't really talk haha!
Old 25 January 2013, 12:18 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Yeah, but your one mod is their 10 shoes or 3 handbags, right? Your one car means her wardrobe for 3 years. So why are you and the members of your species moaning for?

You need to put yourself in their shoe to know why their nonsense shopping means so much to them. You see, many men are obsessed with tools, cars, mods, **** and sh!te like that. Many women are obsessed with shoes and handbags. Equal.
Lol I do see your point, I don't care what she spends her money on, it's upto her what she buys IMO, it's just a good conversation of banter between us at times.

I actually have a genuine intrest as I'm thinking of opening a nice posh shoe shop.

Seems like there is women that spend but just hide/blag their partners so that's good enough for me that the majority of women are spending and it won't stop. Women's porogative.
Old 25 January 2013, 12:35 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Lol I do see your point, I don't care what she spends her money on, it's upto her what she buys IMO, it's just a good conversation of banter between us at times.

I actually have a genuine intrest as I'm thinking of opening a nice posh shoe shop.

Seems like there is women that spend but just hide/blag their partners so that's good enough for me that the majority of women are spending and it won't stop. Women's porogative.
Bantering is always good in relationship, bustaMOVEs.

Shoe shop business is a good idea indeed. You could add some cool handbags, scarves and fancy tights to your stock as well. I'd stick some fancy chocolates on the service counter, too. Wimmins will love spending their cash in your shop.
Old 25 January 2013, 12:44 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The only person I know with more clothes than my other half is me. I don't even go shopping all gets given as presents. I have a family member with some weird shopping OCD can't choose a jumper in a shop, buys one of each then I end up with the complete contents of an entire shop, was Aubin and Willis this year, I got one of everything they had for sale at their Bicester shop.
Old 25 January 2013, 12:58 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

MrsD probably buys about 7-8 pairs of what I'd call functional shoes per year, and then probably 2 or 3 times that number of dressy/unwearable shoes on top of that. Since she looks good in them though, who am I to complain

Yet when I spent £140 on a new pair of walking boots last month, eyebrows were raised. The old ones were ten years old FFS

Daughter seemingly has a new pair of shoes on every time she goes out, but that's for her boyfriend to deal with, not me

I do get comments from both about not needing 3 motorbikes though, since I can only use one at any time, the irony is completely lost on them
Old 25 January 2013, 01:14 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I must be an exception here. In 2011, I bought a pair of shoes 'for good'. Up until that point, I generally wore trainers for work (would buy about 1 pair per year) until they changed the uniform policy which meant I had to go out and buy another pair of shoes for work, so that year I spent about £60.

I've bought nothing since, perhaps because I don't go out much, I don't need loads of shoes...I did get a new pair for Christmas for work, so that saved me having to buy them.

As for handbags, much the same. A couple of years ago I was given one as a gift which is more suited to using if I was going out, the one I use day to day was also a gift (about 1-2 years ago) and is still in perfectly good condition, so god knows when I actually last bought one myself.
Old 25 January 2013, 01:30 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Lisa, I don't buy that many shoes and handbags either every so often. I have some lovely shoes and beautiful handbags, but the number is limited. Only about 500 of them, I mean. However, some of my friends are obsessed with them. They buy fancy shoes very often and go around tick-tocking in most impractical heels. I don't know how they manage, but they very well do.

I have only one pair of snowboots that I had to dig out last week. Damn good boots to keep my little feet warm, I have to say.
Old 25 January 2013, 08:05 AM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

My ex had wardrobes full of 'nothing to wear'.
Old 25 January 2013, 08:38 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I quite like a woman in high heels so my wife takes that as licence to buy them. The condition is that she wears them later

Steve
Old 25 January 2013, 09:31 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

My missus has far too many pairs of shoes / boots / pumps etc.

However, due to extenuating circumstances, she has a lot stored in her parents summer house. She cannot actually get into the summer house without a military operation to remove boxes.

We have a rule, well I do. For every pair of shoes she brings in, one old pair has to be removed.
Old 25 January 2013, 09:58 AM
Dave-W-
Scooby Regular

my mrs buys a lot of designer bags and i encourage her to do so and i expect her to encourage me when the scoob needs a few upgrades
Old 25 January 2013, 11:56 AM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

I don't buy that many shoes because I get bored trying them on.

In the last twelve months I've only bought two new pairs but I know my friends do buy them much more frequently. They seem to split into two groups; they either buy cheapy ones from Primark or similar or they go for brands like Ted Baker and pay £80 and upwards.

I've got twenty one pairs of shoes and then another ten pairs that I've never worn plus nine pairs of boots. I think I wear the same two pairs about 98% of the time, the others are too high to wear on a daily basis

All the 'stand alone' shoe shops in our area have closed (Dolcis, Faith, FHW etc) so I guess most women are buying them in the clothes shops/ department stores. There is one boutique-y kind of shoe shop and they have been open over twenty years, I think they do well because they only get a few in of each style so you know you aren't going to see every other woman wearing the same as you.

Handbags are a completely different matter....I am not willing to admit how many I have
Old 25 January 2013, 01:42 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I must be lucky , my wife tends to buy shoes and handbags when needed not just for the sake of it.

Don't think I couldn't put up with a woman who had! To have them ,she also don't spend £80 every 6 weeks at the hairdressers either
Old 25 January 2013, 01:51 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Handbags; almost never.
Shoes; I often buy them for her. Max one pair every fee months.
Old 25 January 2013, 01:55 PM
Emmaroids
BANNED

Dont really buy shoes or handbags, last pair of heels i bought was about 6 months ago and some boots for winter, and my handbag about 3 years ago! i like to spend any spare money on my car
Old 25 January 2013, 01:55 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant

Don't think I couldn't put up with a woman who had! To have them ,she also don't spend £80 every 6 weeks at the hairdressers either
Don't get me started on hair, extensions need to be done every three months and they cost a fortune.
Old 25 January 2013, 02:37 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Went to meadohall today and missus wanted some new boots for hospital for when she goes into labour ........

You may find that modern thinking suggests that women take their boots off when they give birth.....

dl

Quick Reply: How often does your wife/girlfriend/lady buy shoes or handbags?