Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Anyone changed from Sti PPP to Cupra R ?

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2004, 12:28 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone changed from Sti PPP to Cupra R ?

As above - anyone changed from 02/03 STi ppp to LCR, and if so what are their thoughts and experiences.

Love the Sti but the running costs are rising fast, cos of my high mileage - like the look of the Leon, also the possibility of 330D BMW or a TDi VAG.

Any thoughts on the LCR, especially real world performance compared to the STi

Cheers

Gareth
Old 28 October 2004, 04:02 PM
StevieG
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by GarethE
As above - anyone changed from 02/03 STi ppp to LCR, and if so what are their thoughts and experiences.

Love the Sti but the running costs are rising fast, cos of my high mileage - like the look of the Leon, also the possibility of 330D BMW or a TDi VAG.

Any thoughts on the LCR, especially real world performance compared to the STi

Cheers

Gareth
Gareth, I owned two Classic shape scoobies in succession before buying a LCR new in Dec 02. I rate it highly, as much real world performance as standard scoob (once rolling), but much more refined & has proper interior.....
Oh by the way, I need to sell if your interested ! This is purely because we have anew addition to the family & need more space etc. let me know if your interested........

Rgds
Steve
Old 28 October 2004, 04:17 PM
Cupramax
Scooby Regular

Talking

No Scoob experience here but have run an LCR for 2 years now and can confirm they are great fun as standard and nothing short of bonkers when remapped. Mines done 24k now and here what its cost

Running expenses are the usual things. Front tyres last 8k ish @ £125 each for Eagle F1's, these make a huge difference to the way the car behaves in the wet compared to the useless factory fit P Zero's!!! front brake pads need replacing every 10k or so @ £160 fitted (brembo's). Servicing is reasonable 10k interim cost £76 on mine and £175 for the 20k.

Petrol wise I get 260 miles to a tank round town, fill up costs £40 ish using unleaded or £45 optimax, works out about 26mpg and high 30's on a long run.

Have a look at www.seatcupra.net/forums ... friendly bunch
Old 28 October 2004, 04:36 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies, I expected at least one from you Cupramax

Thanks for the offer Steve, but if I do buy it will be new, sorry m8.

CM - on the figures you've put out the Cupra will be almost as expensive as my STi , but obviously a lot cheaper to purchase....I'll have to take a closer look and pop over for a chat with the friendly dealer.

Cheers

PS - congratulations on the new arrival Steve
Old 28 October 2004, 05:05 PM
StevieG
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by GarethE
Thanks for the replies, I expected at least one from you Cupramax

Thanks for the offer Steve, but if I do buy it will be new, sorry m8.

CM - on the figures you've put out the Cupra will be almost as expensive as my STi , but obviously a lot cheaper to purchase....I'll have to take a closer look and pop over for a chat with the friendly dealer.

Cheers

PS - congratulations on the new arrival Steve

Thanks Gareth, no problem, I was thinking of putting the car in the "for sale section" anyway

Cheers
Steve
Old 28 October 2004, 06:42 PM
drkuthan
Scooby Regular

They new leon is on the way and has no similiarity with the old model. I have seen the new leons pics but I was really disappointed. The old one your planning to buy is much better.