Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

They're still at it......

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2013, 09:13 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They're still at it......

So, I'm looking for a new daily runner for work (circa 25k miles a year) and have decided on a Vectra diesel 150.

I'm in the far South West and so I'm looking nation wide. Whilst on Autotrader I came up with this beauty.

http://autotrader.mobi/used-cars/adv...plde5vt7fusch0

All well and good until I click on the link to the trader's website and looked at the pics in more detail. I noticed something different about this Vauxhall: it's half Opel! Wonder why that is, oh yeah it's Keighley Trade Centre, 'nuff said! I did phone and ask and was told that "They made some like that." Yeah, really?

Last edited by gpssti4; 26 January 2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 26 January 2013, 09:36 AM
Dale17
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's either a vauxall or Opel I thought
Old 26 January 2013, 11:46 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Vauxpel.....unique and maybe worth a little more.
Old 26 January 2013, 02:43 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Vauxpel.....unique and maybe worth a little more.

..... or not as the case may be!
Old 26 January 2013, 03:02 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

the front bumper looks a completely different shade of silver to the rest of the car!
Old 26 January 2013, 03:03 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I'm sure on www.migweb.co.uk this subject has been discussed. Soemthing to do with where the car was build - then given the opel badge.

IIRC
Old 26 January 2013, 03:05 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by hill79
the front bumper looks a completely different shade of silver to the rest of the car!
Drivers side defo !
Old 26 January 2013, 07:56 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

The Opel badge at the front and Vauxhall badge at the rear says "walk away!". If it was completely badged as an Opel and registered as such I wouldn't be too worried as it would probably have been originally registered in Ireland.

If the front and the back don't match......... whoever did the cut and shut wasn't paying attention!
Old 26 January 2013, 08:14 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

In fairness I've seen brand new Vauxhall with mismatching panels..espceially between plastic and metal panels (although the factory paint match on Renaults and Fords are worse).

Sure some muppet may have had a ding and replaced the grille with a new one bought cheap off a EU ebay seller, but that doesn't always mean its been in a heavy prang....at least you now know where to look just to make sure it is ok.

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 January 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 26 January 2013, 08:26 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
In fairness I've seen brand new Vauxhall with mismatching panels..espceially between plastic and metal panels (although the factory paint match on Renaults and Fords are worse).

Sure some muppet may have had a ding and replaced the grille with a new one bought cheap off a EU ebay seller, but that doesn't always mean its been in a heavy prang....at least you now know where to look just to make sure it is ok.
You may be right but whatever the reason for the miss-match, the dealer claiming 'some of them were made that way' is completely wrong. Opel OR Vaux, not both. If it were a simple case of the previous owner replacing a damaged grille with an incorrect Opel part then why not be upfront about it? Enough doubt in my mind to look elsewhere, especially with a commonly available car.
Old 27 January 2013, 07:08 AM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

if was changing the vaux badge grill for an opel one id at least change the badge on the back too.. i ended up taking the rear one off altogther. in some shots our vec looks like the bumpers are diffrent colours as well. saying that it is from KTC so its probably the bumper off a homemade S202. plenty of vec`s about so that ones best avoided!
Old 27 January 2013, 08:00 AM
toneh
Scooby Regular

I purchased a brand new vectra from vauxhall dealer in 96 ( big mistake )
It turned out it was one of two in the uk that was kitted with all the available irmscher add ons to feature in the uk irmscher brochure , that came with vauxhall front and back , but the front was glued in and packed out with wood ,seriously ( and looked awful )
I asked why on earth have you done that , the reply was " it's not a uk bumper with provision for a uk badge / insert , but as its a new car we have to put something in there "
Needless to say it was took out and I replaced it with an Opel badge (which is what it was designed for )
This is probably not the case with this car , but shows how stuff can end up looking dodgy
Btw I'd walk away from it , purely because its a vauxhall , biggest heaps of ****e I've had the displeasure of owning