Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Steve Evans WOW!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2013, 08:33 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Steve Evans WOW!!

Just seen him on breakfast tv, he has terminal cancer and sadly is near the end of his "journey". What a top bloke with such a positive attitude, almost had me in tears.
Old 21 November 2013, 10:07 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes he has a great attitude. I think he is one of the 'luckier' ones though in that he has had the time and opportunity, and, it has to be said the right attitude, to make his decisions. Many cancer victims don't get the chance.
I have lost a couple of friends in recent years to cancer and they had barely a couple of months from diagnosis to come to terms with their fate before they departed, let alone make a plan for the rest of what remained of their lives. One of them was the son of a friend who was barely in his twenties. Within 3 months of him first feeling something wasn't quite right he was gone.
It's difficult to tell how badly Steve has been affected by his illness in his day to day existance as he looks remarkably well on TV. As Mr. Evans has pointed out though, it's not just the patient that has to cope with the trauma of dealing with cancer. It's something that touches everyone that plays a part in that life.
Old 21 November 2013, 03:06 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Just looked this guy up and what a great attitude he has. Hope he can enjoy what time he has left with his family.
Old 21 November 2013, 04:09 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

He's was on five live this afternoon and did have me in tears
Old 21 November 2013, 04:26 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Yes he has a great attitude. I think he is one of the 'luckier' ones though in that he has had the time and opportunity, and, it has to be said the right attitude, to make his decisions. Many cancer victims don't get the chance.
I have lost a couple of friends in recent years to cancer and they had barely a couple of months from diagnosis to come to terms with their fate before they departed, let alone make a plan for the rest of what remained of their lives. One of them was the son of a friend who was barely in his twenties. Within 3 months of him first feeling something wasn't quite right he was gone.
It's difficult to tell how badly Steve has been affected by his illness in his day to day existance as he looks remarkably well on TV. As Mr. Evans has pointed out though, it's not just the patient that has to cope with the trauma of dealing with cancer. It's something that touches everyone that plays a part in that life.
My misses had the same scenario with her brother who had lymph cancer. From flash to bang it was three months, his son was only one at the time and he was the middle brother of three. He was a complete star, life and soul, good, bad, all the usual cliches really but f**k it hurt all around him when he died.

In his last month he got married when he was quite poorly but remained stoic through it all. That was three years ago but he is still so sorely missed by all.

Steve Evans is an inspiration and hopefully he will be used as an example for some of the no mark disability hunters out there.
Old 21 November 2013, 04:54 PM
AndyBaker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
My misses had the same scenario with her brother who had lymph cancer. From flash to bang it was three months, his son was only one at the time and he was the middle brother of three. He was a complete star, life and soul, good, bad, all the usual cliches really but f**k it hurt all around him when he died.

In his last month he got married when he was quite poorly but remained stoic through it all. That was three years ago but he is still so sorely missed by all.

Steve Evans is an inspiration and hopefully he will be used as an example for some of the no mark disability hunters out there.
I agree with the sentiment that it affects all around, my sister has cohn's disease and after an operation some 10 years ago she got a bad infection that wouldn't let her lungs work and she ended up on a life support machine for about a week and then we as a family were taken into a room and told that in 2 hours we would be having a difficult conversation regarding the life support machine.

Anyway this FANTASTIC consultant called Baz who was as black as your hat and very funny said "there's something I'd just like to try" and 10 years later my lovely sister is still here, she won't be doing a hundred metre dash anytime soon but she's here. It affected (and still does) us all as a family really badly.