Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

integra dc2 forums

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 02:06 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default integra dc2 forums

hi just wondering if anyone has got a goodlink for a integra type r dc2 forum like Snet. thanks
Old 31 August 2004, 02:17 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

try www.itr-dc2.com

or www.hondarevolutions.com

Last edited by Matt Classic; 31 August 2004 at 02:26 PM.
Old 31 August 2004, 02:21 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

thanks mate
Old 31 August 2004, 02:28 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

No worries. They're a good car but not as good as a scooby. (as I keep telling my mate whose just bought one)
Old 31 August 2004, 02:46 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

I would beg to differ after owning 4 scoobs and now a DC2. Ok, I am coming back to scoob land fairly soon, as I miss the low down grunt. But... if you keep an ITR on the boil its one seriously capable car. It handles better than my STi too, in the dry.

More fun, looks nicer and cheap to keep. I went in a modded one a while back and it was quite scary

I also kept up with an R6 on some fast roads last night, and an EVO2 who gave me the thumbs up earlier

MB
Old 31 August 2004, 03:26 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
I would beg to differ after owning 4 scoobs and now a DC2. Ok, I am coming back to scoob land fairly soon, as I miss the low down grunt. But... if you keep an ITR on the boil its one seriously capable car. It handles better than my STi too, in the dry.

More fun, looks nicer and cheap to keep. I went in a modded one a while back and it was quite scary

I also kept up with an R6 on some fast roads last night, and an EVO2 who gave me the thumbs up earlier

MB
Didnt mean to start up this old chestnut. It was purely a tongue in cheek comment. It is a lively car, no torque, but just need to stir it up to constantly get the best out of it and its fun then.
(they also look silly on 15" rims)
Old 31 August 2004, 03:59 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

MB
Old 31 August 2004, 04:10 PM
mo,s scoobymonster
Scooby Regular

hi just wondering from several people have said you need to keep it up there to get the most out of the car. so what does this mean onstantly be in the vtec above 5.500 revs. so this obviously sups alot more petrol (thats rich coming from a scooby owner). also what kind of milege do you get in one of these? was thinking of getting a cheap early 94-95 jdm teg, as i am trying to economise due to selling the scoob. these do look as the best alternative relatively fast car and cheap to run.
Old 31 August 2004, 04:16 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

I used to have a teg DC5, got up to 400 miles to the tank although in VTEC its something like 9 mpg!!
Old 31 August 2004, 04:21 PM
Matt Classic
Scooby Regular

Its seems to be addicitive to drive within the V-tec zone, just like when the turbo starts to fly on the Scoob.

I guess thats where all the optimax goes
Old 31 August 2004, 04:24 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

I sold my scoob for similar reasons as I bought a flat and was after something cheap to fuel. As it happens, I can afford to run something a bit more tasty. £35 gets me 220 miles so not that much of a saving. I dont hang around though and did get 300 by taking it easy - but where's the fun in that?!

Insurance isn't much cheaper either!

VTEC is from 6-9k and is quick in that zone. Even below that its nippy, but if you have to go up a steep hill or have a couple of passengers, it does affect the performance. Off the line its pretty quick, but traction is an issue. Its v good in the wet with the LSD, but the wheels can spin when it hits VTEC

You can see my thinkings here:
http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtop...792&highlight=

And here:
http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtop...386&highlight=

Still a great car, and really well built etc...

MB
Old 31 August 2004, 05:48 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

DBM et all, people seem to forget that the DC2 is still only a 1800cc engine at the end of the day, theres always going to be a tradeoff when extracting performance like that from a small ish motor....

I for have found no problems carrying four about when needed, it storms up long hills intop gear no problem, will do 30+ mpg if you try hard enough (why you'd bother is another question tho!)..inshort I have been more than pleased with mine so far, thoroughly recommended.

You can't drive them like a Scoob, it takes some getting used to, but once your not afraid of stirring that lovely 'box about and planting the ole right foot the car is more than capable imho.

And don't forget that noise.....
Old 31 August 2004, 08:56 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Barry - I do own one, so im being objective

I went up a steep hill the other day and found it a push to get it into the 6k zone, and dropping down a gear would have nearly overshot it. The VTEC needs moving down to 5k, then it would be spot on

Hard to believe its a N/A 1.8 though - amazing engineering, when you think it will kep up with much bigger stuff.

MB
Old 31 August 2004, 09:29 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

yeah, I wasn't having a go, sometimes it will lose speed on a serious hill but you find another 1.8 (Elise maybe?) that pulls like these even under the second cam, they still pull amazingly well considering, imho.

If you want to power up a steep hill its best attacking it from the outset anyway, rather than trying to get it to pull into vtec at the last minute...its not been a problem for me so far.
Old 31 August 2004, 09:57 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

The modded one I went in had a full decat, 4-1 manifold, unichip, maxogen intake - so fully freed up on the breathing side of things, and it was very very fast

The only downside was the VTEC was kick was lost a bit from the Unichip mapping, but still a distinct change in the engine note.

MB
Old 31 August 2004, 10:09 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

I'm hoping to meet that nebpor chap from the DC2forum next month, I'm off to Scotland for a mini tour in the car, he's hoping to join us on some of the days his car is quite modded now and he's promised me a shot in it, which could well be a costly excercise on my wallet...
Old 31 August 2004, 10:12 PM
Dark Blue Mark
Scooby Regular

Most helpful he is

MB
Old 01 September 2004, 07:14 PM
Riprock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dark Blue Mark
Barry - I do own one, so im being objective

I went up a steep hill the other day and found it a push to get it into the 6k zone, and dropping down a gear would have nearly overshot it. The VTEC needs moving down to 5k, then it would be spot on

Hard to believe its a N/A 1.8 though - amazing engineering, when you think it will kep up with much bigger stuff.

MB

I remember seeing on the revolutions forum about 18 months ish ago (think it may have been nephor)that the ideal point realistically for vtec changeover is around the 5200 rpm point instead of the 5800 it`s at stock.Looking at the dyno curves would seem to bear that out....theres a slight trailing off at the 5100 ish point.

The general consensus of opinion was that it was a possible marketing ploy i.e the kick seems MUCH bigger because the engine power is trailing off when the race cam comes on ,also one of the others was in relation to helping it pass emission regs.of course both those reasons could be complete a*se,but they sound quite reasonable

Yours

Dash
Old 02 September 2004, 08:27 AM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

These motors will pass emissions regs without the cats apparently so its probably noise regs or something too.... I like the kick tho, it does make the car feel more "fun"