Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Audi RS4

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2005, 03:27 PM
RAJ27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi RS4

What do you think of the new RS4? I saw one outside an Audi garage and it looked very impressive. I think it's nearly £50k though!!!
Old 27 December 2005, 03:30 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Didn't think UK dealers had them yet?????????

Mog
Old 27 December 2005, 03:44 PM
RAJ27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mog
Didn't think UK dealers had them yet?????????

Mog
True, must be a one off special demo. Just checked the Audi site and there isn't a indication on when it's to be released. Maybe it's a standard A4 with the S Line kit and 18" Alloys with RS4 badging that I saw?
Old 27 December 2005, 05:21 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

It may be LHD as I had a look at one in the Audi dealer in Picadilly about a month ago Am going to order one soon.
Old 27 December 2005, 05:28 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I think first deliveries have been delayed until March. £50k basic, about £55k with a few choice extras. Quite expensive...
Old 27 December 2005, 06:04 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

The "S Line" badging looks very much like a RS badge from a distance which upsets alot of RS owners.

Mog
Old 27 December 2005, 06:16 PM
Garef
Scooby Newbie

I Also seen one today, was at the Audi garage next to Brahead in Glasgow. £50,000 Can't remember if it said 3.2 or 4.2 quattro avant or something like that. Full red Recaro interior, gorgeous 18 inch alloys. A amesome looking piece of machinery. Definetly wasn't an A4 with the s-line badge, cos that one was sitting next to this one.
Old 27 December 2005, 07:37 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Garef
I Also seen one today, was at the Audi garage next to Brahead in Glasgow. £50,000 Can't remember if it said 3.2 or 4.2 quattro avant or something like that. Full red Recaro interior, gorgeous 18 inch alloys. A amesome looking piece of machinery. Definetly wasn't an A4 with the s-line badge, cos that one was sitting next to this one.
That wasn't a RS4 you saw for 2 reasons, first its a 4.2na engine, 3.2 isn't an option and it wouldn't say Quattro on it. Second the Avant probably won't be launched until the Geneva Motorshow next year with deliveries 3rd quarter!!!

Mog
Old 27 December 2005, 07:58 PM
ex D Brown
Scooby Regular

Ordered my RS4 2 weeks ago (through my Company scheme) for delivery June 06. When I was test driving potential new cars, the Audi dealer (Walton on Thames) said that the only RS4's in the UK at that time were a couple of pre-production models that Audi UK had for showing key customers (i.e. not me!). There's more about this on www.rs246.com forums.
Old 27 December 2005, 09:41 PM
DaveMiddleton
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mog
That wasn't a RS4 you saw for 2 reasons, first its a 4.2na engine, 3.2 isn't an option and it wouldn't say Quattro on it. Second the Avant probably won't be launched until the Geneva Motorshow next year with deliveries 3rd quarter!!!

Mog
3rd reason is that the RS4 will ride on 19"rims.
Old 27 December 2005, 09:47 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

What is the respected power & performance figures ???
Old 27 December 2005, 09:47 PM
wide
Scooby Regular

50k for a car that doesnt seem to be so much better than an sti is a bit much. But wow what an awesome looking motor when I saw it on top gear, want to see one in the flesh
Old 27 December 2005, 10:11 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is "better" in many ways than an STI except for performance aspects. Comfort, refinement, equipment, image, interior, exterior, build quality. Some would rather pay half the money and get a car that performs nearly as well, and certainly for £20K less can be tuned to be faster. Others want a more "complete" car.
Old 27 December 2005, 10:21 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Smile

[QUOTE=Garef]I Also seen one today, was at the Audi garage next to Brahead in Glasgow. £50,000 Can't remember if it said 3.2 or 4.2 quattro avant or something like that. Full red Recaro interior

Fourth reason is I don't think it comes with a red interior! As I mentioned earlier I don't think the first customer cars are being delivered until Mar 06
Old 27 December 2005, 10:23 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by john banks
It is "better" in many ways than an STI except for performance aspects. Comfort, refinement, equipment, image, interior, exterior, build quality. Some would rather pay half the money and get a car that performs nearly as well, and certainly for £20K less can be tuned to be faster. Others want a more "complete" car.
What he said
Old 28 December 2005, 05:13 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The RS4 is reviewed against the M3 CS and C55 AMG in next months Evo mag. Driven on the finest Welsh twisties it starts well, but falters later. It is also pitted against some 4WD machinery on Bedfords West Circuit, and is trounced by a 996 C4S and obliterated by an Evo9 MR340. Fabulous in so many ways, but flawed.
Old 28 December 2005, 08:20 AM
chrome
Scooby Regular

Question

^^^how do you know this?

are you EVO staff?...
or a printer?

