999 - what's your emergency?

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2013, 09:55 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 999 - what's your emergency?

Anyone watching tonight's episode?

What a ****ing disgrace - some of these babies have absolutely no hope, no future, whatsoever.

6 month pregnant woman, in a car crash in a stolen car being driven by her boyfriend.
Turns out she already has six kids and all of them are in care.
When asked about the unborn child she says it too will be going into care...

Little baby with bruising to its back, clothes, cot and car seat all drenched in alcohol from his pissed up parents - it was being taken to hospital for its own safety!

I just don't know how the doctors, nurses, coppers can keep so calm.
I'm so ****ing angry and annoyed....
Old 12 November 2013, 03:06 AM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

I'd be slapping people!!

I didn't pay much attention this week, as soon as I heard screaming babies and women giving birth I lost interest! I did see/hear most of it though and it was just ridiculous. You're right, what chance have the ever got?

The previous two weeks episodes had me in tears, it was about elderly people and dying. Really really sad :-(
Old 12 November 2013, 07:07 AM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellie*

I didn't pay much attention this week, as soon as I heard screaming babies and women giving birth I lost interest! I did see/hear most of it though and it was just ridiculous
Same !
Old 12 November 2013, 08:04 AM
JohnnyBlaze
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by zip106

What a ****ing disgrace - some of these babies have absolutely no hope, no future, whatsoever.

6 month pregnant woman, in a car crash in a stolen car being driven by her boyfriend.

Little baby with bruising to its back, clothes, cot and car seat all drenched in alcohol from his pissed up parents - it was being taken to hospital for its own safety!

I can't stand to see baby's and kids in them situations it makes my stomach turn, when my son was born he was in intensive care for a while and they were newborns in there been weened off heroin! The smack head mums bragging to each other about the amount there babies were down to. Disgusting
Old 12 November 2013, 08:56 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zip106

Got me wound up too!! Sterilisation for that slapper is the only answer.
Old 12 November 2013, 12:28 PM
Adam@SC
Scooby Regular

Results of a system that pays ignorant people to have kids!
Old 12 November 2013, 02:02 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Believe me its hard to keep your tounge twisted especially when you know what you want to say. Trouble is sadly its her right to choose if she wants to reproduce. We know its all wrong but they only do it to earn a few extra pennies.
Old 12 November 2013, 02:43 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bean1984
Believe me its hard to keep your tounge twisted especially when you know what you want to say. Trouble is sadly its her right to choose if she wants to reproduce. We know its all wrong but they only do it to earn a few extra pennies.
Shouldn't be her right. If you can't afford them or care for them don't have them or face forced sterilisation! F**king sick of people and their right to have kids!
Old 12 November 2013, 02:46 PM
andylinney
Scooby Regular

Try working for the NHS, stories like these are every day occurrences.
Old 12 November 2013, 02:51 PM
g7prs
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adam@SC
Results of a system that pays ignorant people to have kids!
Not really true when they have all the kids removed. We are paying other people to raise these poor kids although hopefully the kids that are removed are the lucky ones.
Old 12 November 2013, 02:59 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andylinney
Try working for the NHS, stories like these are every day occurrences.
You see another world when you work in the nhs/health care.
I'm lucky too, I've worked in pretty decent places and 'behind the scenes' so avoided most direct contact.

Originally Posted by g7prs
Not really true when they have all the kids removed. We are paying other people to raise these poor kids although hopefully the kids that are removed are the lucky ones.
Hopefully they will get lucky in being removed from their waste of space parents. But even that can go awfully wrong too sadly.
Old 12 November 2013, 06:17 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Makes me mad supporting Idiots like that.
On the other hand you had the dad on the programme about high rents & house prices.He is a single parent looking after his daughter,working on a low wage & claiming no benefits.They showed him breaking down on camera,crying with the shame of having to use a food bank some weeks to survive.

He's the one who should be getting the help.Someone has their priorities wrong.
Actually made me ashamed to be British.
Old 12 November 2013, 06:26 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

All too common a story! Try being a fly on the wall in A&E for just one evening, and then four years or so! For an educated country we sure do have a lot of very poorly educated people living in it.

The way a lot of us live makes shameless look like some sort of curious biography of some of the tamer families out there.

Be thankful for the life you live I guess.

Unfortunately a lot of these folk are beyond help, don't want it and would want to hurt you very badly for intervening.
Old 12 November 2013, 07:41 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
On the other hand you had the dad on the programme about high rents & house prices.He is a single parent looking after his daughter,working on a low wage & claiming no benefits.They showed him breaking down on camera,crying with the shame of having to use a food bank some weeks to survive.
i suspect the reality is that he represents the silent majority - ordinary people trying to do their best in difficult circumstances

the people described in the OP's post are the modern equivalent of the Victorian freak show – and unsurprisingly serve the same purpose
Old 13 November 2013, 10:06 AM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
the people described in the OP's post are the modern equivalent of the Victorian freak show – and unsurprisingly serve the same purpose
Try being one of the Police who have to deal with these lot and their 'issues', some pathetic slight usually on Facebook or some other nonsense on how they've been 'disrespected'

It breaks my heart when you see these kids and the s**t life they have.
I've taken kids off of their parents and handed them over to social services only to find they've returned them a short while later
These people have no concept of the responsibilities they have when they breed

As for the elderly, I went to a sudden death on Sunday. An elderly man had fallen down some stairs and had been found dead at the foot of his stairs.
Either the fall killed him or a heart attack.
After the paramedics had confirmed death I had to sit with the body whilst the coroners and a carpenter arrived (I'd had to force entry)
I was sat looking at his family pictures and they looked just like my parents own

I then had to break the news to his only daughter. She was a mess.
Their last conversation was a big argument on Saturday evening and he was dead a few hours later

Having through work been in a few old folks homes and my local prison recently I can honestly say this country looks after prisoners better than the elderly

Life sucks sometimes
Old 13 November 2013, 10:29 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonehead

Having through work been in a few old folks homes and my local prison recently I can honestly say this country looks after prisoners better than the elderly

Life sucks sometimes
Unfortunately you are correct, when on earth will the balance be redressed? Never is the answer