Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Track cars, turbo or n/a??

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2004, 10:58 PM
Midmotorsteve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track cars, turbo or n/a??

So lots of power out of the turbo motors but to get the most out of them on the track arn't they harder to drive on the limit oppose n/a cars?

I have a n/a mr2 and one thing that put me off 'upgrading' to a turbo is I'd have thought them far harder to drive on the limit than a n/a. Do you just learn to have the revs at a totally different place or is it just you have to be far more skilled to keep them on boost round corners with out spinning due to the shed loads of torque they put out?

I've thought alot about changing as i love fast acceleraton and it undeniable turbos are the answer to that prob, but i do doubt the 'drivability'. When i've been on trackdays i keep with and find i'm held up by far more powerfull turbo cars on the bends. i don't think i'm a great driver but i also don't think the turbo driver are bad, i seem to be putting myself off due to this. I'm halfway through modding my n/a to 220 ish bhp as i'm so bothered about this, it would be much cheaper to swap it in for a turbo car be it mr2 or not.

So, sorry about the long winded post, but turbos (of any car), more difficult to drive fast or not?
Old 04 March 2004, 12:26 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This might be a question for the new driving dynamics section
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=354