Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Sky HD package

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2013, 10:10 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Sky HD package

Sky have now realised now not everyone wants to pay £10 for HD so now they have released the Entertainment Extra + package,

Introductory offer of £2.50 for 3 months then only £5 after, this is ideal if you dont subscribe to movies and sports like myself

in the words of the old codger psl dip yer'bread

www.sky.com/skyoffer
Old 27 April 2013, 10:13 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I won't be returning to sky again unless my current deal expires, there an absolute rip off. I get everything I need for as little as £8 per month.
Old 27 April 2013, 11:53 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
I won't be returning to sky again unless my current deal expires, there an absolute rip off. I get everything I need for as little as £8 per month.
Same here. I had phone, BB, sports, HD (all but movies) and it was costing around £90 a month! Cancelled eight months ago and don't miss it.
Old 27 April 2013, 12:33 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
Sky have now realised now not everyone wants to pay £10 for HD so now they have released the Entertainment Extra + package,

Introductory offer of £2.50 for 3 months then only £5 after, this is ideal if you dont subscribe to movies and sports like myself

in the words of the old codger psl dip yer'bread

www.sky.com/skyoffer
So for those of us already with HD do we get these new channels too?
Old 27 April 2013, 01:14 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I signed up to sky last July with one of those 50% discount codes. I have the full hd, sports, films, etc. Total waste of money IMO and will be cancelling it soon.

You'd have to be off your nut to pay the full price
Old 27 April 2013, 01:17 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
So for those of us already with HD do we get these new channels too?
they are not new channels but if you dont have sports or movies its worth having as you're saving a fiver also it supposed to give you more ondemand stuff
Old 27 April 2013, 01:30 PM
hpoolsteve
Scooby Regular

I pay £88 per month from sky for everything. I Would give my right arm to go to virgin, but not in a cable area....

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2013, 01:44 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure cable will be any cheaper. A couple of lads at work are having to pay around £25 a month extra to virgin media just to see the F1, free on sky if you have HD so no need to pay for sky sports.

I suppose it all depends on what packages you need, I have the hd package with multi room, no sports or movies and it costs me £45 a month. I get more channels than I need plus both Eurosport channels which does me.

Nik

Originally Posted by hpoolsteve
I pay £88 per month from sky for everything. I Would give my right arm to go to virgin, but not in a cable area....
Old 27 April 2013, 02:38 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

One word "dingbfc1"
Old 27 April 2013, 06:32 PM
Scooby220
Scooby Regular

Who are you with now if you don't mind me asking ?
Old 28 April 2013, 06:56 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bloody hell!!! How do you guys find the time to watch all that TV to make it worthwhile spending that amount? I've just got freesat and freeview and still don't manage to watch half of what I record.
Old 28 April 2013, 09:47 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Bloody hell!!! How do you guys find the time to watch all that TV to make it worthwhile spending that amount? I've just got freesat and freeview and still don't manage to watch half of what I record.
Personally I don't pay an excessive amount. And also for a family of four with myself working shifts and various child minders (mainly family), its not just for me
Old 28 April 2013, 09:19 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

For existing HD subscribers I wouldnt mess with your package too much or you may risk losing F1. They've put it with sports now for new customers.
Old 29 April 2013, 11:17 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

One word "dingbfc1"

They've put it with sports now for new customers.
Sneaky gits! When did that happen!?
Old 29 April 2013, 03:27 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Start of April.

If you had HD then you are fine. If you want F1 now you have to pay for sports and I think an extra premium to have HD. I think its like £25 or something.

I'm told if you make changes to other packages like movies or the entertainment packages then you are alright. Mess with HD and you'll lose it. I'd also be careful taking sports then cancelling after the discount period.

