Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Walked past my RAV4 on the way to work today

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2006, 12:17 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Walked past my RAV4 on the way to work today

Well, not exactly past it, as I came straight out of the front door and out of the gate, and the car was back down the drive, but still.

I see the paint is still the same colour as last week. Dog has watered one of the alloys though, as is increasingly usual and I'm not sure if one of the local birds has decided to defecate on the windscreen (again) - couldn't see at that distance, and I was in a hurry to catch the train.

Might drive it at the weekend. Think I need to put some more diesel in too.
Old 09 June 2006, 12:20 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been in the sun Brendan ?
Old 09 June 2006, 12:51 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

I thought this was going to be another "we were at the lights, he was blipping his throttle, I was digging my heels in, I knew I'd have him because I was wearing my new trainers" kind of thread but then I saw the title said "my" and not "a"
Old 09 June 2006, 01:28 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

sublime
Old 09 June 2006, 01:30 PM
Ricky
Scooby Regular

Just while we are on the subject of Rav 4's guys could anyone tell me a good forum with regards to the car. I did a search on here but the only forum I could find didnt seem to exist anymore ?

Any help appreciated !

Also, would anyone be prepared to post pictues of their Rav's to help me with any mods I may do ...... different kinds of sidesteps, bulb bars, rear bars etc etc etc. I intend to buy a fresh XT4 or possibly an XT3 for the better half.

Regards and thanks in advance !

Ricky !
Old 09 June 2006, 01:34 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

http://www.manzonemag.co.uk/distribution.html
Old 09 June 2006, 01:47 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lightning101

Worryingly for you though Lightning, you know the link !!!
Old 09 June 2006, 01:52 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I'm in touch with my sexuality. << I have no idea what that means but I am
Old 09 June 2006, 02:12 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Ricky, http://rav4world.com/ seems OK. But the only mod I did to mine was to change the stereo. Aiming to sell mine now as I can get a good deal on a different wifemobile
Old 09 June 2006, 02:15 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
wifemobile
I like the sound of one of those, lying in bed looking up at six different ones dangling there going round in circles to a catchy tune, and deciding which one to take to bed
Old 09 June 2006, 04:42 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ricky
Just while we are on the subject of Rav 4's guys could anyone tell me a good forum with regards to the car. I did a search on here but the only forum I could find didnt seem to exist anymore ?

Any help appreciated !

Also, would anyone be prepared to post pictues of their Rav's to help me with any mods I may do ...... different kinds of sidesteps, bulb bars, rear bars etc etc etc. I intend to buy a fresh XT4 or possibly an XT3 for the better half.

Regards and thanks in advance !

Ricky !

or buy something else, total bucket of ****e
Old 10 June 2006, 05:42 AM
Ricky
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the constructive comments guys !!!!!! And as for the not so constructive.... well..... lets not go there.

What about a few photo's ? Or do I have to start a photo thread seperately !!!!!

Ricky !
Old 10 June 2006, 06:48 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

My comment is not that unconstructive when I purchased a brand new Rav4 in 03 and sold it 13 months later due to paint quality. I had a black 03 reg VX and a number of bird poos didn't just mark the paint they ate through the top coat and left a white mark on the panel, the paint had also not hardened fully and you could actually mark the paint on a hot day if it was touched by a finger nail. When I sold the car it required 3 panels being resprayed,1 being the bonnet. After conversations with Toyota they told me in not so many words to f11ck off and the dealer told me to sue them. None of these poos where on the car for my than 24 hours. Spoke to a Toyota HO employee off the record and they were well aware of a paint problem but it would be too costly to recall every black Rav4 for a respray so they would officially keep denying the problem. After my experience I would not recommend or purchase a Toyota again.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:12 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby-Doo
My comment is not that unconstructive when I purchased a brand new Rav4 in 03 and sold it 13 months later due to paint quality. I had a black 03 reg VX and a number of bird poos didn't just mark the paint they ate through the top coat and left a white mark on the panel, the paint had also not hardened fully and you could actually mark the paint on a hot day if it was touched by a finger nail. When I sold the car it required 3 panels being resprayed,1 being the bonnet. After conversations with Toyota they told me in not so many words to f11ck off and the dealer told me to sue them. None of these poos where on the car for my than 24 hours. Spoke to a Toyota HO employee off the record and they were well aware of a paint problem but it would be too costly to recall every black Rav4 for a respray so they would officially keep denying the problem. After my experience I would not recommend or purchase a Toyota again.
However, if you don't buy a black one, they have a lot going for them.

