Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

How many people have had this done to their cars......

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2005, 07:27 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry How many people have had this done to their cars......

When some t055er drives passed and takes your wingmirror off, knowing they are in the wrong, dont even stop
Happened to me on monday night, though another 6 inches and it would have been much worse
Now 41 quid lighter as my electric wingmirror is totally kaput (peugeot breakers had a better one in stock ) but havnt got the white bit that flew off, would have retrieved it but some truck ran over it

Tony
Old 05 February 2005, 07:32 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can sympathise wth you mate. Had the same thing happen to me a couple of years back. Driving along a narrow lane when some lunatic in a 306 came around a bend over the white line. I managed to avoid the kerb but he took my wing mirror clean off (I'm surprised it didn't come through the window the impact was so hard). He just kept going and I couldn't turn to follow. Fortunately I was in my wife's old Astra and picked one up for a tenner from the local scrappers.

Andy

Last edited by teknobod; 05 February 2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05 February 2005, 08:15 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some old ***** hit mine whilst I sat in my car one day in traffic I gestured to the old git and he didn't have a clue Old people
Old 05 February 2005, 08:18 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Yep happened last summer - had the window down and got showered in glass. Old tosser in a Rover 6-series
Old 06 February 2005, 12:14 AM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Happened to me last year, and only the other day some old fart directly in front of me in a Toyota Carina estate barrelled round a car parked on his side of the road, taking off the wing mirror of this learner in an oncoming Corsa.

CarinaMan stopped about 50m down the road, got out, inspected the damage, saw the Corsa coming back and burned off! Tw*t!!
Old 06 February 2005, 01:11 AM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Had this happen twice in past five years - both occasions involving White Van Man hurrying blindly in narrow lanes. On both occasions had I also been another hurrying white van man driving the same way blindly down narrow winding country lanes, more than a driver's door mirror would be involved in the incident.

Far too many folks chasing money on our roads today .... no time to drive considerately.
Old 06 February 2005, 09:09 AM
phelpsa
Scooby Regular

What I hate is going down little country lanes the day the bin men come. All the black wheelie bins are sat in the middle of the road, and you can't see them round the corner. We've had 2 wing mirrors off because of them.

And because they are empty they echo, so the whole village can hear
Old 06 February 2005, 11:48 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I came round a bend on my motorbike one day and some tw*t had just dangerously overtaken someone before the bend. As we met he was well on my side of the road and trying to cut in, he hit my wing mirror. The glass smashed and hit my neck quite hard. I slowed down, removed one of my gloves and felt my neck. Looked at my hand and saw blood on it, pulled over wondering how bad it was. Had a look in the other mirror and it was just a few minor cuts but had me worried for a second.

Obviously the pr*ck didn't stop and only reason I didn't go after him was because I felt the glass hit my neck.