Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My new Car!

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2005, 08:17 AM
SteveV-WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Car!

I picked up my new Clio yesterday afternoon and I thought I would put up a quick initial report.

There was a thread with the 182 being discussed a couple of weeks ago and I was talking about deciding on the Clio 1.5 DCI as an alternative to the 182.

The car that I got was the 100HP (98bhp) dynamique DCI which is the sporting model of the diesel engine. When I had it out for a test drive, after an hour of throwing the thing around the minimum MPG I had was 43 and it felt a lot more pokey than the 1.6 16v petrol version. The engine has got so much torque as well, I have been driving a Seat Cordoba with the 1.9 TDI VAG unit and it feels faster even given the weight difference.

The interior is exactly the same as the clio cup, the seats are comfortable and firm where they should be and 6 way adjustable. One of the things that I was most worried about was the interior, i've had a couple of french & renault cars before and the interior squeeks and rattles are one of the biggest niggles, but this feels very solid. The doors make a reasuring thunk when closed unlike my old classic, which sounded like a baked bean tin being beaten.

Basic spec was quite high on the car but I opted for a Digital Pack, which consists of a Digital Climate Control unit, Electric Sunroof, 4 x 40w head unit and a 6 disc autochanger. Standard Equipment included the nice 5 spoke 15" alloys, front fogs and metallic paint.

Overall the car is a cracking package, feels a lot more grown up and sturdy than other small hatches i've been in. But also has the advantage of feeling like a warm hatch. The steering is very precise and responsive, I really do get a good feel for the road without it being tiring. One moan that I have found is the size of the steering wheel and seating position, in comparison it feels like your in a transit!

I'll let you know how I get on as the week progresses.

Oh as I'm thinking about it, the dealer service I recieved was second to none. Even though I brought from new etc, from the first time I went in and every time anything needed doing the sales team was cracking. Even had a bottle of wine and a very large bouqet of flowers left for us in the back seat when we picked up. I'm sure that some subaru dealers out there are very good but all the ones i've been to could learn something from these guys.

Cheers

Steve V

http://www.renault.co.uk/images/tein...bcl23nv676.jpg
Old 08 February 2005, 09:22 AM
Dai-Tec
Scooby Regular

Nice one mate, good to hear you got a good un.
Old 09 February 2005, 02:27 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SteveV-WRX

Oh as I'm thinking about it, the dealer service I recieved was second to none. Even though I brought from new etc, from the first time I went in and every time anything needed doing the sales team was cracking. Even had a bottle of wine and a very large bouqet of flowers left for us in the back seat when we picked up. I'm sure that some subaru dealers out there are very good but all the ones i've been to could learn something from these guys.

Cheers

Steve V

http://www.renault.co.uk/images/tein...bcl23nv676.jpg
You know the Scoob dealers would of charged you somewhere for that Glad you like your new car