I've had this discussion with SD before. I had no paint problems on my old black 3 door (earlier paint) and fantastic dealer service.

It was a company car, used and abused, and absolutely nothing went wrong with it in 2 years and 26,000 hard miles, parked outside.
Old 13 June 2006, 12:49 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Brendan, you seem like a fairly bright sort of guy and I'm sure you've covered it before but exactly WHY???? did you buy a RAV4?

I've been to Lisboa and it occurs to me that such a vehicle is entirely unsuited for life there.........you'd have done better with a dicarded 300,000K E class ex-taxi.
Old 13 June 2006, 01:17 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

We had massively conflicting demands - sorry, I don't have time to type all of them! - and it seemed to tick all the boxes, or better than anything else. I was on SN for two years asking about all variety of cars, it seemed impossible to find "the one". Finally, I think the crux was that I intended to buy two cars, a sensible family one and a mad one, rather than a "one-size-fits-all". Unfortunately I bought a great house and didn't have money for the Caterham, so stayed with the Toyota. My life's changed a bit since then, and I don't hanker after a fast car as much as I used to.

We don't live/drive in the city centre, so a jeepette is pretty good for the suburbs and driving round the countryside. Now looking at an X3 - not least as I get a hefty discount from BMW.
Old 13 June 2006, 01:21 PM
Rabid
BANNED

We had massively conflicting demands - sorry, I don't have time to type all of them! - and it seemed to tick all the boxes, or better than anything else. I was on SN for two years asking about all variety of cars, it seemed impossible to find "the one". Finally, I think the crux was that I intended to buy two cars, a sensible family one and a mad one, rather than a "one-size-fits-all". Unfortunately I bought a great house and didn't have money for the Caterham, so stayed with the Toyota. My life's changed a bit since then, and I don't hanker after a fast car as much as I used to.

We don't live/drive in the city centre, so a jeepette is pretty good for the suburbs and driving round the countryside. Now looking at an X3 - not least as I get a hefty discount from BMW.
Fair enough, you didn't fancy a NIVA then like the locals?

How about a wooden backed pickup with a large 80 sign on the back? As far as I can see owning one of these gives the driver the ability to magically overtake into blind bends without fear of a crash..............

Has to be better than an X3 at any rate, only one thing worse than an X5 and the little brother is it!
Old 13 June 2006, 01:32 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately that wooden-backed pickup has now metamorphosed (round greater Lisboa) into those bloody Mitsubishi Strakar Sport things - two tonnes of crap handling pickup driven by someone who thinks he DOES own the road (big shiny car = far superior to the unwashed populace) and is invincible to boot. There was some sort of tax holiday on 4x4s in 2000, so loads of prats bought them and driving is now a veritable arms race

If I get my calculations right, I can have the X3 for 5 years and lose barely a grand on depreciation. I'll stick with that
Old 13 June 2006, 01:34 PM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your first post was surreal !! i have no idea what you were saying mate
Old 13 June 2006, 01:36 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diablo
However, if you don't buy a black one, they have a lot going for them.

I've had this discussion with SD before. I had no paint problems on my old black 3 door (earlier paint) and fantastic dealer service.

It was a company car, used and abused, and absolutely nothing went wrong with it in 2 years and 26,000 hard miles, parked outside.
That we have............but people should be aware that if you do get a lemming both the dealer and Head Office could not give a stuff.
Old 13 June 2006, 07:58 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

If I get my calculations right, I can have the X3 for 5 years and lose barely a grand on depreciation. I'll stick with that
Any chance of getting a spare X3 for me