Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cyprus Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 26 July 2013, 08:40 AM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyprus Recommendations

Looking to spend 1 week self catering for two in September if poss, prefer smaller resorts/hotels/villas etc close to beach. Not bothered about manic nightlife but nice to be close to a town for restaurants etc.

Not been to the island before so any recommendations or anywhere to avoid?
Old 26 July 2013, 08:56 AM
Bristol98
Scooby Regular

We stayed just outside Aiya Napa in some villa back in '03, was perfect, a twenty minute walk into the centre but nice and quiet enough on an evening....
Old 26 July 2013, 09:16 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 496 Likes on 339 Posts

I went limassol years and years back in the very early 90's.....was really good there but im not sure what its like now.we used to go to a restaurant called big ben that did a hhuuugggeeee burger
Old 26 July 2013, 11:02 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Go to the turkish part it's very quiet.
Old 26 July 2013, 11:50 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Paphos is nice especially round the harbour area, there are plenty of bars, restaurants and ice cream shops etc. Boats trips are a plenty aswell as the large ruins excavation right there. You can also get a bus to Coral bay and go via another archealogical dig site if you want. The bus fare was 1 euro to anywhere when I was last there in 2010. Limassol is not as good as it used to be but stiill nice and Aya Napa will be full of tourists and kids.

Last edited by Wurzel; 26 July 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 26 July 2013, 04:12 PM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Paphos is nice especially round the harbour area, there are plenty of bars, restaurants and ice cream shops etc. Boats trips are a plenty aswell as the large ruins excavation right there. You can also get a bus to Coral bay and go via another archealogical dig site if you want. The bus fare was 1 euro to anywhere when I was last there in 2010. Limassol is not as good as it used to be but stiill nice and Aya Napa will be full of tourists and kids.

I'm getting married on Coral Bay next May. We went out in February to give us an idea (place was a ghost-town, out of season) and we loved it. We've booked out the entire complex called Avillion which is between The Marina and Coral Bay and the bus ride that goes between the 2 was 1 euro, or 3 euro's to use it as much as you like all day. Our Wedding planner owns an Indian Restaurant on the Three Kings road called Zaphron, which I highly recommend.

Coral Bay....

Old 26 July 2013, 04:19 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Pathos is nice, not too rowdy, my mate got married there on a yot, very nice, and good bars and restaurants, close to harbour with markets shops etc.
Can't remember hotel but there's a few directly on the beach front.
Popular for weddings too and good fun.
Don't forget to hire a buggy
Old 26 July 2013, 04:35 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Paphos is certainly a good place for a holiday. Good beach.

Good idea to hire a car so that you can tour around the island. Well worth doing,there is a lot to see.

Les
Old 26 July 2013, 06:47 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

I've been to Cyprus several times, Last time was in October - We always go the the east side of the island (Protaras Area) and we love it. My mum and dad also go often too, They have friends who live over there so they stop with them - I've never been to the West side (Paphos) but my mum and dad have and they said it's nice but they prefer the Protaras area.

Personally I'd suggest the Pernera area of Protaras, It's not near the main stretch but only a 10-15 minute walk away or 1.50 euro on the bus which runs every 10 minutes. There is plenty of choice for eating / drinking and only a few minutes walk to the beach.