Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

My new Toy

Search this Thread

Old 16 July 2005, 01:55 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Toy

This is my 2004 Road legal Ram 250 complete with twin carbs, racing can and nerf bars.
Should be a bit of fun for the summer lol

Old 16 July 2005, 02:31 PM
dannytwo
Scooby Regular

take care on that mate,saw a young lad come off his on the road not long ago had to stop and pull it of him,it clipped the curb and landed on top of him he was'nt wearing a helmet.
very lucky lad.

apart from that very nice mate enjoy
Old 16 July 2005, 02:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Great Quad, looking to get one of these myself

Danny - No offence but IMHO no-one should ride one without a helmet i know it is not the law (but it should be) just common sense.
Old 16 July 2005, 07:21 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

Yea i will definatley get a helmet. I have seen a few viseo clips of people comming a cropper lol
Old 17 July 2005, 12:39 AM
dannytwo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Great Quad, looking to get one of these myself

Danny - No offence but IMHO no-one should ride one without a helmet i know it is not the law (but it should be) just common sense.

no offence taken mate
he was'nt my lad,if he was,he would'nt be getting on one without a helmet

i bet there great fun would like a go on one me self
Old 17 July 2005, 08:55 AM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

I hear Ozzy Osbourne & Rik Mayall are offering a discount on training if your interested?
Old 17 July 2005, 11:54 AM
RAF1
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice - I had on about 2 years ago - great fun (apart from getting stopped by the police about 6 times a day!! - until they got to know me then it was all good!) All the City Centre cameras would pick it up
Not many around then but nowadays you see quite a few road legal ones..

If your anything like me you'll get used to it..! get bored of it....! and then look for something bigger - and more powerful!!! (Yamaha 660 Raptor )
Only I couldnt justify spending about £5k on a road legal quad... rather put in £5k more and get a Type-R

Raf.
Old 17 July 2005, 11:58 AM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

RAF1, your so spot on, been having a little look at the raptor already, but dont know if i could justify spending that much on a toy
Old 17 July 2005, 12:33 PM
SCOOBYD00
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TyPe~~R
RAF1, your so spot on, been having a little look at the raptor already, but dont know if i could justify spending that much on a toy
Very nice... drool....
Old 27 July 2005, 12:09 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm off to pick up a Raptor tomorrow. I'd spent 3 months trying to go down the road legal route, but there are loads of people trying to sell "road legal" quads which clearly are not, so I've bought an off road one.

At somepoint, if I get a spare grand, I'll SVA it and make it a PLG. I got the following requirements list from a guy who has SVA'd a Raptor, but it will apply to all quads:

letter of year of manufacture from maker
a print out from a dyno run showing that the quad outputs no more that 15kwof power max (@20hp)
indicators min distance from inner edges 500mm front and rear
hazards which must work with ign off
side lights
no plate light
rear reflectors red and round
illuminated speedo
indicator of lights on
indicator of hazards on
2 e marked convex mirrors 78mm dia
e marked tyres rated over the top speed of your quad
parking brake cable operated
high and low head lights (e marked).
under 99db
horn

this is all for a quad under 1300mm wide at the widest point if the quad is over this it then gets harder.
Old 27 July 2005, 02:25 PM
TyPe~~R
Scooby Regular

Good luck with it mate, watch out, those raptors are crazy beasts. Be carefull lol
Old 27 July 2005, 04:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Type~~R
I am seriously thinking about getting a Ram 250 later this year and would be interested in you views once you have had it a while, could you post them or PM me your thoughts?. I was thinking along the lines of another enduro bike but i recon i will give a quad a go first as it looks like great fun and i am getting old!

BTW the piccies of yours look great - Blues is deffo the best colour (colour reminds me of my Suzuki TS50ER i had back in 1980) and i hope you enjoy it!

I plan to use mine off road as well as on the road - just to nip down the shops and stuff. I will ride it with a helmet though as i value what brain i have left.