Utter con. Bernie must be OK with it or else he'd have made a comment by now - I would think anyway.
Old 30 April 2013, 08:52 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

also if you dont subscribe to sports or movies then you can't watch any sports or movies on the 3d channel
Old 30 April 2013, 11:54 PM
DARB
Scooby Regular

I cancelled Sky a few months ago. To temp me to stay they offered a massive £5 discount for six months, I told them I needed a better Internet as the 2.5meg they supplied wasn't good enough. But still they offered me this massive discount !! Obviously they weren't listening. Within three weeks I was receiving letters offering me 50% off, so it you can live without it for a couple of weeks then maybe it wouldbe worth actually cancelling rather than just threatening to cancel
Old 01 May 2013, 12:04 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I always play the rubbish movie package and say there all repeats and old films etc and say I want to downgrade as I use Xbox to watch movies and it's cheaper for pay per views.
Mention Netflix and zune(which is now Xbox thingy) and they give me 30% off total bill for 9 months
I have everything inc phone and bb, minus sports.
Old 01 May 2013, 11:04 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyboy
also if you dont subscribe to sports or movies then you can't watch any sports or movies on the 3d channel
I didn't know that...... thought the 3D content was free for 3D subscribers....
Old 01 May 2013, 11:30 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Nope.
Its the same with HD - you must subscribe to the package in order to get it in HD
Old 01 May 2013, 12:28 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Makes sense, otherwise you could expect to subscribe to the HD package and get ALL the channels, sports, films, etc.
Old 01 May 2013, 06:31 PM
95turbowagon
Scooby Regular

I got a call of them about 4 months ago offering me HD for the year for £2 a month.
Old 01 May 2013, 09:39 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
exactly what i thought, the man at sky didn't tell me this little gem of info so i changed the package so i could watch the 3d channel and it turns out i can only watch half of it as the other half is all movies and sport.
i've submitted a complaint to them and i'm still waiting for them to get back to me, if they haven't got back by sunday then it's another phone call again and this time i won't be so polite!!
Old 02 May 2013, 09:14 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

exactly what i thought, the man at sky didn't tell me this little gem of info so i changed the package so i could watch the 3d channel and it turns out i can only watch half of it as the other half is all movies and sport.
i've submitted a complaint to them and i'm still waiting for them to get back to me, if they haven't got back by sunday then it's another phone call again and this time i won't be so polite!!
I really can't believe that you thought a subscription to the 3D channel got you everything.
Either that or your chancing your arm
Old 02 May 2013, 09:48 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
I really can't believe that you thought a subscription to the 3D channel got you everything.
Either that or your chancing your arm
Yeah does seem a little bit silly
Old 02 May 2013, 10:27 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
Yeah does seem a little bit silly
See that package at £40 per month, well here's £10 per month for it instead
Old 02 May 2013, 10:50 AM
EOEUMC
Scooby Regular

I moved to Sky broadband and phone just over a year ago and for 8 months I had probs with the net keep dropping out when it wanted to. Anyway over that 8 months I got everything changed from my house back to the exchange and even had a lift and shift. Eventually it got sorted. I now have Sky unlimited broadband, free weekend calls and the entertainments pack all for £32 per month and that also includes the monthly line rental. I was quite happy with that deal as it worked out about £2 a month more than I was paying before They offered me the HD channel pack for £5 p/month instead of then £10 p/month. Night have to look in to HD for the new lower price
Old 03 May 2013, 09:33 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

no i don't believe it should get me all the sports and movies but i do believe that i should be able to watch everything on the 3d channel so if sky decide to put a movie on it in 3d then i should be able to watch it, if sky want to show movies in 3d but want you to subscribe to the movie channel to watch it then show them on a dedicated 3d movie channel, same goes for the sports as well.
whats the point of getting people to change all their subscriptions knowing full well they can't change back and then only show you half of the content on the channel you changed it all round for, big rip off if you ask me.

and nearly a week now and no reply from sky

Last edited by scoobyboy; 03 May 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07 May 2013, 09:55 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

no i don't believe it should get me all the sports and movies but i do believe that i should be able to watch everything on the 3d channel so if sky decide to put a movie on it in 3d then i should be able to watch it, if sky want to show movies in 3d but want you to subscribe to the movie channel to watch it then show them on a dedicated 3d movie channel, same goes for the sports as well.
whats the point of getting people to change all their subscriptions knowing full well they can't change back and then only show you half of the content on the channel you changed it all round for, big rip off if you ask me.

and nearly a week now and no reply from sky
They're probably still passing your email round and wondering, is they boy taking the ****?

Who did you email anyway?
Old 07 May 2013, 12:08 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
They're probably still passing your email round and wondering, is they boy taking the ****?

Who did you email anyway?
iwantfullpackageforatenner@bskyb.com

Quick Reply: New Sky HD package