Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Please sign this petition

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2013, 08:45 AM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please sign this petition

I know that many people may not hold a high opinion of lawyers, but Chris Grayling seems determined to wreck our legal system.

Would you go to Eddie Stobart's or Tesco's for legal advice if you found yourself facing serious criminal charges?!! Because that is what Chris Grayling wants to happen!!

I'm sure that a mother supporting her son who has been falsely accused of rape, doesn't look at the Barrister representing him and think "I hope they are the cheapest you can get!". You may think it could never affect you but it could. Anyone could end up in a Crown Court dock-momentary lapse of attention in driving resulting in someone's death, false allegations etc.

Please please sign this petition. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/48628 #saveukjustice

Also if anyone on twitter could tweet the link with #saveukjustice , I'd be most grateful.

Thank you
Old 03 May 2013, 09:11 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The less money that is thrown at lawyers the better IMO, sorry!
Old 03 May 2013, 07:53 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's fine. I respect you view. But how much do you really know about what we earn?

After paying staff expenses, chambers rent, business tools (legal text books, insurance, practicing certificate fees, online legal access etc), tax and vat, I take home less than £25,000 per year.

I work 6 days a week, sometimes 7. At least 12 hours a day, sometime 16 if i'm in a trial.

I get paid as and when the government want to pay me (for example I am still waiting to be paid for a case I finished in December 2011) and my fees are fixed.

I prosecute (representing the victims of crime) and I defend (occasionally someone who is innocent). I see picture and images of things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I live in a 2-up, 2-down house. I haven't had a holiday since August 2010. I took one week off last year.

I do all of the above because I passionately believe in Justice for all.

By all means, think I get paid too much. I have advised people on here about various matters via PM for no fee and without complaint.

But ask yourself this, if you are a victim of crime within the next few years and cannot get justice because of these cuts, will you still believe that we get too much money??