Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Celica T-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2004, 04:13 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celica T-Sport

Hi all, a friend has just bought one for 12.5k, just wondering what they are like, i know they hit 60 in just over 7 seconds and the engine has a small power band.... seems a bit of a waste of money to me??

any views?

thanks Moz
Old 25 June 2004, 04:17 PM
mozzaITA
Scooby Regular

They must be ****e, 76 people viewed the thread and no coments LOL, i get to see it this weekend..... i cant wait! lol
Old 25 June 2004, 07:06 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

My mum bought a Top spec VVTLi 190 (same car...just no naff rear spoiler).

Absolute loopy mobile once you wound it past 6000rpm. Ultra close ratio box (500ish rpm between shifts). And the noise it makes once that cam kicks is is just mental.

You have to thrash it to death to get the best out of it (redline every gear - no joke). Seems to cope quite well with the power in the dry - although in the wet it's just useless (no traction control and I dont think it has a LSD either ). Handling is very good, nice, tight and very chuckable. I love it, and my mum has turned into a girl racer again (oh dear )

It's very tinny and feels like a cheaper car in comparison to the old generation Celicas, but they were very heavy and drove nothing like the current ones, what toyota have done to cut down weight has certainly made it a far better car than the old ones

Oh, and the reverse bleeper has to be the most irritating and pointless feature (why couldn't they just use a reverse lock out like everyone else) - aside from the sunroof being called a moon-roof (beats the bright button on a Scoob )

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 June 2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old 26 June 2004, 05:15 PM
Lagamorph
Scooby Regular

mates got one at work your right no LSD but once rolling and thrashed can keep with my52 WRX on a dry straight i thought the interior was pretty good oh and a mad race car noise when thrashed

but £21 grand for good spec new one what a waste buy an older sti or save some more pennies and go to the dark side.

Andy
Old 26 June 2004, 05:45 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Like Ali-B my mum bought a top spec 190 (has a private reg too Ali - are you my long lost brother??? ).
Its true - you get the thing revving and its fantastic, great cabin, driving position (for me anyway).
Before I bought the scoob I had a 97 2.0GT celica - my mums 190 is quicker and more refined - A great choice mozza they look the part and seem to be owned (in the main) by non-boy racers so there's no negative stereotype etc...

P
Old 26 June 2004, 06:21 PM
cheddar bob
Scooby Regular

IMO the slighlty older Integra Type R (DC2) does everything the Celica T-Sport 190 does but better (apart from cruising and comfort ) and for less money too.
Old 26 June 2004, 08:33 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I knew someone would say that, and I can't argue either. We bought ours second hand too, £13k still with the warrantee (just gone 2 years old) Only Tegs I can find at that price are older and far higher mileage and out of warrantee

LOL what is it with mums and Celicas?? this is her 4th one!