Dannytwo - just re read you first post and now realise it was not your kid - DOH!

Good luck

Paul

Last edited by The Zohan; 27 July 2005 at 04:49 PM.
Old 27 July 2005, 05:13 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TyPe~~R
Good luck with it mate, watch out, those raptors are crazy beasts. Be carefull lol
Must admit a few people told me to get a LTZ or TRX, but I'm hoping that they are like my road bikes in the sense that I always found bikes with big engines easier to ride.

I know I won't be able to keep up with people on the track, but I'm wanting to ride for fun, although the Supa Moto event at Cadwell does kind of appeal to me.
Old 27 July 2005, 05:26 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I had a play with one between Coniston and Windemere about 4 weeks ago just like that... Dont know what engine he had mind, but with his off road shortcuts and my higher speeds we drew over a good few miles worth of road
We shook hands at the ferry queue and he bombed off back into the woods at breakneck speed... It looked superb fun but I wasnt gonna swap him for a go of the scoob
Great toy - helmet stuff seconded.... Great summer fun
Old 28 July 2005, 01:39 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

check out quad heaven not quite as busy as sn but plenty of info there.

i currently running a fairly well modded banshee (350 twin 2 stroke) which is highly recommended, though i've not ridden a 4 banger. i would love one on the road

http://www.quadheaven.co.uk/index.html

stevie

Last edited by stevie boy; 28 July 2005 at 01:43 PM.
Old 28 July 2005, 01:52 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
I'm off to pick up a Raptor tomorrow.
wheres abouts in yorkshire are you? theres a track in scarborough with 3 banshees in regular atendance. we've also started building a 2 meter high freestyle ramp if ya fancy getting airbourne??

stevie
Old 29 July 2005, 06:16 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

there was a full page advert in Daily Mirror for road legal quad's everything from small one's right up to raptor's , bomber's , TRX's .400Z, all ready for road , www.yorkshirequads.co.uk ,
Old 29 July 2005, 08:01 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevie boy
wheres abouts in yorkshire are you? theres a track in scarborough with 3 banshees in regular atendance. we've also started building a 2 meter high freestyle ramp if ya fancy getting airbourne??

stevie
Live near Howden.

Currently take my young'un to Armthorpe (nr Doncaster) to ride his LT80, so I thought I'd join him. If you've not been to Armthorpe, I suggest you do !! The guy I bought the Raptor from, and his mate, who both live in Coventry travel to it nearly every weekend. Talk to people from t'other side of Manchester quite often too. (it's that well thought of)

Also plan to ride at my friends farm - can't wait for them to knock the wheat down

Let me know if you want some more details.
Old 29 July 2005, 08:02 PM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ73
there was a full page advert in Daily Mirror for road legal quad's everything from small one's right up to raptor's , bomber's , TRX's .400Z, all ready for road , www.yorkshirequads.co.uk ,
I went to look around there a couple of Sunday ago before hitting Meadow Hall with the wife. Fair bit in, but you need a big cheque book.
Old 30 July 2005, 12:20 AM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
Live near Howden.

Currently take my young'un to Armthorpe (nr Doncaster) to ride his LT80, so I thought I'd join him. If you've not been to Armthorpe, I suggest you do !! The guy I bought the Raptor from, and his mate, who both live in Coventry travel to it nearly every weekend. Talk to people from t'other side of Manchester quite often too. (it's that well thought of)

Also plan to ride at my friends farm - can't wait for them to knock the wheat down

Let me know if you want some more details.
yeah defo no about armthorpe, i've been going about 8/9 years now on and off. although i've not been with a quad for about 4 years now as it was knackered in the back of the garage,so i've always took my crosser instead, but got the bug again and bought another one a few months ago. theres a few of us going down in a couple of weeks on a monday and then on to pineham at milton keynes for the tuesday, can't wait!

stevie