CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE COUPE

Search this Thread

Old 27 May 2005, 08:09 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHRYSLER CROSSFIRE COUPE

Anyone got one??Tried one?..
Thinkin of getting one,but would like other peoples opinions,especially as a car to drive for a women.As it will be my other half thats driving it more than me.
Old 27 May 2005, 09:40 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I've never driven one but I looked at the cabriolet a while ago, didn't go for it as I heard bad things about how they drive. Went for a BMW 3 series in the end
Old 27 May 2005, 09:45 AM
LIDDO
Scooby Regular

Not driven one, but been behind one briefly, cos he put his foot down and left me for dead I was in my BM 323 though FWIW, I think they look quite good, but its still a Chrysler!!!! Not the best make in the world, but different
Old 27 May 2005, 10:34 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

I personally have only read the reviews etc but I cant stand the looks, they arent that powerful and not particularly quick, and have you seen how stupid that boot is ? I know you dont buy coupes for boot space but still, the opening is only about 2 feet wide !!
Old 27 May 2005, 10:38 AM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

was it clarkson that said from behind they look like a dog squatting for a dump?
thats all i can see when i look at them now...
Old 27 May 2005, 11:51 AM
wilf
Scooby Regular

Didnt get good reviews but cant be that bad as basically the old SLK320 under the skin and that was fairly rated.

Its one of those cars that for full list its probably not that great (hence poor reviews) but get a second hand one that's had a bit of heavy depreciation and its a steal.

I reckon they look pretty good. As far as Clarkson gos hes a journo through and through (he has to come up with funny/controversial views or people would stop reading/listening to him). I like his stuff but its not always the most objective.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:03 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Yeah - but he might have been right about the Crossfire! I've driven one (the convertible). On days like today, with the sun shining and roof down you could forgive it a lot. It's fully loaded with all the goodies. If you just want to cruise about then fine. If you are looking for an inspiring drive forget it. Dull as dishwater and will understeer badly when pushed - naff handling if I'm honest. Compared to the RX-8 that I eventually bought - they are worlds apart. Looks are a personal thing - can't say it is really my cup of tea.

Price wise - I wouldn't pay anywhere near list. You should be able to get some good deals via the Internet.
Old 27 May 2005, 12:10 PM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

Dirt
Old 27 May 2005, 04:00 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Theres a guy locally who drives a pastel yellow crossfire, the roofs always down and he keeps the little wing thing permanently up. With his sunnies on and his slicked back hair the girls I'm sure must swoon every time.

To me and most of my mates, he looks like a c**k big time!
Old 27 May 2005, 04:37 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Perhaps i shouldnt have asked...??

Remember its mainly for the other half...Razor sharp handling and massive performance aint the priority here..I realise the looks are unusual...in a way that ya love or hate..but i like them..and so does she..

BTW...had a BMW cab and an Audi cab before..BMW cabs are **** cars now IMHO and Audi's are a little staid...both are double the price of the CC too..

Anybody had any REAL experiences and not what they have read..

Chris L...like the RX 8 myself,test drove one...it didnt really push any buttons at all for me im afraid..And missus couldnt see the end of the bonnet..Shortarse!!
Old 27 May 2005, 05:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been in one and I thought it was pretty quick, my slightly daft uncle was driving it at the time so that added to the terror as he talks to you whilst he is driving, fine but he looks at you and gesticulates as well !

The facia looks like a Matsui stereo, the wheels were already corroding on a six month old demo car but I was impressed how quick it was.

It does indeed as Clarkson did say look like a squatting dog.