Last edited by chrome; 28 December 2005 at 08:24 AM.
Old 28 December 2005, 09:06 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

i understand why and how these types of threads develop, but isnt this yet again another case of budget, personal preference or what manufacturer is offering the best deal...?

surely 99% of people that will buy any high performance car of this type will not be able to realistically exploit the very small differences in performance...its just bragging rights in the pub/office isnt it...? (nothing really wrong with that though...!)
Old 28 December 2005, 11:59 AM
ex D Brown
Scooby Regular

Smile Brasserie Bragging

Originally Posted by brihoppy
surely 99% of people that will buy any high performance car of this type will not be able to realistically exploit the very small differences in performance...its just bragging rights in the pub/office isnt it...? (nothing really wrong with that though...!)
You are 50% correct - the percentage of my driving where an RS4 will be any better than a Citroen C2 1.1 LX is in single digits.

The other 50% - I don't really do bragging - however the one and only reason I ordered one is because the RS4 has a button which makes the exhaust louder (amongst other, more technical things). So now and then I can scare the **** out of Jean-Pierre le Plombier in his Kangoo van when he is taking up both lanes!
Old 28 December 2005, 12:19 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

My old man's had one on order since August. Was told at the time delivery would be November. November came, and he got a call from the Audi dealer that delivery was now December. December came, and he got a call from the Audi dealer asking if he had recieved a letter from Audi saying delivery was put back yet again. No he hadn't and still hasn't.
He phoned Audi and after being passed around by people who didn't know, he was eventually told that yes, his car had ben put back till March (at the earliest). Well and truly pi55ed off he is.

There are RS4's in the country, all of which are LHD. Audi has been running them for track days for special customers, ie those which have ordered one, so I suppose this is a way of saying sorry for the delay but have a track day on us. Guess what? yes, my dad hasn't been invited. What I think is happening is that Audi is just building LHD models for Europe and the USA. Yet again Britain get the ****ty end of the stick. What makes it worse is that I'm sure I read that Audi have sold more old RS4's and RS6's in Britain than in vertually every other country.

My dad's seriously thinking of cancelling his order with them. He's bought fast Audi's now for about 10-12 years. Thinking about either a Carrera S or an AMV8, as the Aston has already started showing up second hand or people are selling their brand new cars.
Old 28 December 2005, 12:21 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by chrome
^^^how do you know this?

are you EVO staff?...
or a printer?

Hacker
Old 28 December 2005, 01:10 PM
Mog
Scooby Regular

I think you will find that the RS4 has been delayed in this country as Audi UK are still developing the suspension for our unique roads and wont release it untill they are happy with it. You only have to remember what happened with the old RS4 and the bendy wheels which only occured because of the state of our road system in the UK.

Mog
Old 28 December 2005, 01:40 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There were also rumours about the engines going pop/bang. I was also interested in Oct/Nov but there was nothing materialising and I wanted to change the car then.
Old 29 December 2005, 11:01 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by stilover
What I think is happening is that Audi is just building LHD models for Europe and the USA. Yet again Britain get the ****ty end of the stick.
I'd be very very surprised if Audi treated the UK as the '****ty end of the stick'. IIRC the UK is their largest market after Germany.
Old 29 December 2005, 12:35 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^Qwerty^
I'd be very very surprised if Audi treated the UK as the '****ty end of the stick'. IIRC the UK is their largest market after Germany.

It wouldn't be the first time for a car manufacturer to overlook Britain for selling it's models. Just look at Japan, with Subaru, Nissan, Mitsubishi. For years Britain has not been sold the best models, specs, etc, when we buy more of their cars than anyother country bar Japan.

Plus we get charged more money for our cars than vertually anywhere else as well. How can Subaru, Audi, Ford, etc, say that it costs X to sell a car in Britain then charge half the price for the same car in America?

Plus hasn't America had a more powerful Impreza straight out of the box than what we get here? I'm sure they do. Again why do they get better specs than us when we buy more of them?
Old 29 December 2005, 06:36 PM
Garef
Scooby Newbie

Cheers for putting me wrong, so what did I say, was it an S4? I know it had a badge with and S on it, I cannie mind. I know it wasn't the s-line badge on it.
Old 29 December 2005, 07:23 PM
Simon S3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
when we buy more of their cars than anyother country bar Japan.

Wrong, the USA buys more Japanese cars than we do.
Old 29 December 2005, 08:18 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon S3
Wrong, the USA buys more Japanese cars than we do.
Maybe your bog standard civic, corrola, yaris etc, but not Evo's, Impreza STi's, as they've only had them a couple years.