Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fcuking ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2013, 06:46 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ******* ebay.....

About 2 weeks ago I confirmed and verified a new email address to receive my payments from when I sell crap on eBay.... I checked my PayPal and made it my primary email and deleted my old one, job done I thought.

Anyway, sold an item and the auction ended on Sunday. Buyer has paid for item and eBay gave him my OLD email address to make the payment to. Why the **** did eBay use my old mail? I have no record of this payment because technically this email address is none existent. It says on my sold item "PAYMENT PENDING". What the heck I receive a email from Paypal saying 'to claim the money click this link etc', I click the link and it takes me straight to the login page of Paypal.... I log in and it says "INVALID TRANSACTION ID".

So basically, this money has vanished, the buyer thinks he has paid and has sent me a screen shot of his confirmation and I've tried to explain to him what's going on.

It's impossible to speak to anyone from eBay or PayPal directly, my only option has been through some sh!te "contact eBay and we'll get back to you within 24 hours" and even when they do I doubt it'll be fixed.

I've checked my payment options on eBay and my correct/newer email address is confirmed so why did eBayer use my OLD one?

Seriously frustrated.
Old 29 July 2013, 08:13 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't the buyer just pull his payment back and re pay you ?
Not 100% as I ****ing hate eBay with a vengeance ......most things are cheaper in a shop
Old 29 July 2013, 09:15 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

He could do but I assume he wants to do it officially through eBay because as far as he's concerned, he's already paid for the item. He seems to be OK about the situation so far... guess I'll wait and see if eBay get back to me.
Old 29 July 2013, 09:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If I was the buyer and my money had gone somewhere then I would want the item ..... there are a lot of scams on E-bay and suspicious activity like this would worry the hell out of me as a buyer.

Are we talking a lot of money? If not then I would send the item as an act of goodwill and take your case to E-Bay? It's not the buyers fault, after all.
Old 29 July 2013, 09:32 PM
v7sti
Scooby Regular

I brought a car last year and the bloke gave me 3 wrong emails if it comes up with the transaction I'd fail it will not go from his account anyway....
Old 29 July 2013, 09:59 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

This happened to me a few months ago. When you listed the item, eBay asked which PayPal email address to use, you picked the old one (or rather it defaulted to the normal address and you didn't change it).

Ring Paypal, I think there's an option on Paypal's website to request a call slot, they give you a reference and a number to call. They couldn't have been more helpful and since it was clear both addresses were registered to me they simply transferred the funds from the old account to the new one, it took 10 minutes max.
Old 29 July 2013, 10:11 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by v7sti
I brought a car last year and the bloke gave me 3 wrong emails if it comes up with the transaction I'd fail it will not go from his account anyway....
I'm interested, why do you say you bRought a car when in fact you bought a car? see what I did then?

No R in bought ....... it has puzzled me why some people do this when it's clearly so wrong? Not having a pop at all, you are not alone, I'm just curious?
Old 29 July 2013, 10:25 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Google it!
For some reason there are a hell of a lot of people who mistake the two, not sure why though with totally different meanings

Nik

Originally Posted by pslewis
I'm interested, why do you say you bRought a car when in fact you bought a car? see what I did then?

No R in bought ....... it has puzzled me why some people do this when it's clearly so wrong? Not having a pop at all, you are not alone, I'm just curious?
Old 29 July 2013, 11:55 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
If I was the buyer and my money had gone somewhere then I would want the item ..... there are a lot of scams on E-bay and suspicious activity like this would worry the hell out of me as a buyer.

Are we talking a lot of money? If not then I would send the item as an act of goodwill and take your case to E-Bay? It's not the buyers fault, after all.
If I put myself in the buyers shoes, then yes even I would think it's a little suspicious and I can fully understand any concerns.

We're talking £70 so only loose change really.

Just had another look on PayPal's website and there is a telephone number so I'll give that a ring tomorrow morning.

Last edited by LSherratt; 29 July 2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 30 July 2013, 10:41 AM
CarBen Fibre Creations
Former Sponsor

The money wont have left the buyers account, if its not a valid email it sits in limbo and the buyer can cancel the transaction from his/her account and then you can invoice again
Old 30 July 2013, 01:34 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

All sorted now. Had a response from eBay and all I had to do was add my old email address back into PayPal and the money automatically went into my account.